Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happened to the type face?
Suddenly the type is too big, and I can't report a spam post.

Back how it was, please. Thank you.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-13-2023, 09:15 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Suddenly the type is too big, and I can't report a spam post.

This is not an issue for the rest of us.  Perhaps you inadvertently changed the font size for this domain, and it only affects this forum.  Try holding the control key while rolling the mouse wheel.  This works for me, and I've done this myself, so I know it's a fixable problem.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
It is hard to read, and it can be confusing. We could use more non-spammer posters, but confusing formatting makes that nearly impossible.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-14-2023, 09:05 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-13-2023, 09:15 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Suddenly the type is too big, and I can't report a spam post.

This is not an issue for the rest of us.  Perhaps you inadvertently changed the font size for this domain, and it only affects this forum.  Try holding the control key while rolling the mouse wheel.  This works for me, and I've done this myself, so I know it's a fixable problem.

This only affects the font size. It appears the entire style of the forum was suddenly changed. Put it back how it was, please.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-15-2023, 02:38 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-14-2023, 09:05 AM)David Horn Wrote:

This only affects the font size. It appears the entire style of the forum was suddenly changed. Put it back how it was, please.

I have no idea how that happened for you.  I didn't happen for anyone else as far as I can tell.  I'll look further, but I can't think of anything that may contribute.

Here's a long shot: the User CP settings.  Find User CP at the top left, select it, then find Edit Options under Your Profile.  The Edit View Options are on the right, and typically have all the check boxes selected except the first one, and Default and Linear on the two pull down lists.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
I will try, but it's hard to follow your instructions. So far, nothing has changed, the style is all messed up.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I found my "profile" but don't see any link or button for "edit options" in this altered format

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Is this a new style imposed by the MyBB company? I see Mr. Brower made a comment about problems with this new style.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
There seems to be no link anywhere anymore to a "User CP"

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
This new style is horrible. No lines anywhere. Impossible to tell who said what. No access to User CP, edit options or any useable help file. "Search" only means search posts, not the site tools. I can't use this new style. Put it back how it was!

David, are you able to go to https://community.mybb.com/forum-176.html and find out what to do or who can help?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-23-2023, 03:33 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Is this a new style imposed by the MyBB company? I see Mr. Brower made a comment about problems with this new style.

My forum stylesheet never changed.  You might try accessing the forum with: http://generational-theory.com/forum/

That's my entry point.
(01-23-2023, 06:41 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-23-2023, 03:33 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Is this a new style imposed by the MyBB company? I see Mr. Brower made a comment about problems with this new style.

My forum stylesheet never changed.  You might try accessing the forum with: http://generational-theory.com/forum/

That's my entry point.

I also use that URL. I tried clearing my cache. No luck; just more inconvenience for me.

There no User control panel link or edit style link here at all!

This new style imposed upon us is horrible. Please tell the admin to restore the older style!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-25-2023, 01:57 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

That's my entry point.

I also use that URL. I tried clearing my cache. No luck; just more inconvenience for me.

This new style imposed upon us is horrible. Please tell the admin to restore the older style!

It may be google chrome.... I guess not. Only for writing does the old style re-appear using firefox. Not for reading what is posted.

On google chrome now a box appears to write in. But it disappears after posting.
I cleared my cache; which did nothing except reduce my convenience overall.
This new style sucks. Put it back how it was please.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-27-2023, 06:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-25-2023, 01:57 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

That's my entry point.

It may be google chrome.... I guess not. Only for writing does the old style re-appear using firefox. Not for reading what is posted.

On google chrome now a box appears to write in. But it disappears after posting.
I cleared my cache; which did nothing except reduce my convenience overall.
This new style sucks. Put it back how it was please.

I'm on the current version of Microsoft Edge for Windows 10.  I never had an issue.  I think you're right: it's a browser incompatibility issue that the forum can't fix.  I suspect the forum uses oldish code that some browsers no longer support.  I'm pretty certain that Chrome is a prime offender.
I doubt that, David. Firefox had the same issue.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Have you contacted the webmaster about this yet?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Eric Wrote:Have you contacted the webmaster about this yet?

This seems to be a compatibility issue with your browser and/or computer. I can't even reply directly to you anymore ... and you are the only one.
I will await your contact with the webmaster. There needs to be restoration of the lines between threads and forums, for one thing. And the places you recommended me going to to fix the problem are not here. As I said, I have two browsers and they both show the same defects. If it's my computer,speaking of "the only one," this is the only ruined website that I know of.

By all accounts, Windows 10 sucks. I am not interested in degrading to windows 10. Or to use microsoft edge. Tell your webmaster to upgrade the code.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Eric Wrote:I will await your contact with the webmaster. There needs to be restoration of the lines between threads and forums, for one thing. And the places you recommended me going to to fix the problem are not here. As I said, I have two browsers and they both show the same defects. If it's my computer,speaking of "the only one," this is the only ruined website that I know of.

By all accounts, Windows 10 sucks. I am not interested in degrading to windows 10. Or to use microsoft edge. Tell your webmaster to upgrade the code.

I'm not sure what you're using as an operating system or browser, but it's virtually certain that the upgrade you're requesting is what caused your problem. Nothing is permanently backward compatible, and this may be the point in time where you need to step up. I'm using Windows 10 and Edge. Both work really well and, more to the point, they are compatible with the forum. You may need to upgrade your operating system to the most recent version (or step back if an upgrade triggered the problem). In short, I can't fix your problem.
I know I am being a pest. I just don't think I can use this forum in this condition. It seems like you have never contacted the webmaster, either unable to unwilling to. Now you are saying I upgraded or changed something on mey end, but I did not. Suddenly the appearance changed, just recently. You say you can't fix my problem, but you haven't said that the webmaster said that. I know it's not my computer that is the problem because my phone shows the same problem. I may get an upgrade to my phone pretty soon, and I can check then.

I have not heard that windows 10 works well; it is a degrade rather than an upgrade. Microsoft browsers in the past were so heavy with ads and other requirements that it was unusable. I don't think I should risk it just to fix one forum website. When people tell me I am the only one who has a problem, it's virtually certain it's because I am the only one willing to speak up. I have asked you about making this forum more accessible and easier to use before, and I don't see that you have passed on my requests to the webmaster, or heard from him whether he can make those improvements. What is the use of having a forum that only Microsoft Edge and Windows 10 users can use? These two systems are very unpopular. Windows 10 was designed for phones. I set up the forum on facebook, and I recommend that everyone here use it.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M