Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed Constitutional Amendments
Big Grin 
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/03/politics/f...ended_pool

I like #8: 

8. The Powerball presidency.

This one is pretty much the nineteenth-century version of "lol nothing matters." Lawmakers in 1846 argued that the president should be chosen not by the people or Electoral College, but by random lottery: They literally wanted to pick a ball out of a bucket.
(07-05-2016, 04:49 PM)Bad Dog Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/03/politics/f...ended_pool

I like #8: 

8. The Powerball presidency.

This one is pretty much the nineteenth-century version of "lol nothing matters." Lawmakers in 1846 argued that the president should be chosen not by the people or Electoral College, but by random lottery: They literally wanted to pick a ball out of a bucket.

Ah, the Athenian approach! Big Grin
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
Sounds better than this pos system we're currently stuck with
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
What about the failed attempts to propose a 28th Amendment? There was something about it on TV like 10 years ago. I remember seeing a commercial that said "Vote NO to the 28th Amendment" or something like that.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
The worst thing about amending our POS Constitution is the near impossibility of doing it. Amendments can happen if the issue is arcane, mundane and superfluous (Prohibition for instance), or following a traumatic event (the post ACW trio), but not much else passes. Women's suffrage maybe the example that breaks the rule, but gender equality never got near passing.

After 227 years and our journey through the Agricultural-Industrial-Industrial Age transition, we should have a contract totally unrecognizable from the original ... which we obviously don't.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Senate Passes Constitutional Ban On Legal Marijuana random3 0 519 02-09-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: random3
  Gabbard Denounces AG Sessions’ Escalation of Failed War on Drugs nebraska 0 1,185 01-23-2018, 02:20 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Government at all levels failed Flint, Michigan nebraska 0 713 01-10-2018, 07:44 PM
Last Post: nebraska