Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The center right will likely win the culture war
What will not win the Culture Wars:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The man accused of attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband carried zip ties with him when he broke into the couple’s San Francisco home, according to a person briefed on the investigation, in what is the latest parallel to the Capitol riot of Jan. 6, 2021.
The person was not authorized to publicly discuss the Pelosi case and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Sunday.

The attack on Democratic leader’s 82-year-old husband, Paul Pelosi, less than two weeks before before the Nov. 8 election that will determine control of Congress as well as key statewide and local offices, was an unsettling reminder of the nation’s toxic political climate. With threats to public officials at an all-time high, members of Congress were being urged to reach out for additional security resources, including increased police patrols of their neighborhoods.

U.S. Capitol Police Chief J. Thomas Manger said in a weekend memo to lawmakers that the attack “is a somber reminder of the threats elected officials and families face in 2022.”

Police in San Francisco said the assault of Paul Pelosi was intentional. Authorities said the suspect, identified as David DePape, 42, confronted Paul Pelosi in the family’s Pacific Heights home early Friday and, the AP has reported, demanded to know, “Where is Nancy?”

https://apnews.com/article/california-san-francisco-nancy-pelosi-government-and-politics-paul-ba57573b581adbc12d2741f801934fc8?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_06
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

^The man who literally made his living selling weed jewelry, was part of the green movement and somehow was stupid enough to let her husband go to the bathroom to call the cops? "Not extreme right" is an understatement. He isn't right wing in the first place. This is basically Jussie Smollet 2.0. Desperate pre-midterm ploy if there ever was one.
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
(10-30-2022, 11:37 PM)JasonBlack Wrote: ^The man who literally made his living selling weed jewelry, was part of the green movement and somehow was stupid enough to let her husband go to the bathroom to call the cops? "Not extreme right" is an understatement. He isn't right wing in the first place. This is basically Jussie Smollet 2.0. Desperate pre-midterm ploy if there ever was one.

No, this is a QAnon believer in full.  It's easy to believe diametrically opposed ideas under the spell of conspiracy theory as toxic as QAnon.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-31-2022, 01:48 PM)David Horn Wrote: No, this is a QAnon believer in full.  It's easy to believe diametrically opposed ideas under the spell of conspiracy theory as toxic as QAnon.
Then he's a far-left conspiracy weirdo, still doesn't make him far right given even the most cursory look into his pedigree, party affiliation (green party) and occupation....and this is assuming I even believe the story wasn't staged to begin with, which I don't.
ammosexual
reluctant millennial
(10-31-2022, 03:28 PM)JasonBlack Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 01:48 PM)David Horn Wrote: No, this is a QAnon believer in full.  It's easy to believe diametrically opposed ideas under the spell of conspiracy theory as toxic as QAnon.
Then he's a far-left conspiracy weirdo, still doesn't make him far right given even the most cursory look into his pedigree, party affiliation (green party) and occupation....and this is assuming I even believe the story wasn't staged to begin with, which I don't.

He is a far right wierdo. His posts prove this. He denied Trump lost the election, and believes QAnon BS. Both of those are right-wing. QAnon accuses Democrats of conducting child sex rings, and participated in the Jan.6th riots. DePAPE echoed the cries of the Jan.6 rioters, who said "where is Nancy?" He is as right-wing as it gets. And anyway I don't remember  Jussie Smollet.

The fact is that these conspiracy theories from the right wing are fueling political violence. The right wing is seeking to end our democracy and install Trump or his clone in as dictator. These Republicans intimidate election workers and threaten government officials who don't deny the 2020 election. They have intimidated all their Party members of the new congress into supporting their lies, and if and when Republicans are elected to any offices they will not certify election results unless they win. They excused their followers' attack on the capitol to stop the peaceful transfer of power after a free and fair election. The right-wing Republicans, which is almost all of them in their Party now, are criminals. I would say, whether they admit it or not, that DePape is their agent. This is as 4T as it gets and it is far from over.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-28-2022, 10:20 PM)JasonBlack Wrote:
(10-27-2022, 08:13 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 04:34 PM)JasonBlack Wrote: Okay, hold your horses. Let me break this down a bit before you decide I'm extremely biased haha 

One more thing. I don't think we have much of a center-right in this country these days.

For all our disagreements, we agree here. The US lacks a branch of the right which has any interest in rebuilding institutions. Their temperament is essentially that of a young 3T reactive. I keep telling them "the nexus of conservatism is the father. If you lack a movement of strong father figures, your movement will not win".

'Young 3T reactive'...So basically a Gen Xer in the 1990s? Rebellious, cynical, ready to party, had money to burn on all the hot new tech we were being advertised even back then that had not yet been commoditised?
(10-31-2022, 03:28 PM)JasonBlack Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 01:48 PM)David Horn Wrote: No, this is a QAnon believer in full.  It's easy to believe diametrically opposed ideas under the spell of conspiracy theory as toxic as QAnon.

Check again.  He's an equal opportunity wacknut.  I can't think of a more apropos target for QAnon brainwashing.  At the moment, he's fully Hyper-MAGA -- by his own admission.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(10-30-2022, 10:12 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: What will not win the Culture Wars:

WASHINGTON (AP) — The man accused of attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband carried zip ties with him when he broke into the couple’s San Francisco home, according to a person briefed on the investigation, in what is the latest parallel to the Capitol riot of Jan. 6, 2021.
The person was not authorized to publicly discuss the Pelosi case and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Sunday.

The attack on Democratic leader’s 82-year-old husband, Paul Pelosi, less than two weeks before before the Nov. 8 election that will determine control of Congress as well as key statewide and local offices, was an unsettling reminder of the nation’s toxic political climate. With threats to public officials at an all-time high, members of Congress were being urged to reach out for additional security resources, including increased police patrols of their neighborhoods.

U.S. Capitol Police Chief J. Thomas Manger said in a weekend memo to lawmakers that the attack “is a somber reminder of the threats elected officials and families face in 2022.”

Police in San Francisco said the assault of Paul Pelosi was intentional. Authorities said the suspect, identified as David DePape, 42, confronted Paul Pelosi in the family’s Pacific Heights home early Friday and, the AP has reported, demanded to know, “Where is Nancy?”

https://apnews.com/article/california-san-francisco-nancy-pelosi-government-and-politics-paul-ba57573b581adbc12d2741f801934fc8?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_06

Such behavior is on the ballot. Vote Democratic, or lose democracy. Vote Democratic, or excuse or tolerate or encourage or even legalize attacks on government officials and their families! Republicans right now do whatever Trump says. The Republican candidate for governor in Wisconsin even wants to repeal Wisconsin's electoral votes for 2020. The Republican candidate for governor in Arizona wants to invalidate any Democratic victory in any election.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-01-2022, 02:15 AM)nguyenivy Wrote: 'Young 3T reactive'...So basically a Gen Xer in the 1990s? Rebellious, cynical, ready to party, had money to burn on all the hot new tech we were being advertised even back then that had not yet been commoditised?
To clarify, we need some of this. Being a conservative male in the 2020s means you have to be willing to take a few beatings and be willing to be confrontational when necessary. This is especially true when the need arises to take back ground, rather than just defending what you ahve left. The problem is that such individuals have largely consumed our side. It's like if you had a tribe where 80% were warriors and only 20% were farmers. You have no sustenance, and your people will soon die of either starvation or engaging in too many unnecessary battles.

Being a man has a lot to do with measuring violence: focusing on building, stability and protection the majority of the time, but being willing and able to dish out extreme violence and destruction during that 3-10% of the time when the need arises (that number will vary depending on the world you live in. I'd argue for America and western Europe, that number is on the lower end. If you live in Chechnya, Sudan or Kashmir, it's probably on the higher end).
ammosexual
reluctant millennial

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life During the 1T of the Civil War Saeculum: "The Era of Good Feeling" JasonBlack 0 849 03-31-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  War & Military Turning & Generational Issues JDG 66 5 5,351 03-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: JDG 66
  The Civil War 4th turning Eric the Green 6 4,109 11-11-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Civil War 4T and this 4T Drakus79 26 21,213 11-08-2016, 01:16 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62