Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#pewlies
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20...-z-begins/

Does this article make anyone else as mad as it makes me?

It seems stupid but they just got it wrong.  The millennials end in 2000/2001, and by cutting the generations off incorrectly they've made ALL of their research related to the generations wrong or flawed.  And since the whole world copy and pasted this crap, the whole world is researching and thinking about generations wrong.

All because this guy was lazy one day.

Anyone that wants to join me in rebutting him on twitter and using the #pewlies where logical please join me.  It seems dumb but he pays attention to twitter (as does Howe) and doesn't have a lot of folks actively engaging with him.  The chance we get a request heard to change the years (at least get the shit off Wikipedia for petes sake) is pretty high!

#PEWLIES
(10-27-2020, 03:57 PM)jleagans Wrote: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20...-z-begins/

It seems stupid but they just got it wrong.  The millennials end in 2000/2001, and by cutting the generations off incorrectly they've made ALL of their research related to the generations wrong or flawed.  And since the whole world copy and pasted this crap, the whole world is researching and thinking about generations wrong.

Anyone that wants to join me in rebutting him on twitter and using the #pewlies where logical please join me.  It seems dumb but he pays attention to twitter (as does Howe) and doesn't have a lot of folks actively engaging with him.  The chance we get a request heard to change the years (at least get the shit off Wikipedia for petes sake) is pretty high!

#PEWLIES

OK, I sent a brief email. Thanks. I go further and agree with Mr. Howe that Millennials end in about 2003.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-27-2020, 11:22 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 03:57 PM)jleagans Wrote: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20...-z-begins/

#PEWLIES

OK, I sent a brief email. Thanks. I go further and agree with Mr. Howe that Millennials end in about 2003.

You're awesome!  I draw my line at 9/11 but its fair.

People lose their minds when you tell them Zoomers are still being born, they refuse to believe it.  But Zoomer birth stops at the end of the crisis , and the crisis is still going.  Its one of the most easy-to-delineate generation/turning markers.

Emails I'm iffy on, I doubt that they work any more (maybe though, let me know if he responds).  Twitter I could see working, nobody follows these people and they are on it all the time sort of desperate for someone to say anything.
(10-29-2020, 12:15 AM)jleagans Wrote:

#PEWLIES

People lose their minds when you tell them Zoomers are still being born, they refuse to believe it.  But Zoomer birth stops at the end of the crisis , and the crisis is still going.  Its one of the most easy-to-delineate generation/turning markers.

Emails I'm iffy on, I doubt that they work any more (maybe though, let me know if he responds).  Twitter I could see working, nobody follows these people and they are on it all the time sort of desperate for someone to say anything.

Wouldn't Zoomer births end slight before the end of the Crisis like how Boomers began a couple years before the end of WW2 (according to Strauss/Howe)? If the coronavirus pandemic is the big event of the current Crisis, I would expect anyone born right now (or even back to about 2018) to be part of the next generation after Zoomer/Homeland/Z, as the people bring born now will be coming up in the new saeculum, with no memory of this time or what led to it.
(02-01-2021, 05:56 PM)nguyenivy Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 12:15 AM)jleagans Wrote:

#PEWLIES

Wouldn't Zoomer births end slight before the end of the Crisis like how Boomers began a couple years before the end of WW2 (according to Strauss/Howe)? If the coronavirus pandemic is the big event of the current Crisis, I would expect anyone born right now (or even back to about 2018) to be part of the next generation after Zoomer/Homeland/Z, as the people bring born now will be coming up in the new saeculum, with no memory of this time or what led to it.

There's no reason to conclude that we are at the end of the pandemic, or that the pandemic will be the end of the Crisis. Virtually every aspect of the current Crisis has yet to be resolved to an extent that a recovery era can begin with greater consensus. I am saying circa 2025 will see the birth of the first Gen Alpha. Wow, that date has always seemed like a long time away, and now it's only 4 years! Truly, we are approaching the first new-prophet births now.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
There are no objective numbers to any of this shit, lmao.
(02-02-2021, 11:46 AM)Einzige Wrote: There are no objective numbers to any of this shit, lmao.

I don't really get why people wander into special interest forums just to hate on the members of the forum.  Feels like some basic "make myself feel better" bullying.  Good luck with that.