Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Local GOP office in North Carolina firebombed
Local GOP office in North Carolina firebombed
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

I saw this and immediately thought:

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVXNOntcuNrVXnILQ6cdr...d4Jz0drjp4]

Conservatives, to my mind, are collectively the little boy who cried wolf. Actually, this could very well have been some Black Bloc moron, but I could totally buy it as a desperate false flag to gin up falling early returns for Republicans in North Carolina.
(10-16-2016, 06:42 PM)taramarie Wrote: Local GOP office in North Carolina firebombed

As usual, while the left likes to talk about how violent the right - especially in the person of Trump - is, it's actually the left which uses violence the most.
Funny you should mention that, old man.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/three-...le/2604609

Quote: Three men were arrested and charged on Friday in connection with a bomb plot aimed at a Somali refugee community in western Kansas.

Curtis Allen, 49; Gavin Wright, 51; and Patrick Stein have been charged with domestic terrorism, according to acting U.S. Attorney General Tom Beall. The trio of Caucasian men had been planning to bomb an apartment complex and mosque in Garden City, where an estimated 120 Somali refugees live.

The men, who deemed themselves the "Crusaders" in a manifesto investigators uncovered during a raid, had planned to carry out the attack on Nov. 9, the day following Election Day. The group had been stockpiling firearms and ammunition, and had planned to park vehicles packed full of explosives at the four corners of the Garden City apartment complex.

... You were saying?
It is something I just do not see here in NZ but I think the difference is culturally we are progressive majority and it is not politically one sided.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-16-2016, 07:03 PM)taramarie Wrote: It is something I just do not see here in NZ but I think the difference is culturally we are progressive majority and it is not politically one sided.

You mean that it is politically one sided there?
Care to respond to my posts, Warn?
(10-16-2016, 07:32 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(10-16-2016, 07:03 PM)taramarie Wrote: It is something I just do not see here in NZ but I think the difference is culturally we are progressive majority and it is not politically one sided.

You mean that it is politically one sided there?

I should have been clearer. Sorry. Here we are economically divided but culturally not. I see America as placing culture within politics and there  it is divided. Conservatives right wing, and progressives left wing if i am not mistaken. Here it is not so. Left, right and in-between we are culturally progressive by comparison. You would be surprised I imagine. I find politics in America strange and they are so divided over there these childish violent attacks on both sides tend to happen.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Hahaha

https://www.gofundme.com/reopen-a-nc-rep...764e065f4f

Quote:
On October 16, a North Carolina headquarters of the Republican Party was firebombed , and an abhorrent threat was painted on its outside wall

As Democrats, we are starting this campaign to enable the Orange County, North Carolina Republican office to re-open as soon as possible.

Until an investigation is undertaken, we cannot know who did this or why. No matter the result, this is not how Americans resolve their differences. We talk, we argue, sometimes we march, and most of all we vote. We do not resort to violence by individuals or by mobs.

So, let's all pitch in , no matter what your party affiliation, in and get that office open again quickly.
Help spread the word!

They met their goal in one minute.

Democrats are better people than a far-leftist like I am. My inclination would have been to let the bastards eat it, optics be damned.
I do not like what they stand for politically from what I have seen (I have read what each party stands for on an official website) as well as a comparison of what each candidate running for president stands for this year. But I am pleased that dems are doing the right thing by that go fund me campaign. What the fire-bombers did was wrong. That is how terrorists "resolve" issues and Americans should be better than stooping so low. Hah what am I saying. That is not what I have seen of late. But hell I do at least expect more from one of our super powers that likes to think it runs on the message of freedom and justice for all. From what I have seen it is not "for all." One side wants to take away rights or keep it away from certain folk (on the whole) and the other wants to include everyone but the other cries its long held rights (of discriminating) are being taken away. Meanwhile destruction or attacks due to prejudice continue. I wonder how little ones today see older folk? I wonder how they feel about all of this behaviour? I hope they rebel. To me it is like stepping back in time in a lot of ways.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Dollars to doughnuts they bombed their own headquarters, taramarie

You may not know much about the intricacies of our political system, but one of Dump's chief political advisers this year is Roger Stone. Stone is an OG Nixonite who, along with other criminals like Pat Buchanan and Karl Rove, pioneered the use of Republican dirty electioneering, for example placing a false letter to the editor in a Maine newspaper accusing their Senator Muskie of insulting the state's French-Canadian population.

This is the Reichstag fire for retards.
(10-16-2016, 09:56 PM)Einzige Wrote: Dollars to doughnuts they bombed their own headquarters, taramarie

You may not know much about the intricacies of our political system, but one of Dump's chief political advisers this year is Roger Stone. Stone is an OG Nixonite who, along with other criminals like Pat Buchanan and Karl Rove, pioneered the use of Republican dirty electioneering, for example placing a false letter to the editor in a Maine newspaper accusing their Senator Muskie of insulting the state's French-Canadian population.

This is the Reichstag fire for retards.

No one knows who bombed the GOP headquarters. It could be anyone who does not like Trump and his supporters. I remain reserved on who did it. But I do despise extremist behaviour and I am seeing a lot of that extremist behaviour on both sides. I agree with lefties on most things. But I certainly do not applaud destructive behaviour such as a fire bombing. Politicians are destructive enough without them.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-16-2016, 09:56 PM)Einzige Wrote: Dollars to doughnuts they bombed their own headquarters, taramarie

Just so you know, I don't usually eat donuts, but I bought one this morning for the first time in many years.

$1.13 after tax. 

We may have to adjust that saying for inflation.
wow donuts are cheap there
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(10-16-2016, 07:34 PM)Einzige Wrote: Care to respond to my posts, Warn?

Since you ask:

(1)  Being prevented from a fire bombing is different from actually managing to carry one out.  In today's America, lots more people are arrested after being prevented from a bombing than actually succeed at a bombing.  And, it's just indicative of a broader trend, with lots of Trump supporters being beaten up trying to get to or leave after a Trump rally, but with only a few Trump supporters beating up others.

(2)  I agree there's a chance it's a false flag operation.  I disagree that's the most likely explanation.
That's quite the morally relativistic position to take, coming from a conservative - "they didn't actually do it, so it isn't as bad!"

No, they didn't. They were stopped before they could. But, unlike whoever bombed the Pug headquarters in North Carolina (which was conveniently empty at the time), these "Crusader" fascists intended to kill, and to kill hundreds. You might consider it the ex post facto abortion of a hundred and twenty souls.

I have absolutely no pity for the Trumptards who meet the business end of a mob, given their habit of physically ejecting peaceful protesters from their Nuremberg rallies to protect their safe spaces.

Not that it matters anyway, because 5:1 has it this was a false flag, inspired by the insipid plan by Nixon's Plumbers to firebomb the Brookings Institution.
I'm less concerned with impressions of which fragment of the spiral of violence is more threatening than the state of the spiral over all.  It takes two to spiral.  Both sides have to have a notion that the best way to stop the other side's violence is to intimidate them with one's own violence.

Trump is pushing the idea that the election is rigged.  That is more my concern than either of these two specific incidents.  He's trying to delegitimize the US Government.  I'll be watching how things flow after the election.
(10-17-2016, 05:34 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I'm less concerned with impressions of which fragment of the spiral of violence is more threatening than the state of the spiral over all.  It takes two to spiral.  Both sides have to have a notion that the best way to stop the other side's violence is to intimidate them with one's own violence.

Trump is pushing the idea that the election is rigged.  That is more my concern than either of these two specific incidents.  He's trying to delegitimize the US Government.  I'll be watching how things flow after the election.

Donald Trump is not the only one seeking to question the legitimacy of the US government and the economic structure. Some people want absolute economic power for themselves. They see resistance in the big cities, where the landlord-tenant strife causes many people who would have been conservatives in decades past are on the Left. Face it: if you have to pay New York or San Francisco rents for a tiny apartment you see someone making easy money that you have struggled mightily to get.

Liberals have been scrupulous in avoiding violence and intimidation. The Right has been delighted at the least to suggest that retribution faces anyone who has even shown the slightest challenge to faith, guns, and plutocracy.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Democrats have raised $13K to repair the damaged headquarters... which tells you what mainstream Democrats think of terrorist acts.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(10-17-2016, 05:34 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I'm less concerned with impressions of which fragment of the spiral of violence is more threatening than the state of the spiral over all.  It takes two to spiral.  Both sides have to have a notion that the best way to stop the other side's violence is to intimidate them with one's own violence.

Isn't this what we expect for a generational crisis?

Quote:Trump is pushing the idea that the election is rigged.  That is more my concern than either of these two specific incidents.  He's trying to delegitimize the US Government.  I'll be watching how things flow after the election.

I think everyone realizes Trump is just setting up an excuse if he loses.  Not that the elections aren't rigged - the recent news items on thousands of dead people voting shows that they are - but they aren't specifically rigged against Trump.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Local vs national response to the pandemic sbarrera 2 155 03-18-2020, 12:43 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Ex-GOP Lawmaker: Trump Is “Illegitimate President,” Should Be Impeached mily 21 1,841 12-09-2019, 11:36 PM
Last Post: married1959
  Trump clears way for local police to obtain military gear nebraska 0 374 01-23-2018, 02:22 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  North Carolina is no longer classified as a democracy nebraska 0 402 01-03-2018, 10:41 PM
  Trump Just Made War With Iran and North Korea More Likely Than Ever nebraska 0 355 01-03-2018, 08:24 PM
  GOP Far From United naf140230 0 911 01-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Last Post: naf140230
  The GOP Has Been HIJACKED! Anthony '58 217 71,014 10-14-2016, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  But What If Trump is the GOP's Iturbide? Anthony '58 5 2,012 10-08-2016, 10:51 AM
  Nuclear War with North Korea? Eric the Green 2 1,245 09-10-2016, 01:08 PM
  GOP Fails To Unify naf140230 23 8,581 07-28-2016, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Classic-Xer