Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gen Z Name Finally Decided:
It’s Zoomers. 

Go ahead and rename the message board . 

Even Howe admitted Homeland was weak and threw our “quaranteens” on my Twitter. 

But it’s Zoomers. Done deal.
(05-29-2020, 11:33 PM)jleagans Wrote: It’s Zoomers. 

Go ahead and rename the message board . 

Even Howe admitted Homeland was weak and threw our “quaranteens” on my Twitter. 

But it’s Zoomers. Done deal.

You mean threw OUT "quaranteens"?

Who decided on Zoomers?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
It's far from clear to me that zoomers are actually the new Adaptives, as opposed to tail end Millenials who like to differentiate themselves from other millenials.
(05-30-2020, 09:29 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: It's far from clear to me that zoomers are actually the new Adaptives, as opposed to tail end Millenials who like to differentiate themselves from other millenials.

Well, the crisis is different in nature, barely begun, and late in the prophet-nomad-civic configuration.  The father figure is not called off to war, but is if anything home a lot.  In some cases the unraveling hedonistic selfish mind set still prevails, so a different environment has not yet occurred from their perspective.  

Give them a little more of the crisis environment that is supposed to form them?

If there had been no trigger, no crisis heart, would we have a generation of adaptives without a traumatic youth to shape them?  As is, we might be open to a slightly less adaptive set of adaptives.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Sorry, but Zoomers is a stupid name. I say we just refer to them as New Artist/New Silent for now and they will eventually get a proper name with time.
(05-30-2020, 08:24 PM)GeekyCynic Wrote: Sorry, but Zoomers is a stupid name. I say we just refer to them as New Artist/New Silent for now and they will eventually get a proper name with time.

I have to agree. Homelanders was placeholder, so changing to a different placeholder is a waste of time.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(05-30-2020, 08:24 PM)GeekyCynic Wrote: Sorry, but Zoomers is a stupid name. I say we just refer to them as New Artist/New Silent for now and they will eventually get a proper name with time.

It might sound stupid since it's basically just the terms Gen Z and Boomer smashed together but when you understand that it was coined by zoomers themselves through their ironic meme culture, it's actually kind of fitting. If they ever want to be called something else, it's up to them.
Yeah, and Zoomers also references "Zoom", the platform many students are using for schools. But "Zoomers" is a better name for Millennial-Adaptives cuspers, really.

I really want the name "Quarantine Generation", or "Quarantines" to stick, but I'm not sure how to get it to. People not into generational theory will only acknowledge "Gen Z", an even worse name than "Homelanders", and I'd go as far to say I'm triggered by it. I say "Quarantines" is a better name because

a) We're really sheltered
b) During the COVID-19 pandemic, when we're all in quarantine, the oldest of us are in high school and the youngest are being born(?)
c) Similar naming strategy to Silents, the former Artists
What they did to Drumpf in Tulsa was totally awesome.

Too bad more of them can't vote in November.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
(06-05-2020, 04:52 PM)Anteros Wrote:

It might sound stupid since it's basically just the terms Gen Z and Boomer smashed together but when you understand that it was coined by zoomers themselves through their ironic meme culture, it's actually kind of fitting. If they ever want to be called something else, it's up to them.

Love this, 100% agreed.  I had the same initial reaction in thining the Zoomer name was dumb but after digging into it came to the same point you're making here.  The Gen Z reddit was very clear that they like the name Zoomer, every other idea was shot down or argued about.
I dislike the name 'zoomer' too, but it does seem to be what my age cohort, or people a few years younger than me, are naming themselves. I do think it's important to acknowledge what people use to name themselves, because it's really a part of their generational identity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem with Gen Z monikers Ghost 6 4,384 06-07-2020, 07:26 AM
Last Post: David Horn
  Gen Z Name: iGen jleagans 20 12,000 11-17-2018, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Bill the Piper