Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New California declares 'independence' from California in bid to become 51st state
New California declares 'independence' from California in bid to become 51st state

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...036681001/
They can't have San Jose!

CA is NOW governable for the first time, since it became a one-party state. Republicans cannot govern.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Both liberals and conservatives support endless wars, debt, and tyranny. What's the difference?
(01-17-2018, 07:35 PM)nebraska Wrote: Both liberals and conservatives support endless wars, debt, and tyranny. What's the difference?

Competence, though your premise is more than a bit off to be honest.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-18-2018, 02:58 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-17-2018, 07:35 PM)nebraska Wrote: Both liberals and conservatives support endless wars, debt, and tyranny. What's the difference?

Competence, though your premise is more than a bit off to be honest.

Any extreme partisan is apt to have a derogatory (vile) stereotype of how and why an opposing group acts.

While those who believe in one culture forcing change on another will try to ridicule and block California splitting in two, the idea has its merits.  Rural and urban areas should have different governments.  California is one place that this might be achieved.  The partition is not irrational.

I note that the US Constitution speaks of legislative approval.  Referendums under California's laws do not fit.  One wonders...
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
I expect to see trade wars, foreign policy disasters, a few race riots, a decrease in personal liberty, higher taxes, higher inflation and probably, economic collapse. The silver lining is, secession will probably become more feasible.

http://f2bbs.com/bbs
(01-18-2018, 08:04 PM)nebraska Wrote: I expect to see trade wars, foreign policy disasters, a few race riots, a decrease in personal liberty, higher taxes, higher inflation and probably, economic collapse. The silver lining is, secession will probably become more feasible.

I sort of expect most of the above too.  Thing is, most extreme partisans expect following the policies of their opposites results in the above disasters. By the nature of extreme partisanship, it is just about inevitable.  I don't expect the disasters will slow before a crisis sized regeneracy puts one group in unquestionable charge, before one culture becomes truly dominant, and then one set of solutions works.

I see a see saw. I anticipate we will continue to see each culture blaming the other until a full regeneracy is reached. Some variation of civil war is possible, but would be difficult so long as each culture can see the other messing up, the see saw continuing, resulting in their party becoming dominant.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
The future looks grim.

The government has been taken over by the elites. There is no stopping tyranny now. The 1% will go all the way to start a civil war and launch WWIII while bankrupting and enslaving the whole world.

Americans are stupid cowards and deserve everything coming to them.

Here's what to expect:

Americans will be forced to get a national ID card, passports will be revoked, and domestic travel permits will be required.

Every American will be required to submit a DNA sample, give fingerprints, get microchip implants, and be registered in a facial scan database.

Internet filters will first be required on all computers, mobile phones will be banned, and then the Internet will be shut down.

Free speech and protests will be illegal.

Reporters will be arrested.

Government loudspeakers will be installed on street corners to broadcast propaganda.

Newspapers, magazines, and TV and radio stations will be closed.

Churches will be closed.

Books will be burned.

All guns will be required to be registered and then banned.

Wiretapping will increase.

Neighborhood watch groups will be set up, undercover police will be everywhere, and warrantless home searches will become routine.

Taxes will be raised.

Cash will be banned, there will be negative interest rates, bank fees, bail-ins, capital controls, and gold will be outlawed.
Private property will be banned.

Torture and extra-judicial assassinations will become routine. Government drones and robots will patrol everywhere.

Lawyers will be arrested.

Elections will be canceled, juries will be banned, courts will have show trials, and congress will be eliminated.

Americans will be required to wear uniforms and attend study sessions.

Concentration camps will be opened and Americans will be starved and killed.

The US will look like North Korea does today.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/no...-1.1618141

Since everything was illegal in the Soviet Union, Russians just gave up and the USSR collapsed.

Those who fail to learn history will be doomed to repeat it.
A lot of extreme partisans contribute to the forum.  They all have vile stereotypes, bad mistakes on motivations of rivals, prophecies which will never come true, predicting various forms of hypothetical doom.   Post #8 on this thread is no exception to the trend.  It does not break the pattern.

The dominant worldviews / values / cultures are the red and blue.  I do not anticipate either becoming the dominant culture before learning to respect the other and let go of the idea of forcing the other to change.  Other cultures are wrinkles off the major two.  The blue pattern is more likely to open its doors to change.  It is the most likely 'winner'.  Still, the Democrats seem more interested in pushing their agenda than listening.  The hypothetical regeneracy may not be near.  I do not see reality as clockwork.  I do not see any cycle as inevitable.
Americans are not looking at the big picture.

The elites want to first kill off white men through taxes, regulations, feminism, immorality, homosexuality, alcoholism, drugs, STD's, and suicides and then send the weak liberal females, blacks, illegal immigrants, Muslims, Asians, and homosexuals to the gulags where they will be starved and killed.

Know your real enemy.
You give no reason to learn yours.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...lic-unive/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 elections: House, Senate, State governorships pbrower2a 13 3,849 04-28-2021, 04:55 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is Connecticut the Best State to Live In? pbrower2a 40 33,362 04-02-2021, 10:30 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  California to ban all new gas-powered cars by 2035 under order from Gov. Gavin Newsom girlmonday 18 4,189 03-08-2021, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  California governor shuts churches, businesses as COVID-19 cases surge newvoter 2 1,334 03-03-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: March3
  Trump declares emergency to expedite arms sales to Saudi Arabia and UAE Tech2 4 1,863 03-03-2021, 08:27 PM
Last Post: March3
  Mississippi governor extends mask mandate for most of state newvoter 0 721 03-03-2021, 07:06 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  Washington state introduces bill to increase state gas tax random3 0 719 02-19-2021, 03:36 AM
Last Post: random3
  State Police will escape legislative scrutiny in 2021 budget process random3 0 658 02-17-2021, 09:55 PM
  Lawmaker files bill to reinstate long-abolished death penalty in state random3 2 840 02-12-2021, 08:01 PM
  Mississippi governor extends mask mandate for most of state random3 2 982 02-12-2021, 07:36 AM