Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there ever a 'buffer' between saecula?
Like some stretch of time after a 4T is over but before the 1T begins? Or do they usually overlap/run into each other? I imagine after WW2 & the US Civil War / other 4Ts in the past there must've been some stretch of 'now what' / 'where do we begin?' period where recovery was in planning stages but hadn't yet began like the time after a big hurricane passes but before damage is assessed & clean-up/rebuild begins. Perhaps the experience plays out differently for the 'winners' vs 'losers'.
(02-27-2022, 04:11 AM)nguyenivy Wrote: Like some stretch of time after a 4T is over but before the 1T begins? Or do they usually overlap/run into each other? I imagine after WW2 & the US Civil War / other 4Ts in the past there must've been some stretch of 'now what' / 'where do we begin?' period where recovery was in planning stages but hadn't yet began like the time after a big hurricane passes but before damage is assessed & clean-up/rebuild begins. Perhaps the experience plays out differently for the 'winners' vs 'losers'.

I think so. Recovery periods are still called 1T. Left-over embroilments continue like aftershocks for a while. For losers, 1Ts are a recovery period at best. It could also mean no real 1T happens, unless like Europe after world war 2 foreigners assist in recovery. Our 1T may not happen, because if we fail to act on climate change during this 4T, disaster will just increase from then on, and it will be too late to avoid hothouse Earth. Changes and reforms cannot happen once the 4T is over. The saeculum will be over, and we will only experience continual decline and disaster. To really enter a "high" there must be a victory preceeding it. And the victory must be made by the progressive side, or it is a defeat. In our case, if Trump wins in 2024 and stays in power for a term, our nation, our saeculum and our world's civilization will end.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M