Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Politico just released a poll of hypothetical 2020 Presidential candidates
Clinton was excluded, probably on the basis that she'll never be able to show her face in public again if she blows this one.

https://morningconsult.com/wp-content/up...ines-1.pdf

GOP: 
Pence - 13 
Ryan - 11
Kasich - 11 
Cruz - 10 
Rubio - 8
Trump - 7  
Cotton - 1

DEM: 
Warren - 16
Kaine - 10 
Cuomo - 6
Booker - 5

A.) Fucking LOL, the current Republican nominee is in fifth place and losing to his current running mate in first. That might give Pence ideas about sabotaging things this year.

B.) The fact that a boring white dude like Kaine is in second on the Democratic side ought to give those alt-righties who believe that the Democrats are becoming a minority-only Party pause.

C.) Liz fuckin' Warren. If the GOP had nominated any other candidate, and the Court weren't on the line, it'd almost be worth taking a loss.
(10-17-2016, 04:29 AM)Einzige Wrote: Clinton was excluded, probably on the basis that she'll never be able to show her face in public again if she blows this one.

GOP: 
Pence - 13 
Ryan - 11
Kasich - 11 
Cruz - 10 
Rubio - 8
Trump - 7  
Cotton - 1

DEM: 
Warren - 16
Kaine - 10 
Cuomo - 6
Booker - 5

A.) Fucking LOL, the current Republican nominee is in fifth place and losing to his current running mate in first. That might give Pence ideas about sabotaging things this year.

B.) The fact that a boring white dude like Kaine is in second on the Democratic side ought to give those alt-righties who believe that the Democrats are becoming a minority-only Party pause.

C.) Liz fuckin' Warren. If the GOP had nominated any other candidate, and the Court weren't on the line, it'd almost be worth taking a loss.

Kaine is a devout Catholic, a lot of the GOP's base still think Catholics aren't true Christians.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(10-17-2016, 04:29 AM)Einzige Wrote: Clinton was excluded, probably on the basis that she'll never be able to show her face in public again if she blows this one.

This is where my horoscope system can help! Smile Don't worry Einzige; you're right, it appears.

GOP: (score)
Pence - 13 (9-9)
Ryan - 11 (11-9)
Kasich - 11 (2-14)
Cruz - 10 (3-12)
Rubio - 8 (13-7)
Trump - 7  (8-4)
Cotton - 1 (who?)

DEM: 
Warren - 16 (9-6)
Kaine - 10  (13-9)
Cuomo - 6 (12-6)
Booker - 5 (4-4)

Trump and Cuomo have the best scores among these. Rubio a close third.

Quote:A.) Fucking LOL, the current Republican nominee is in fifth (sixth) place and losing to his current running mate in first. That might give Pence ideas about sabotaging things this year.

The best scoring potential candidates aren't even running or mentioned in the poll. Most are Democrats:
Terry McAuliffe, 11-3
Sherrod Brown, 20-10
Tom Vilsack, 14-5 (that's also Bernie Sanders' score)
Tulsi Gabbard, 13-5
Janet Napolitano, 12-5
Jim Webb, 13-6
Jason Carter, 10-4
Gavin Newsom, 9-4

Who do the Republicans have?
Carly Fiorina, who has no celebrity OR government official foundation from which to run, 16-6
George Pataki, who didn't even have the guts to contest any primaries, is too liberal for his party, and is too old, 13-3
Ivanka Trump, who has no official political experience, 14-1

my video: https://youtu.be/sF0T18rOp9o
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
I like Andrew Cuomo.

The Mafia will see to it that he gets elected.
"These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation" - Justice David Brewer, Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States, 1892
I don't think he needs the Mafia. He has proposed some popular initiatives lately, I think he is positioning himself.
(10-17-2016, 01:32 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

This is where my horoscope system can help! Smile Don't worry Einzige; you're right, it appears.

Pence - 13 (9-9)
Ryan - 11 (11-9)
Kasich - 11 (2-14)
Cruz - 10 (3-12)
Rubio - 8 (13-7)
Trump - 7  (8-4)
Cotton - 1 (who?)

DEM: 
Warren - 16  (9-6)
Kaine - 10  (13-9)
Cuomo - 6 (12-6)
Booker - 5 (4-4)

Trump and Cuomo have the best scores among these. Rubio a close third.

Quote:A.) Fucking LOL, the current Republican nominee is in fifth (sixth) place and losing to his current running mate in first. That might give Pence ideas about sabotaging things this year.

The best scoring potential candidates aren't even running or mentioned in the poll. Most are Democrats:
Terry McAuliffe, 11-3
Sherrod Brown, 20-10
Tom Vilsack, 14-5 (that's also Bernie Sanders' score)
Tulsi Gabbard, 13-5
Janet Napolitano, 12-5
Jim Webb, 13-6
Jason Carter, 10-4
Gavin Newsom, 9-4

Carly Fiorina, who has no celebrity OR government official foundation from which to run, 16-6
George Pataki, who didn't even have the guts to contest any primaries, is too liberal for his party, and is too old, 13-3
Ivanka Trump, who has no official political experience, 14-1

my video: https://youtu.be/sF0T18rOp9o

-- I'd remove Booker the hooker. l don't think he'll be running for Prez next time around, if ever
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
(01-18-2017, 08:05 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(10-17-2016, 01:32 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Pence - 13 (8-7)
Ryan - 11 (10-11)
Kasich - 11 (3-14)
Cruz - 10 (4-11)
Rubio - 8 (11-10)
Trump - 7  (9-4)
Cotton - 1 (who?)

DEM: 
Warren - 16  (8-7)
Kaine - 10  (11-11)
Cuomo - 6 (11-6)
Booker - 5 (6-7)

Trump and Cuomo have the best scores among these.

Terry McAuliffe, 11-2
Sherrod Brown, 19-8
Tom Vilsack, 15-6 
Bernie Sanders, 14-7 (maybe he may get more points on the negative side in the future, depending on future elections IF ANY, so his high score is tenuous)
Tulsi Gabbard, 11-6
Janet Napolitano, 11-5
Jim Webb, 11-7
Jason Carter, 10-4
Gavin Newsom, 7-1 (has Saturn Return for 2024 though; if by some chance he won in 2020, he would not win re-election)

Carly Fiorina, who has no celebrity OR government official foundation from which to run, 16-7
George Pataki, who didn't even have the guts to contest any primaries, is too liberal for his party, and is too old, 15-3
Ivanka Trump, who has no official political experience, 16-2

-- I'd remove Booker the hooker. l don't think he'll be running for Prez next time around, if ever

I had to update the scores in this reply. This list posted above was before my latest revision after the election.

I don't know what buzz or polls Booker will have in the future, but no I don't think he has a chance, and he'd be the wrong guy.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Assuming that Daddy survives his first term (IE he doesn't die from over work [unlikely the man is likely thriving off the pressure], or more likely isn't assassinated) the GOP will run him. IF, and that is a big if, Trump is out of the picture in 2020 due to death (again most likely assassination) then the GOP will run Pence.

Pence actually has good chances. He plays well in the Mid-West where he's from, and isn't odious to the rest of the country. He'd need to pick a good running mate. I'd suggest Sessions if he isn't knee deep in swamp clearance.

But who do the Dems have?

Warren? Too old, too liberal, too Yankee.
Brown? A solid maybe. He could take back the Mid-West, maybe. Problem is his voice is like he smokes five packs a day. I don't know if he has the stamina for a campaign outside of his home state.
Sanders? Too old, way too old. He was too old in 2016 but I wasn't going to vote for HRC if the GOP ran a potted plant.
Cory Booker? A northern machine politician. He might play well with the base and get slightly more blacks to vote for him but he lacks Obama's charisma.

The simple fact of the matter is the Dem bench is looking bare after they've lost scores of state legislatures and over 1000 seats since 2008. Dem numbers haven't looked this bad since 1928 (but it isn't the end of a 3T now so....).

Now if we consider GOP candidates that might run if Pence doesn't run or something happens to Daddy...

Rubio is out. He can't even win the Florida primary and only retained his senate seat because the Dem was way worse than him. He only got his seat in a GOP wave year running a three way race with Christ splitting the moderate vote.

Cruz leaves everyone who encounters him the impression he's a used car salesman. He might keep a senate seat but he is otherwise distasteful to all but evangelicals--which are a minority of the GOP base since Trump is busy expanding it rapidly.

In all likelihood the next two cycles are going to be dominated by Trump/Pence. Trump will be re-elected barring something going terribly wrong or gods forbid he is assassinated. Pence would after a 2 term Trump be practically guaranteed a term much like George H.W. Bush. His re-election as president in his own right is murky though.

Since I place the start of the 4T around 2006, I would suspect that 2024 will be just after or during the climax of the 4T. Much like the election of 1944 or 1864. 2020 is a likely shoe in for Trump because from all the indicators presented by Dem leadership they plan on doubling down on the failed policies that have resulted in their major losses the last three cycles. After all they didn't ditch Pelosi when they should have.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(03-09-2017, 11:35 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Since I place the start of the 4T around 2006, I would suspect that 2024 will be just after or during the climax of the 4T.  Much like the election of 1944 or 1864.  2020 is a likely shoe in for Trump because from all the indicators presented by Dem leadership they plan on doubling down on the failed policies that have resulted in their major losses the last three cycles.  After all they didn't ditch Pelosi when they should have.

I mark the start of the fourth turning at 2008.  While 2024 is a good date my own suspicion is that you will know the fourth turning is ending when it becomes obvious the American Empire is over.  Whether that end looks the the end of the British or Roman empires remains to be seen.

Judging from Ryan's Obozocare light bill it is clear that the GOP elites also plan on business as usual.  The problem with a fourth turning is that the business as usual is what got you here.  It doesn't sound like the GOP base agrees with that plan.  This rejection of business as usual is how they ended up with Trump.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(03-10-2017, 04:22 AM)Galen Wrote:
(03-09-2017, 11:35 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Since I place the start of the 4T around 2006, I would suspect that 2024 will be just after or during the climax of the 4T.  Much like the election of 1944 or 1864.  2020 is a likely shoe in for Trump because from all the indicators presented by Dem leadership they plan on doubling down on the failed policies that have resulted in their major losses the last three cycles.  After all they didn't ditch Pelosi when they should have.

I mark the start of the fourth turning at 2008.  While 2024 is a good date my own suspicion is that you will know the fourth turning is ending when it becomes obvious the American Empire is over.  Whether that end looks the the end of the British or Roman empires remains to be seen.

Judging from Ryan's Obozocare light bill it is clear that the GOP elites also plan on business as usual.  The problem with a fourth turning is that the business as usual is what got you here.  It doesn't sound like the GOP base agrees with that plan.  This rejection of business as usual is how they ended up with Trump.

The 06-08 debate is a tired on. Howe places the start at 08 and for my purposes it works just as well as 06. I would say that we do agree that the end of the 4T will be noted by the absence of the American Empire. As I told my mother, I look for Trump to be a Gorbachev type figure. He will manage a collapse in such a way that we don't end up with barbarians looting just outside the city gate. (IE USSR rather than Rome). That he could instead be a Gracchus figure instead is just icing for the cake in my book.

As for Ryan I have a feeling that he won't pass his Obamacare 2.0 bill. It's already DOA in the Senate according to such persons as Paul, Cruz and Suzanne Collins. A Libertarian, a Evangelical and a Milquetoast Conservative respectively. In the House the Freedom Caucus won't vote for it, the Democrats are unlikely to (they like Obamacare 1.0 thanks) and there are some 30 other reps saying that they oppose it outside the Freedom Caucus.

As such he's down 70 votes from the 218 he needs to pass. Since it is such a major policy item for his agenda I suspect that he will likely be forced to resigned if he can't pass the bill out of the House. I honestly believe it is DOA in the Senate for various reasons (and would likely be vetoed if it by some miracle ended up on Daddy's desk).

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(03-10-2017, 03:50 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 04:22 AM)Galen Wrote: I mark the start of the fourth turning at 2008.  While 2024 is a good date my own suspicion is that you will know the fourth turning is ending when it becomes obvious the American Empire is over.  Whether that end looks the the end of the British or Roman empires remains to be seen.

As for Ryan I have a feeling that he won't pass his Obamacare 2.0 bill.  It's already DOA in the Senate according to such persons as Paul, Cruz and Suzanne Collins.  A Libertarian, a Evangelical and a Milquetoast Conservative respectively.  In the House the Freedom Caucus won't vote for it, the Democrats are unlikely to (they like Obamacare 1.0 thanks) and there are some 30 other reps saying that they oppose it outside the Freedom Caucus.

When those three groups agree that something is a bad idea your bill is toast.  The only thing all of them agree on is that Obozocare has to go so it seems most likely that is precisely what will happen.  Indeed, Rand Paul reintroduced the same repeal that already passed last year.  I like Rand better when he isn't running for President.

(03-10-2017, 03:50 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: As such he's down 70 votes from the 218 he needs to pass.  Since it is such a major policy item for his agenda I suspect that he will likely be forced to resigned if he can't pass the bill out of the House.  I honestly believe it is DOA in the Senate for various reasons (and would likely be vetoed if it by some miracle ended up on Daddy's desk).

I very much doubt Trump is going to get the debt ceiling increase he has hinted that he wants without some major spending cuts to go with it.  The Liberty Caucus not to mention the fiscal and social conservatives really don't like Ryan because he is seen as being as spineless as Boehner was.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(03-10-2017, 04:22 PM)Galen Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 03:50 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 04:22 AM)Galen Wrote: I mark the start of the fourth turning at 2008.  While 2024 is a good date my own suspicion is that you will know the fourth turning is ending when it becomes obvious the American Empire is over.  Whether that end looks the the end of the British or Roman empires remains to be seen.

As for Ryan I have a feeling that he won't pass his Obamacare 2.0 bill.  It's already DOA in the Senate according to such persons as Paul, Cruz and Suzanne Collins.  A Libertarian, a Evangelical and a Milquetoast Conservative respectively.  In the House the Freedom Caucus won't vote for it, the Democrats are unlikely to (they like Obamacare 1.0 thanks) and there are some 30 other reps saying that they oppose it outside the Freedom Caucus.

When those three groups agree that something is a bad idea your bill is toast.  The only thing all of them agree on is that Obozocare has to go so it seems most likely that is precisely what will happen.  Indeed, Rand Paul reintroduced the same repeal that already passed last year.  I like Rand better when he isn't running for President.

(03-10-2017, 03:50 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: As such he's down 70 votes from the 218 he needs to pass.  Since it is such a major policy item for his agenda I suspect that he will likely be forced to resigned if he can't pass the bill out of the House.  I honestly believe it is DOA in the Senate for various reasons (and would likely be vetoed if it by some miracle ended up on Daddy's desk).

I very much doubt Trump is going to get the debt ceiling increase he has hinted that he wants without some major spending cuts to go with it.  The Liberty Caucus not to mention the fiscal and social conservatives really don't like Ryan because he is seen as being as spineless as Boehner was.

1. Well not only are those three disparate groups of the GOP against Obamacare 2.0 but so is the expanded base. The GOP establishment may not like it but the Democrats are collapsing and will be relegated to a fringe party soon. There is talk in some circles already that primaries are being planned based on how the votes line up on Obamacare 2.0.

2. I'd be fine with spending cuts. I'm sure there are plenty of things that can and should be cut. We can start with the CIA, NSA, and work our way down to the old New Deal infrastructure. When the water stinks the dam must be broken.

(03-10-2017, 06:19 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: 1.  Well not only are those three disparate groups of the GOP against Obamacare 2.0 but so is the expanded base.  The GOP establishment may not like it but the Democrats are collapsing and will be relegated to a fringe party soon.  There is talk in some circles already that primaries are being planned based on how the votes line up on Obamacare 2.0.

2.  I'd be fine with spending cuts.  I'm sure there are plenty of things that can and should be cut.  We can start with the CIA, NSA, and work our way down to the old New Deal infrastructure.  When the water stinks the dam must be broken.

Not a bad set of choices for spending cuts which I could easily get behind.  Not quite the destination that I wish for but still a damn fine start.

Chris Murphy has exercized good leadership lately. His horoscope score is tentatively 9-3.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(03-11-2017, 06:52 AM)Galen Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 06:19 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: 1.  Well not only are those three disparate groups of the GOP against Obamacare 2.0 but so is the expanded base.  The GOP establishment may not like it but the Democrats are collapsing and will be relegated to a fringe party soon.  There is talk in some circles already that primaries are being planned based on how the votes line up on Obamacare 2.0.

2.  I'd be fine with spending cuts.  I'm sure there are plenty of things that can and should be cut.  We can start with the CIA, NSA, and work our way down to the old New Deal infrastructure.  When the water stinks the dam must be broken.

Not a bad set of choices for spending cuts which I could easily get behind.  Not quite the destination that I wish for but still a damn fine start.

Huh? You stopped being Libertarian? I just said we can start with the surveillance state, and work our way through the other ways the Federal Government wastes money. Okay well maybe abolishing the IRS should come first.

(03-11-2017, 07:52 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 06:52 AM)Galen Wrote:

Huh?  You stopped being Libertarian?  I just said we can start with the surveillance state, and work our way through the other ways the Federal Government wastes money.  Okay well maybe abolishing the IRS should come first.

Not really, I just considered your initial choices to be a good start.  What made you think that I would stop there.

Well as long as we're not stopping. Essentially I want to move all the stuff the Federals are doing now back to the States. Which was the original intent anyway.

ETA: Have I mentioned abolishing the 16th and 17th amendments yet?

(03-11-2017, 09:38 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: Well as long as we're not stopping.  Essentially I want to move all the stuff the Federals are doing now back to the States.  Which was the original intent anyway.

ETA:  Have I mentioned abolishing the 16th and 17th amendments yet?

Ah, all the usual insane reactionary wet dreams. Rolleyes
(03-11-2017, 09:46 AM)Odin Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 09:38 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: Well as long as we're not stopping.  Essentially I want to move all the stuff the Federals are doing now back to the States.  Which was the original intent anyway.

For some strange reason I have a feeling that Odin here doesn't even know what the 16th and 17th amendments even do.

(03-11-2017, 10:30 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-11-2017, 09:46 AM)Odin Wrote:

For some strange reason I have a feeling that Odin here doesn't even know what the 16th and 17th amendments even do.

Income tax and the direct election of senators.