Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adaptives with Reactive Traits
Obviously, ever generation contains a range of personalities (my black sheep, individualist Civic ass can tell you all about that), but I think the Adaptive generation has an above average level of this diversity. The formation of the Adaptive archetype is contingent around being over-protected and sheltered from the era of crisis they grow up in. For those who were minorities, especially poor or lacking in parental figures, it's not uncommon for them to develop into something more scrappy, survivalist, possibly even sociopathic.
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
(07-30-2022, 01:38 AM)JasonBlack Wrote: Obviously, ever generation contains a range of personalities (my black sheep, individualist Civic ass can tell you all about that), but I think the Adaptive generation has an above average level of this diversity. The formation of the Adaptive archetype is contingent around being over-protected and sheltered from the era of crisis they grow up in. For those who were minorities, especially poor or lacking in parental figures, it's not uncommon for them to develop into something more scrappy, survivalist, possibly even sociopathic.

The word "adaptive" isn't used lightly here.  Yes, the Silents, and their as-yet-not-totally-defined analogs (fwiw, I hate the term Zoomer) were and are go-along-to-get-along types.  If the recessive Xers are stoic, the Adaptives are fully pliable.  If this 4T leaves unfinished business (as I suspect it will), the neo-Prophets will be the ones pick up the gauntlet and resolve the unfinihsed business, assuming this is still possible by then.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why 2001-2003 is the cusp between Millennials and New Adaptives RELFantastic 14 5,647 08-19-2021, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  A Gen Xer Rants On The Lack Of Reactive and Adaptive Representation Camz 10 5,054 08-13-2020, 02:59 PM
Last Post: jleagans