Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do some users get banned?
I noticed that the Board Statistics at the bottom of the main page says that Maintenance is the newest member (as of today), yet the Member List says that user is banned. Why do some users get banned from this forum, and why are they still included in the Board Statistics?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
—Thomas Paine, Common Sense (1776)

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes."
—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
Everyone banned thus far has been a spamer. we get a few a week.
Do you delete the spam posts on the forum? I haven't seen anything so I assume they must have been deleted.

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
So far there are 55 members that actually made posts and 76 members that aren't banned. Shouldn't only the ones that aren't banned count?

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(07-28-2016, 01:03 AM)MillsT_98 Wrote: Do you delete the spam posts on the forum? I haven't seen anything so I assume they must have been deleted.

Many of them don't post they just post spam in their profiles to improve the search rankings, but yes I can ban them and delete all their posts with a single click.
If you delete their profiles, then why do they still count in the number of members?

—Mark Twain

'98 Millennial
(07-29-2016, 05:12 PM)MillsT_98 Wrote: If you delete their profiles, then why do they still count in the number of members?

That's the way the software is written and it's not worth changing.
Why do members get banned? Because they're a$$holes! LOL
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
(01-13-2022, 03:18 PM)Anthony Wrote: Why do members get banned?  Because they're a$$holes! LOL

I hope that's always the case, though a few I've banned might have been productive members but chose to be a$$holes anyway.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.