Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now that Obozo is gone.
It is time to take stock of the Obozo presidency and I think that Stefan Molyneux basically has it right.  As usual the sources for the material are in the YouTube description.

Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
thank gosh he is gone. was a long 8 years. he was better than bush though.
(01-23-2017, 06:42 AM)Galen Wrote: It is time to take stock of the Obozo presidency and I think that Stefan Molyneux basically has it right.  As usual the sources for the material are in the YouTube description.

An hour?  Any chance of an outline of what it covers?  The first five minutes were good - interesting point about Obama being the only president who was at war throughout his presidency - but an hour is a lot of time.

Of course, the drone strikes, assassinations of US citizens, all that - it all seems to have been forgiven because, you know, no compromise with the Russian bear!  Can you imagine what would have happened if Clinton had been given an opportunity to use the Obama approach to warfare against Russia?
(01-23-2017, 10:28 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 06:42 AM)Galen Wrote: It is time to take stock of the Obozo presidency and I think that Stefan Molyneux basically has it right.  As usual the sources for the material are in the YouTube description.

An hour?  Any chance of an outline of what it covers?  The first five minutes were good - interesting point about Obama being the only president who was at war throughout his presidency - but an hour is a lot of time.

Of course, the drone strikes, assassinations of US citizens, all that - it all seems to have been forgiven because, you know, no compromise with the Russian bear!  Can you imagine what would have happened if Clinton had been given an opportunity to use the Obama approach to warfare against Russia?

I find Molyneux worth the time because nothing about the last eight years has been simple.  One reason I chose this video is because he lists his references which gives people an opportunity to see if he is telling the truth.

The Obama approach during the Clinton years probably would have caused Yeltsin to be overthrown by someone who then would have started lobbing nukes at the US.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
Sorry, I was thinking of Hillary Clinton. Same net result, I suspect.
I am not surprised that Galen would think that a Libertarian's view of Obama is right.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-23-2017, 04:30 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Sorry, I was thinking of Hillary Clinton.  Same net result, I suspect.

Pretty much except that Putin would have been quicker off the mark.  He actually said that electing Hillary would mean war between Russia and the US.  Hard to be more clear than that.

(01-23-2017, 06:16 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 04:35 PM)Galen Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 04:30 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Sorry, I was thinking of Hillary Clinton.  Same net result, I suspect.

Pretty much except that Putin would have been quicker off the mark.  He actually said that electing Hillary would mean war between Russia and the US.  Hard to be more clear than that.

Well, the Leftist protestors might have worn pussy hats but the real pussies are the pussies who let themselves be head faked into voting for Trump because big bad Puttie Poot said he'd nuke us if we didn't vote the way he wanted.

WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THAT???!!!!!

Most sane people have an aversion to global thermonuclear war and Hillary had made it clear that she was going to continue poking Russia with a stick.  Eventually she would have succeeded in finding a survival issue that would prompt Russia into pushing the button.  Even if a war started with Russia started as a conventional conflict the moment one side or the other was faced with defeat they would use the nukes.

(01-23-2017, 04:35 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I am not surprised that Galen would think that a Libertarian's view of Obama is right.

As Stefan would say, "Not an argument" since you have not specified where he is wrong.