Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fourth Turning is Here! And no one is here!
Referring to the last post on the previous page http://generational-theory.com/forum/thr...l#pid81477 :
Using my astrological perspective, this becomes even more clear. Barack Obama had a horoscope score on my presidential election USA system of 18-3. Bill Clinton had 23-2. You just don't get any more talented and charismatic than that as a presidential candidate in America. So the skill of the candidate to get elected president does not mean that he can get his way with the congress.

Maybe Lyndon Johnson, who had only a mediocre score as a presidential candidate, had the legislative skill to get some major things done, but even he could not have gotten anything done without the strong Democratic and sometimes-bipartisan congress he had, especially in 1965-1966. He lost this in the November 1966 midterm, and that was the end of the Great Society program.

We could not have found anyone younger and better to run and win the presidency in 2020 than Biden, because no-one with such a high score was willing or able to run. Most candidates in 2020 actually had negative scores. That included the younger ones like Buttigieg, Andrew Yang and Beto O'Rourke or Biden's choice for vice president Kamala Harris. The only sure-thing charismatic Democratic leader available was Mitch Landrieu, score 19-2. But he seems to lack ambition.

And even so, Obama is right. "You cannot sit back and wait for a savior. You don't need a messiah." NO president, I don't care how charismatic (s)he is, or how young, or how high-scoring on my system, can accomplish anything without a congress. And with the insane "opposition party" we have, nothing can be done unless the Democratic Party gets a super-majority, or majority support for 2 reconciliation bills.

https://philosopherswheel.com/presidenti...ScoredWhat
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(04-11-2022, 02:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Obama was somewhat successful during the 7 months that he had a congress. No president can do that much without a congress...

... The Republicans are fanatics, so all they needed in their day to block everything was 40 votes. So in effect, neither Clinton nor Obama had a congress for very long. Clinton had 2 years, but many more Democrats were fake ones in his day, and he never had a 60-vote majority to overcome a filibuster. Obama only had 7 months. Between the time Al Franken was allowed to be seated after recounts in Minnesota, and Brown took Ted Kennedy's seat in a Massachusetts special election, Obama had 60 votes to bypass the filibuster, but only with bills acceptable to some fake Democrats. That was enough to get Obamacare barely passed, and a stimulus and some Wall Street Reform. After that, nuthin. Even the most charismatic young firebrand cannot get anything done in this backward, prejudiced, bought-and-paid-for country without a fully-Democratic congress.

So Obama and Clinton also largely failed due to the failure of the electorate, which needed to provide a Democratic president with a 60-vote senate majority in order to accomplish anything. If liberals, and young people who strongly tend liberal, do not vote in midterm elections, they take support away from their president. They did this in the 1994 and 2010 elections, so the Clinton and Obama administrations were over as far as progress was concerned after 2 years or less.

Biden has the advantage now (that Obama and Clinton did not) that he can get 2 bills a year passed with majority vote through reconciliation, if they involve the budget process. Even then, he only got 49 votes from Democrats for BBBBB, but fake Democrat Joe Manchin would not support the BBBBB, so we are still stuck in Reaganomics. And it looks like "the base is less enthusiastic", and without Trump to motivate them to vote, it looks like they won't, so Biden will be deprived of support also. People blame the president for the fact that our government cannot accomplish anything, but they need to look in the mirror.

You make some valid points, but I think mine are as well.  Clinton was never a Democrat in the true sense and Obama was naturally cautious.  Both could have done more and killing the filibuster when they had respectable majorities in the Senate was the ticket both avoided ... but not the Republicans.  They go full-throated into every battle, even the inane ones.  That's not a virtue either, but it does generate support from their supporters who demand action, and they are many.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(04-10-2022, 10:54 AM)Anthony Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 01:40 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: The criminal case against the alleged plotters to kidnap the Governor of Michigan imploded.  The Biden Presidency could be the eye of the hurricane. I expect to see more plots against elected officials who win elections yet violate the sensibilities of about 40% of Americans who think themselves the Real America or the owners of 80% of the assets.

Don't the 40% of Americans who think of themselves as the Real America actually own 80% of the assets - or more?

More precisely, the 2% of the people who own 80% or more of the assets consider themselves the only people with a right to rule, as has been so in many other times and places. They identify themselves with such prosperity as there is to the extent of being its sole cause. Such people eventually have often come to the belief that their command and control, even to the extent that the generous, purposeful, and efficacious application of the lash (even if only symbolic) is the sole means of getting the needed toil from peons and proles who fail to recognize the need for such guidance.

Such a pessimistic and even sadistic view of Humanity is completely incompatible with democracy, but it is consistent with slavery, peonage, and serfdom. Such people are in need of the intellectual and moral equivalent of an enema.

Much of the "real America" nonsense boils down to "whiteness", as if the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments did not settle that question once and for all.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(04-14-2022, 11:24 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 10:54 AM)Anthony Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 01:40 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: The criminal case against the alleged plotters to kidnap the Governor of Michigan imploded.  The Biden Presidency could be the eye of the hurricane. I expect to see more plots against elected officials who win elections yet violate the sensibilities of about 40% of Americans who think themselves the Real America or the owners of 80% of the assets.

Don't the 40% of Americans who think of themselves as the Real America actually own 80% of the assets - or more?

More precisely, the 2% of the people who own 80% or more of the assets consider themselves the only people with a right to rule, as has been so in many other times and places. They identify themselves with such prosperity as there is to the extent of being its sole cause. Such people eventually have often come to the belief that their command and control, even to the extent that the generous, purposeful, and efficacious application of the lash (even if only symbolic) is the sole means of getting the needed toil from peons and proles who fail to recognize the need for such guidance.

Such a pessimistic and even sadistic view of Humanity is completely incompatible with democracy, but it is consistent with slavery, peonage, and serfdom. Such people are in need of the intellectual and moral equivalent of an enema.

Much of the "real America" nonsense boils down to "whiteness", as if the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments did not settle that question once and for all.

Another of the many crisis challenges needing a resolution in this 4T.  I suspect we have far too much on our plate to address the idea of true elitism, but it is the root of most of our issues.  If this gets resolved peacefully in this 4T, I'll be shocked.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Climax" year of each turning Ghost 99 44,184 06-08-2020, 05:30 AM
Last Post: Isoko
  "The X-Files" name-checking "4th Turning" Increase Mather 0 1,789 01-21-2018, 05:06 AM
Last Post: Increase Mather