Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
War Kills Thousands Vs. Inane Ramblings @ 3am
I've been sickened to the core at Ws unlikely resurrection from the most-hated president to love-in member knighted exclusively by the Obamas at McCain's funeral.

No one is outraged.  No one cares.  No one remembers? 

The current president has foment no war, ordered no killing on the war front.  Yet, we immediately term this as "worse" and gloss over this contrast as if  never existed and never lied to EVERYONE with racism that actually ended in genocide in the Arabian Peninsula. 

Did W tell us "Ayrabs hate us because we are free and that's why they knocked down the WTC"? 

Did this happen or not?  I see no one acknowledging it.

The lie in bold above is the PLATFORM and FOUNDATION probably of all future wars America will be involved in - in the near future at least.  W helped lay the foundation (with the patriot act) that would allow the current maniac and anyone else in power to wage war with much greater ease than any before. 

The fact the public consciousness has sort of skipped over W by branding current the "worst" causes my gut to flip over.  Let's be real.

I am NOT baiting.  This is a serious issue we need to ask if we are prognosticating with current events.  If we are truly just erasing things in the past and glossing over things like this in the present, we have no frakking hope at all.  People in this forum I have a higher respect for that IF someone is in here, they understand the concepts of a saeculum.  If they can do that, they can think on the level this thread requires.  This is SO important.  If powermongers can do their evil and be forgotten or exonerated in less than 2 decades, we are frakking doomed.  It is like Scully said to Mulder "they just scatter back into the woodpile".  And unfortunately, this has also revealed a different terrible truth that the "woodpile" has a blue sign on it and a red sign.  No one is exempt.  If the Obamas really have such a fervor against W and the evil he helped perpetrate, they would not be holding hands and passing the pipe and doing Free-Love with the enemy.

I'm serious, this event really shocked me.  I can't believe no one else sees it.
Today's outrage is so extreme that yesterday's outrage looks almost benign. That's one of the primary reasons we lean on the historians for judgment and context. Nothing is crystal clear in the context of current events (and W is still a current event, more or less). I suspect that when he's dead, his legacy will be less lofty than it is at this bizarre point in time, as will the entire neocon enterprise. We've mostly forgotten about the Project for a New American Century, but historians won't miss it.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(09-07-2018, 08:36 AM)David Horn Wrote: Today's outrage is so extreme that yesterday's outrage looks almost benign.  That's one of the primary reasons we lean on the historians for judgment and context.  Nothing is crystal clear in the context of current events (and W is still a current event, more or less).  I suspect that when he's dead, his legacy will be less lofty than it is at this bizarre point in time, as will the entire neocon enterprise.  We've mostly forgotten about the Project for a New American Century, but historians won't miss it.

I agree with historians there will be a measured hand.  But my deal is W got a total reboot into eyes of even the same people he screwed over not a decade earlier...... and by possibly the ONLY people on earth who could do that: The Obamas. 

My deal is with the Obamas.  Barack Obama lost a lost of credibility with me.  While I get this was a "social" event and people can't be at a funeral with dagger stares, it seemed too charming for me.  While it is obvious I have great contempt for the current president, I simultaneously think it was 1) distasteful 2) hypocrisy 3) WEAK for Obamas to offer W a total instant makeover to ANYONE watching that funeral.  Of anyone, the Obamas know the intricacies of appearance and what things look like and their entire lives being scrutinized for what they do, who they are with, what they stand behind, etc.

I did not watch any of it.  I only saw the clip after reading the story.  I think anyone reading this knows what I mean.  W has been out of the light for a long time.  It seems like he faded away with Obama........ and 8 years passed with him hiding while letting his image come back to something worthwhile... and in a concerted effort to throw everything from 2000 to 2008 onto Cheney instead (making Cheney Darth Vader and W was just a stupid padawan seduced by the Dark Side) ......... and then  now, W comes out of the shadows and we see him basically making nice with the Obamas?  It sickened me.

PNAC won't be forgotten but I feel like it will all be dumped on Cheney to wash the Bush name clean in the end.  It always confounded me that Papi Bush was so heartbroken how America rejected his W and he could never understand it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  America at War With Itself Eric the Green 7 6,568 01-15-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is there anything you'd be willing to fight a war for? JasonBlack 84 9,928 11-19-2022, 08:42 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a