Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1929 - Interviews With Elderly People Throughout The US

Just a really cool video including recordings of people telling their account of the civil war. Fascinating and priceless video recordings and stories.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

It is just amazing to hear people of the Gilded and Progressive generations even to differences of diction. Figure that ninety years from now people will be amazed to hear the voices, let alone the concerns, of people in the (then) long-extinct GI and Silent generations.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Amazing isn't it? I adore film and camera and even ancient audio recordings primarily because of this. It is the only way to record time, a moment in time that people of later generations can connect to in some way when they never would have had the chance to get to hear their voices, see them alive, and hear what they had to say. It truly is incredible to me.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

I notice the elderly Broadway impresario pronouncing the street name with an accent on WAY.

When the last of their generations perished:

Lost -- April 2018
Missionary -- December 30, 1999
Progressive -- 1970
Gilded -- 1955
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Those people in the upper midwest Eric the Green 46 12,349 12-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  most Americans think too many people are easily offended Dan '82 39 16,277 08-16-2016, 06:13 PM
Last Post: taramarie