Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This makes me really sad
Star 
Today, I got malaise over the idea we - the world - has been brought low so easily.  We're so fragile, tied to "economy".  It's the way of modern living, and can't we see it's doomed? Unless we all go to work, spend money and PAY for everything, our world as we know it stops.  It's finally happened, no one here can take care of ourselves anymore.  Everyone is Hooked In to the system. 

It feels like a slipknot.

I wrote a poem about it just now!  Sharing is sublime.  Sharing our feelz... possibly and a fire and weed IN that fireplace.  Just I guess it should fill the whole house.  Can anyone share what they are doing to get by?  Wouldn't mind hearing any of it

So, this poem is part of me.  Not every part of me.  Anyone writing through this??

My America of sea and land
Live by her, she provides
Cull the grain, burn the chaff
Net the waves, reap the tides

Neighbor trades, a friendship make
Banquets shared and gived
Goodness for the Goodness sake
For now my heart it breaks

We cannot live without our screen
Shopping there is so serene
Global net, our inbetween
Fragile, fraile, as we careen

What happened to our chance?
Are we destined, doomed by nature's dance?
Humbled and weak, can't feed ourselves
Here come the Dark Elves
We will be learning many things -- basic things -- that we never thought that we would have to learn. How to put together human relationships that may have been in tatters. How to make the most of the communities in which we live no matter how flawed those may be. Finding the store shelves bare with an age of retail bargains at an end... and I am guessing, exorbitant prices as an adjustment to shortages. Much of our potential entertainment, mass low entertainment the current equivalent of Karl Marx' opiate of the masses. If you live in a rural area and are not highly-specialized, then welcome to the grim world of farm labor. A good pair of overalls might be more useful than any $1000 suit.

"No unnecessary travel" introduces a situation analogous to rationing. Gas suddenly got cheap -- but unless you commute you have no place to go. Looking for a job out of town? Lots of luck!
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-23-2020, 08:29 PM)TheNomad Wrote: Today, I got malaise over the idea we - the world - has been brought low so easily.  We're so fragile, tied to "economy".  It's the way of modern living, and can't we see it's doomed? Unless we all go to work, spend money and PAY for everything, our world as we know it stops.  It's finally happened, no one here can take care of ourselves anymore.  Everyone is Hooked In to the system. 

It feels like a slipknot.

I wrote a poem about it just now!  Sharing is sublime.  Sharing our feelz... possibly and a fire and weed IN that fireplace.  Just I guess it should fill the whole house.  Can anyone share what they are doing to get by?  Wouldn't mind hearing any of it

So, this poem is part of me.  Not every part of me.  Anyone writing through this??

My America of sea and land
Live by her, she provides
Cull the grain, burn the chaff
Net the waves, reap the tides

Neighbor trades, a friendship make
Banquets shared and gived
Goodness for the Goodness sake
For now my heart it breaks

We cannot live without our screen
Shopping there is so serene
Global net, our inbetween
Fragile, fraile, as we careen

What happened to our chance?
Are we destined, doomed by nature's dance?
Humbled and weak, can't feed ourselves
Here come the Dark Elves

Good. Without the distractions of our modern economy, art and literature and music flourished. Now in front of our screens or at our desks, we have less time to be creative.

The more modern conveniences we make, the longer hours we work. We do not give the people ownership of the machines, so we are owned by their owners.

As the human economy stops, nature recovers and pollution decreases.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sad News Reveling In The Drama TheNomad 10 2,923 03-22-2020, 02:30 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  Pittsburgh attorney makes Libertarian bid in 18th race nebraska 0 801 01-12-2018, 09:16 PM
Last Post: nebraska