Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National leadership disaster
So our great hopes for 2020 are Biden and Fauci? Two Silents? 

What happened to this 4T?? It's a total mess.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
I would add Cuomo. He seems to spout the new ideals as well as anyone.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Some amazing last-hurrahs for the Silent generation, along with Nancy Pelosi and (unless he is defeated or more likely the Senate goes Democratic) Mitch McConnell.

The amazing thing is that the Millennial Generation has been slow -- so far -- to achieve access in the Halls of Power, political, corporate, or in the non-profit sector. Could it be that our bureaucratized capitalism is so effective in retarding the rise of competent people in achieving prominence?

A Crisis Era can -- and almost certainly does -- break that. Compelling people to be extremely materialistic yet damned to fail at achieving their dreams is itself absurd. Despotic and dictatorial orders can suppress needful change until the order fails catastrophically as in military calamities or in revolutions. Our economic system has much going badly, and it can fail suddenly... and unlike the case in 2008 there might not be the means of saving entities "too big to fail". I can easily see such entities as "too big to preserve" in the event of their failure.

Know well: bureaucracy is not capitalism. Bureaucrats can be as exploitative as capitalists and even live like capitalists off rich salaries. It is enterprise, and not the concentration of wealth and power in a tiny elite, that defines capitalism. Feudalism could certainly concentrate wealth and power. Fascism had the concentration of wealth and power as an objective. Marxism-Leninism held that eliminating the entrepreneurs would jump-start economic development and free people from the exploitation of plutocratic masters, only to establish by default an administrative clique that became as rapacious as plutocrats and hereditary -- almost as if aristocratic -- in succession. After all, if one is a central planner and likes what one does one is obviously tempted to ensure that your children have the same opportunity as one and not be a laborer even if the official propaganda lionizes the proletariat!
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(07-18-2020, 11:37 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I would add Cuomo.  He seems to spout the new ideals as well as anyone.

Well he's a Boomer at least. But how can he become the leader of the nation?
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
(07-18-2020, 01:10 PM)sbarrera Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 11:37 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I would add Cuomo.  He seems to spout the new ideals as well as anyone.

One answer is to take the view that there can be more than one grey champion.  Spreading the new values is enough.

But Biden and his VP would have to fail big time for him to become leader of the nation before the crisis ends.  I'm not hoping for that, particularly.  Bush 43 and Trump are enough bad presidents lately.  I don't want another one.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(07-18-2020, 03:45 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(07-18-2020, 01:10 PM)sbarrera Wrote:

One answer is to take the view that there can be more than one grey champion.  Spreading the new values is enough.

But Biden and his VP would have to fail big time for him to become leader of the nation before the crisis ends.  I'm not hoping for that, particularly.  Bush 43 and Trump are enough bad presidents lately.  I don't want another one.

There's also the issue of 2024.  If Biden gets elected and decides one term is enough, then the VP (nominally) or some other Democrat will run for his second term.  The 4T should still be active, so that person could be the one who gets the credit for saving the nation, assuming she does of course.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was 911 & the Cultural Aftermath/Change in National Mood Part of This Crisis Period? TheNomad 85 47,014 02-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund