Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But Does It Get Even WORSE From Here For Dems?
As the map below shows, the Democrats will have to defend Senate seats in nine states that Trump won on Tuesday in 2018, while the Republicans will have to defend only one seat in a state that Hillary won (Nevada).
If all ten of these Senate races repeat the same partisan outcomes from 2016 - and remember that mid-term elections tend to be more Republican-friendly than Presidential elections - the Republicans will have a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate.

Then they go full retard - and the income tax gets replaced with a national sales tax, EMTALA gets repealed, and so on.

[Image: United_States_Senate_elections%2C_2018.png]
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
That's true enough. If Trump is still popular in 2018, the last 2 years will be a triple nightmare. I think a depression will be likely. I cling to the hope that Trump will be unpopular by 2020, and we will still have the right to protest and vote. We can't count on it.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Would be nice, but mid terms tend to go against the presidential party, not necessarily in favor of Republicans.  Given the map Republicans may make gains, but they'll only compensate for the losses this year.
(11-10-2016, 03:48 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Would be nice, but mid turns tend to go against the presidential party, not necessarily in favor of Republicans.  Given the map Republicans may make gains, but they'll only compensate for the losses this year.

Democrats have few chances for Senate pickups and plenty of opportunities for loss. Considering that the Right would like 2/3 majorities in both Houses of Congress, they will do everything possible to get them so that they can destroy whatever remains of American democracy.

Liberalism is dead in the Capitalist Reich.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(11-10-2016, 03:48 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Would be nice, but mid turns tend to go against the presidential party, not necessarily in favor of Republicans.  Given the map Republicans may make gains, but they'll only compensate for the losses this year.

Sorry, but I have no faith in the Millennials putting their tech toys down long enough to go out and vote in a mid-term election.

So I'm betting on the filibuster-proof-majority scenario - which if it does not trigger revolution or civil war, will trigger mass emigration which will make far-right domination of America permanent.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
(11-10-2016, 07:01 PM)Anthony Wrote: Sorry, but I have no faith in the Millennials putting their tech toys down long enough to go out and vote in a mid-term election.

Yeah, that or the  Special Snowflake Generation     will end up triggered by some random event and stay home to suck on their binkies.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/09...p-victory/   Rolleyes

*GenX has been called bad stuff like "Slacker" .
---Value Added Cool