Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Voted Today.
How many of us have? Smile
I voted for Trump and straight Republican down ticket.
I wrote in Bernie Sanders, if I had to do it over I would have written in Tim Kaine. Clinton won, but not by the margin I expected.

I voted Green for both governor and U.S. House. The Democrats won both, but again not by the margin I expected.

I wrote myself in for both state senate and state house. The House incumbent ran unopposed. The Senate incumbent lost by about 200 votes to a 32-year-old.
I too wrote in sanders for president.
(11-08-2016, 11:56 PM)Cynic Hero 86 Wrote: I too wrote in sanders for president.

My goodness I didn't expect that!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-08-2016, 06:29 PM)Danilynn Wrote: I voted for Trump and straight Republican down ticket.

Now THAT doesn't surprise me Smile

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(11-08-2016, 06:29 PM)Danilynn Wrote: I voted for Trump and straight Republican down ticket.

I voted Trump.  This being Massachusetts, there were no Republicans down ticket, only Democrats.
I may have given my last meaningful vote on an absentee ballot.

No, I do not have a terminal diagnosis. I expect Donald Trump to consolidate dictatorial power for himself and alter American political practices so that Democrats have no chance except as a controlled, marginalized party much like the minor parties in the old East Germany or in the contemporary People's Republic of China.

May the new fascist America die before I do!
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

For the first time in thirty-two years I voted for a major party candidate simply because I consider Hillary to be pure molten evil and it seems like a good idea to avoid war with Russia.  One Cold War in my life is more than enough.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(11-09-2016, 03:21 AM)Galen Wrote:

For the first time in thirty-two years I voted for a major party candidate simply because I consider Hillary to be pure molten evil and it seems like a good idea to avoid war with Russia.  One Cold War in my life is more than enough.

You underestimate how evil Donald Trump is. To be a purer sociopath one would have to be a serial or mass killer.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Do I need to start watching FoX News Channel to get cues on what to believe and do in the Capitalist Reich of America?

(11-09-2016, 04:39 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 04:27 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Do I need to start watching FoX News Channel to get cues on what to believe and do in the Capitalist Reich of America?

Ew hell no. America's brain seems warped enough thanks to biased media. I think people underestimate its influence. I hear many parrot what the media tells them to think. Programmed robots for power to the wealthy.

I don't pay much attention to the mainstream media.  They only give me insight into the worldview I am supposed to have which is useful in understanding why most people do what they do.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Same here except for Senate. I still hate Little Marco so I voted Libertarian there because the Democrat is a crook.

ETA: I voted in the early voting so it wasn't on Tuesday as I was busy being a poll watcher.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(11-09-2016, 04:25 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:

Same here except for Senate.  I still hate Little Marco so I voted Libertarian there because the Democrat is a crook.

ETA:  I voted in the early voting so it wasn't on Tuesday as I was busy being a poll watcher.

I don't like Rubio either. he just feels slimy.
Little Marco has the same problem Ted Cruz has. He looks and acts like a used car salesman. Patrick Murphy is a crook, so I voted for the unknown LP candidate. Mostly so I could vote for Rubio without actually voting for Rubio.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(11-09-2016, 05:06 PM)Danilynn Wrote:

Same here except for Senate.  I still hate Little Marco so I voted Libertarian there because the Democrat is a crook.

ETA:  I voted in the early voting so it wasn't on Tuesday as I was busy being a poll watcher.

Hard to argue with that.

(11-10-2016, 03:46 AM)Galen Wrote:

Hard to argue with that.

Make it four, though I didn't vote in Florida.
(11-10-2016, 10:25 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 03:46 AM)Galen Wrote:

Hard to argue with that.

Make it four, though I didn't vote in Florida.

Make that five, ha ha.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I don't think you're in the "for Trump against Rubio" count, though.
(11-11-2016, 03:30 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: I don't think you're in the "for Trump against Rubio" count, though.

Nope. All Republicans are pretty slimy, although I think that particular adjective fits Mr. Rubio well. There are other adjectives for the others.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The USA Today editorial board calls for Copmala Harris to oversee police reform Einzige 0 740 04-17-2021, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Einzige
  Today in American capitalism Einzige 1 787 11-20-2020, 12:32 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
Shocked The New Politiics -- what it means today and in the future. David Horn 29 8,113 12-29-2019, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Today’s Mainstream Conservatives Only Serve The Globalist Establishment nebraska 0 879 12-27-2017, 07:37 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Why One Baby Buster Voted For Donald Trump Anthony '58 43 25,986 01-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green