Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Mid East tumult come to an end with the 4T?
Rags is not an anarchist; he's an isolationist. Different animal Wink
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Odin Wrote:Eastern European countries were begging to get in NATO. Rolleyes

So does that mean the US government should break promises made?  If so, then meh, that would be nothing new here.  The US government has been breaking treaties with us Native Americans since pretty much the get go. Tongue

Quote:"Banana Republic with nukes"? "Only produces consumption"? Seriously??? Quit being ridiculous Rags. The US still has one of the largest manufacturing outputs in the world.

Hmmm... a slight bit of hyperbole seems to have caused a mess. Big Grin 

The term, "banana republic" is also correct

wiki Wrote:Modern interpretations
[Image: 220px-Banana_Republic_of_Slovenia_graffiti.jpg]

Graffiti implying banana republic in Slovenia.
Countries[17] that obtained independence from colonial powers in the 20th and 21st centuries have at times thereafter tended to share traits of banana republics due to influence of large private corporations in their politics, for example; Maldives (resort companies),[18] Chile (foreign mining companies)[citation needed] and the Philippines (tobacco industry,
American government and corporations, and the Chinese government).[19][20]
On 14 May 1986 then Australian Treasurer Paul Keating stated that Australia might become a banana republic.[21] This has received a lot of commentary/criticism[22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30] and is seen as part of a turning point in Australia's political and economic history.[31]

[Image: 58318831_155x155.png] Cool

"Produces consumption".   Yes, dear Odin, that's the US's main purpose in the world economy.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/upshot...again.html

Now, this wouldn't be a problem if we had QE for the people.  Every December, I think we all deserve a trade deficit dividend.  Every US citizen gets a per capita cut of said deficit.  The trade deficit doesn't matter! In fact, Rags would like to see Yuuuge trade deficits. You want to know why?  It's easy.  The US trades digital green pieces of paper for stuff like Ishits, coconuts, copper, etc.  And... the larger the deficit, the less work we have to do.  That makes it awesome.
---Value Added Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Might quantitative society end up the theme of the next High? nguyenivy 2 1,732 05-20-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a