Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pantheon
So has anyone else on this board heard about Pantheon?

It’s a database created by MIT which ranks people throughout history by how famous. (Don’t ask me what the criteria is.) If you care, the most famous person in all history is Muhammad. But you can also narrow down the listings based on things like gender, date of birth, country and profession. So, I thought that by plugging dates into the birth field, we could find out who the most famous member of each generation is.

So here we go:.

The most famous member of the Arthurian Generation is Leonardo Da Vinci.

The most famous member of the Humanist Generation is Magellan.

The most famous member of the Reformation Generation is Martin Luther

The most famous member of the Reprisal Generation is Elizabeth I. (I believe this is the only generation for which the most famous member is a woman.)

Then it takes a turn to the Sciences:
The most famous member of the Elizabethan generation is Galileo.

The most famous member of the Parliamentary generation is Kepler.

The most famous member of the Puritan generation is Descartes.

The most famous member of the Cavalier generation is Isaac Newton.

The most famous member of the Glorious generation is Peter the Great, of all people.

The most famous member of the Enlightenment  generation is Johan Bach.

The most famous member of the Awakening Generation Is Adam Smith

The most famous member of the Liberty Generation is Immanuel Kant

Now, it takes a turn towards music:
The most famous member of the Republican Generation is Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

The most famous member of the Compromise Generation is Ludwig Van Beethoven.

The most famous member of the Transcendental generation is Karl Marx.

The most famous member of the Gilded generation is Louis Pasteur. (That’s one that I wasn’t expecting.)

The most famous member of the Progressive Generation is Thomas Edison.

The most famous member of the Missionary Generation is Albert Einstein.

The most famous member of the Lost Generation is Adolf Hitler (That figures,)

On a more positive note, the most famous member of the GI generation is Nelson Mandela.

The most famous member of the Silent generation is Che Guevera.

Would you believe the most famous Boomer is Vladimir Putin?

The most famous member of Generation X is Elon Musk.

The most famous Millennial is Ronaldo Christiano. (He’s a Portuguese soccer player)

The most famous member of the Homeland generation is a member of the British Royal family, Prince George of Cambrige.

So there, you have it folksm  the most famous members of each generation.
It makes sense, except that (1) it is Johann Sebastian Bach, and (2) I would pick Queen Elizabeth II over Che Guevara. Obviously we all think Hitler evil, but if the Antichrist were to ever appear and do his evil he would go to the top too. Are we surprised that the best-known Roman emperors included Nero, Caligula, and Commodus? I'd rather have Joan Miro, George Gershwin, or Charles DeGaulle as the top influence of the Lost generation, but that would be wishful thinking. Hitler is so destructive that he forces himself upon us.

As Edison's inventions get supplanted, Freud might take over. It is nearly impossible to avoid the influence of Freud upon writing alone, let alone business management and the delicate art of commercial persuasion.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.