Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drug legalization
I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana. In my opinion, we would be better off to make all drugs legal and treat them in the same we we do alcohol use.
Put the drug cartels out of business, tax the drugs and use funds  on education to discourage use and to treat the drug addicts.

Quote:https://barna.org/research/culture-media...6M6jJMrLEZ
… “In one of Barna’s previous studies in 2014, it was found that 58 percent of adults believed marijuana should be made legal in the U.S.”…
 … whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Phil 4:8 (ESV)
Interesting. Someone else who has come round to my way of thinking on this issue. In large part I support the legalization of drugs on two grounds:

1. Legalization means that those markets can be regulated and taxed.

2. Addiction is a medial problem not a criminal problem. All the criminal problems associated with addiction to drugs can be traced back to the fact that they are prohibited and not to the drugs themselves. Were this not the case we should expect the entire population of Portugal (which merely decriminalized possession and use of narcotics) to be cowering in terror from criminal activity when not themselves completely strung out on drugs. Neither of which is true--in fact treatment for addiction increased and use and initiation of use decreased.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(08-04-2016, 09:03 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Interesting.  Someone else who has come round to my way of thinking on this issue.  In large part I support the legalization of drugs on two grounds:

1.  Legalization means that those markets can be regulated and taxed.

2.  Addiction is a medial problem not a criminal problem.  All the criminal problems associated with addiction to drugs can be traced back to the fact that they are prohibited and not to the drugs themselves.  Were this not the case we should expect the entire population of Portugal (which merely decriminalized possession and use of narcotics) to be cowering in terror from criminal activity when not themselves completely strung out on drugs.  Neither of which is true--in fact treatment for addiction increased and use and initiation of use decreased.
Portugal is a good example to emulate.
 … whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Phil 4:8 (ESV)
Portugal is a good start. That said if the end goal is rip the narcotics market away from the Lumpenaristocracy (mafias, drugs cartels and so on) then the easiest way is to legalize, regulate and tax the narcotics in question. After all outside of the few dry counties that remain in the US bootleggers are nonexistent.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(08-04-2016, 08:41 AM)radind Wrote: I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana. In my opinion, we would be better off to make all drugs legal and treat them in the same we we do alcohol use.
Put the drug cartels out of business, tax the drugs and use funds on education to discourage use and to treat the drug addicts.
I agree. I guess kinser will have to look at the broken clock and say it coincides with my views right now.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(08-05-2016, 12:55 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(08-04-2016, 08:41 AM)radind Wrote: I am in favor of the legalization of marijuana. In my opinion, we would be better off to make all drugs legal and treat them in the same we we do alcohol use.
Put the drug cartels out of business, tax the drugs and use funds on education to discourage use and to treat the drug addicts.
I agree. I guess kinser will have to look at the broken clock and say it coincides with my views right now.

As ever our agreements are coincidental, much like the time of day and the time a broken clock displays.  It has been this way since the beginning Eric.  There is no evidence for it changing baring me suddenly losing my sanity--you after all can't lose yours (seeing as you have to have something before you could lose it).

Put the drug cartels out of business, tax the drugs and use funds  on education to discourage use and to treat the drug addicts.

Quote:https://barna.org/research/culture-media...6M6jJMrLEZ
… “In one of Barna’s previous studies in 2014, it was found that 58 percent of adults believed marijuana should be made legal in the U.S.”…

I am in support of marijuana legalization, too. And some states have already done it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legalization of same-sex marriage pbrower2a 4 4,027 05-03-2018, 04:17 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a