Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Change To Unique Hits To Threads?
I noticed thread views are not using unique IP hits.  Would it not be better to only count unique hits?  Any users could inflate views to threads by simply spam-clicking.  I don't think it would be that hard.  It would also give an honest account of viewership.

a suggestion At
Spam and insult threads should be removed from the statistics or accounted for separately. I, an inveterate stoolie about spam threads and someone who has gotten some of the worst insults, might have the largest number of introduced threads (101 at this point) by far (some have no responses, but post enough threads and you will create some threads that effectively are read but not responded to).
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(06-05-2018, 06:14 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Spam and insult threads should be removed from the statistics or accounted for separately. I, an inveterate stoolie about spam threads and someone who has gotten some of the worst insults, might have the largest number of introduced threads (101 at this point) by far (some have no responses, but post enough threads and you will create some threads that effectively are read but not responded to).

I just meant wouldn't be more accurate if IPs were accounted-for so the same people are not being interpreted as "hitting" the content like new users/new hits.  I don't know what what has to do with SPAM?  Or insults.  It was just a suggestion.  With respect, always Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change username Bill the Piper 1 2,947 11-26-2018, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Bill the Piper