Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beatles: Artist Lennon vs. Boomer McCartney
Having a Beatles book, I remembered a quote by John Lennon about drugs: He said that Paul started to take them later than he (John) did - but made a big fuss out of it. Typical for a Boomer to do so. The Silents had the ideas for the counter-culture, but the Boomers were more people and shouted much louder.

The differences between Artists and "Prophets" also explain why the band fell apart later. It wasn't just "creative differences".
(11-11-2019, 06:57 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: Having a Beatles book, I remembered a quote by John Lennon about drugs: He said that Paul started to take them later than he (John) did - but made a big fuss out of it. Typical for a Boomer to do so. The Silents had the ideas for the counter-culture, but the Boomers were more people and shouted much louder.

The differences between Artists and "Prophets" also explain why the band fell apart later. It wasn't just "creative differences".

I heard that John insisting on Yoko always being there in the Beatles' activities toward the end had a lot to do with the break-up. I somehow doubt a difference of 3 years would create severe generational misunderstandings, even though the cusp might have been somewhere around their birthdays, depending on one's views.....
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M