Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wholesomememes on reddit and Twitter
(reposting from my blog: http://stevebarrera.com/subreddit-of-the...somememes/)

In this social era one of the roles of young adult Millennials is to clean up the culture after a long period of decadence and degradation called the Unraveling (I'm talking "turnings" theory here). I submit that an excellent example of this phenomenon is the subreddit wholesomememes. Here you will find only happy and affirming thoughts, positivity and love. It's the Internet's biggest safe space.

I also submit that the subreddit acts as a forging ground of an emerging values consensus for the new order of the ages. If it fits into this subreddit, its acceptable values. That means that inclusivity is in, and religious moralism is out. All the weird culture that our society has generated over the past decades is in - as long as it serves to boost the esteem of others and bring us all together.

They have it on Twitter, too, if you like that.
-----------------
I'm wondering what this forum thinks about the idea that anything that is fit for the wholesomememes subreddit is an accetable value in the next saeculum's value consensus (if that's even a thing).
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages