Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dylann Roof sentenced
(to death for a mass murder in a church)

Dylann Roof, the avowed white supremacist who massacred nine black churchgoers at Bible study in 2015, was sentenced to death on Tuesday.
[/url]
The jury deliberated for nearly three hours before announcing the decision.
Roof was [url=http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dylann-roof-convicted-in-slayings-of-black-church-members_us_5852fb48e4b0b3ddfd8bc23f]convicted of the Charleston, South Carolina, killings
last month, following six days of testimony. He was found guilty of 33 federal charges, from hate crimes to obstruction of the practice of religion, of which 17 carried the possibility of the death penalty.

On June 17, 2015, Roof walked into Charleston’s Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. The historic black church, affectionately called Mother Emanuel, was hosting a Bible study that evening. The 21-year-old sat down with the parishioners for a while before pulling out a gun and firing.

He killed Susie Jackson, the Rev. Daniel Simmons, Ethel Lance, Cynthia Hurd, Tywanza Sanders, the Rev. Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, the Rev. DePayne Middleton-Doctor, Myra Thompson and the Rev. Clementa Pinckney, the pastor of the church.
Prosecutors argued in favor of the death penalty.

“They welcomed a 13th person that night ... with a kind word, a Bible, a handout and a chair,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Jay Richardson said during his closing argument at Roof’s sentencing on Tuesday. “He had come with a hateful heart and a Glock .45.”
Roof chose to represent himself during the punishment phase of his trial. He called no witnesses.
In his opening remarks to the court on Wednesday, Roof said there was nothing wrong with him “psychologically.” He had previously written in a journal that psychology was a “Jewish invention.”

“My opening statement is going to seem a little bit out of place,” Roof told jurors. “I am not going to lie to you. ... Other than the fact that I trust people that I shouldn’t and the fact that I’m probably better at constantly embarrassing myself than anyone who’s ever existed, there’s nothing wrong with me psychologically.”

Last year, following his arrest, Roof had spoken with FBI agents for two hours. Video played in court showed him admitting to his crimes.
“I am guilty,” he said. “We all know I’m guilty.”

He told agents he had killed nine innocent people because he believed that white Americans had become second-class citizens and that white women were being raped “daily” by black men.

In his closing argument on Tuesday, Roof stood by his decision to gun down the innocent churchgoers.

“I felt like I had to do it, and I still feel like I had to do it,” he told jurors.

He added that he could ask the jury to spare his life, but wasn’t sure “what good that would do.”

At a Bible study on the one-year anniversary of the killings, church member Thomas Rose prayed for those who had died. The 66-year-old was born inside Mother Emanuel and had left the church that night only about an hour before Roof began his slaughter.
“I still haven’t recovered,” Rose told The Huffington Post. “It’s just gonna take a while. I forgive the guy for doing what he did, but he took away [my family members]. That’s something I’ll never get over.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dyla...586487cb14?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

A warning to him: Genesis 1:27 suggests that God is BLACK. If He made Man in His Image, then because the first human beings were black, God must be black.

Quote:Genesis 1:27, KJV

So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

This fucker made no attempt to get the jury to spare his life, he wants to be a White Supremacist "martyr".
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
Dylann Trump?  Genesis?
(01-10-2017, 06:00 PM)Odin Wrote: This fucker made no attempt to get the jury to spare his life, he wants to be a White Supremacist "martyr".

I question whether he ever had a girlfriend -- or a boyfriend, for that matter.

He looks anorexic, which is rare in males... but dangerous.

...I can imagine a happy ending.  He went to the prayer meeting, and discussed his racist beliefs... and the people there, good Christians that they apparently were, got him to recognize that black people could love someone who came as an enemy... and convinced him that his racist ways were terribly wrong. His heart softened as he got to recognize that black people could be good people. They rescue him from from his racist ways, and deliver him from evil.

He joins in the Bible studies and starts to recognize that the people that he thought sub-human are in fact improving him as a person. He fattens up a little, and the anorexia goes. So does the violent proclivity -- and so do the gun and the Confederate and Nazi $#!+. He gets a job and starts reading such literature as Up From Slavery and The Souls of Black Folk instead of Mein Kampf  and Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

He meets a wonderful girl at one of the Bible studies -- a wonderful black girl, whom he eventually marries and by whom he has beautiful biracial children of whom he is proud. His story gets a big write-up in Ebony Magazine in five years. 

Happy endings are all too often fictional. The last happy ending I saw in reality was the Cubs wining the 2016 World Series, and there just haven't been many for me in the last few years.

Getting weirder...
(01-10-2017, 06:23 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Getting weirder...

There is no question -- he is weird.

Can we put Charles Manson in the gas chamber with him and get a 2 for 1 deal?
Knowledge doesn't equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth no matter what you think of it.
So is the subject a typo, or are you trying to make a bogus political connection?
(01-10-2017, 05:59 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: A warning to him: Genesis 1:27 suggests that God is BLACK. If He made Man in His Image, then because the first human beings were black, God must be black.

Why would this make a difference?
(01-10-2017, 10:35 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: So is the subject a typo, or are you trying to make a bogus political connection?

Typo.

(01-10-2017, 10:38 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-10-2017, 05:59 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: A warning to him: Genesis 1:27 suggests that God is BLACK. If He made Man in His Image, then because the first human beings were black, God must be black.

I expect the death penalty to be rushed with Donald Trump and his merry band of sadists in charge of the judiciary.

(01-11-2017, 12:10 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:

I expect the death penalty to be rushed with Donald Trump and his merry band of sadists in charge of the judiciary.

I don't really see that as problem in this case but I very much doubt Trump or his cabinet are going to bother with this case.  They have much bigger problems to deal with.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Nothing like jumping to conclusions is there? Is there any wonder why the Right is so entrenched in opposition the everything the left has to say when they make completely outlandish claims such as this? And you think there is a solution to be had in mutual agreement LMMFAO. It will never happen.
Knowledge doesn't equal Understanding, and the Truth is the Truth no matter what you think of it.
(01-11-2017, 06:50 AM)Bronsin Wrote:

Nothing like jumping to conclusions is there? Is there any wonder why the Right is so entrenched in opposition the everything the left has to say when they make completely outlandish claims such as this? And you think there is a solution to be had in mutual agreement LMMFAO. It will never happen.

Put two and two together...

Not that I am a particularly religious person, I know enough about the Bible to put a few things together. Should the ethnicity or religious identity of God be a concern to anyone? Sure -- if that person did horrible things to people. Dylan Roof did horrible things to perfectly-good black people... in a church, of all places. In a prayer meeting.

I have met people like those fine black Christian people in a religious setting... except that they are not black. If someone down on his luck went to a prayer meeting in desperate need for help on an addiction or other destructive behavior, then they would find support that begins with prayer. I can imagine what those fine Christian people would have done with a racist white kid -- trying to deliver him from behavior and beliefs that they thought was destroying him.

I try to imagine myself as one of the participants in the prayer meeting. Imagining myself as black would be the easy part. Character does not come from melanin or its scarcity. I would try to allay his fears about black people and show him that my colleagues mean well. So he comes from a different culture? Fine. Nobody needs to 'get' the traditions of black Americans to be good.  But there are white people with much the same principles, and that makes people good.

Dylann Roof is a bigot, but most bigots don't resort to violence of the horrific manner that he did. He needed help. He went to the wrong place for that help. I wonder whether he was beginning to break -- and in defense of all that he cherished, he lashed out at those helping him? Those fine black people had a right answer for him -- give up the racism, give up the meanness, and clean up his personal life. Could he accept that answer? Of course not.

The tragedy isn't that he dies for it. He could have taken himself out instead, and the world would be a better place for his absence. The tragedy is that good people had to die first. You saw my benign fantasy; it would not be news. Maybe something like that has happened; it never makes the headlines. We all know how the news is: "If it bleeds it leads".

I still don't see why it matters.  If I believed in God, I doubt I'd think He was a racist, so it shouldn't matter what race he is.  Not that I'd think Roof would get past Saint Peter.
(01-11-2017, 12:24 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:

I still don't see why it matters.  If I believed in God, I doubt I'd think He was a racist, so it shouldn't matter what race he is.  Not that I'd think Roof would get past Saint Peter.

Of course we know who Saint Peter's ... Boss is. Note the capitalization.

Quote:Of course we know who Saint Peter's ... Boss is. Note the capitalization.

Bruce Springsteen?  Huh
They should give him the death penalty manana. too bad they can't.
I'm guessing that I missed saying something. If God made Man in His Image, then because the first humans were black, so must be God.