Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2T Vs. 3T pop culture
(06-22-2016, 05:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 04:28 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 04:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:47 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:38 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I am expressing my honest opinion, and nothing I can say can destroy the 3T or its so-called music. There is no personal attack going on by me. YOU are taking it personally. Don't. Just disagree; I am fine with that, and I have no doubt that people disagree.

The 3T was a horrible era in many ways. That's just the way I see it, and the facts and the evidence speaks for itself. I'm just glad it's over and we have a chance to move onward and upward again. There is no personal attack in that statement. Unless perhaps you are attached to Ronald Reagan; maybe.

We know you think it is a horrible era but there is no need for you to keep on repeating it. Yes of course i take it personally. No i will not allow you to just walk all over it and say what does that hurt, don't take my punches personally. That is school kid bully tactic. Don't like my attacks on you? You are taking it personally. Don't. Just disagree. I am fine with that. Seems ignorant and cruel doesn't it. Cruel of the other persons feelings. I will stop going on about your insensitivity to others tastes when you learn that it is hurtful to others. I have no idea what you are on about regarding Ronald Reagan. Keep in mind i am a foreigner and he was pres when i was an infant.

Why not just put me on ignore? Give up your ridiculous attempt to change people. This forum is about issues and opinions, not about the behavior of the participants. Stop trying to change it. Or just be ignored.

If people are going to move on, they have to learn that the 3T era was wrong. And yet Americans still say by only 2% that they will vote Republican for congress. That is horrible; they have learned nothing. No, it will have to be repeated over and over until they get it.
It is wrong to insult people correct? The 3T was created by people. So it is safe to say you are insulting a part of who we are. This has nothing to do with politics. Stick to the subject which is music thank you. We are discussing music not politics when it comes to your disrespect of 3T music. Because it is a repetitive attack and constant it must be addressed. Music, we love it or we do not. Think of it like a straight person or a gay person. Differences. Got it? The straight person likes certain people but the gay does not like what that person likes. You can respect both right? I know you can because you mention you are respectful of the differences. But when it comes to music you fail with showing the same respect for differences and tell us we should just brush off the insults which you do not think are insults. Think of it this way. It would be rude to disrespect a gay person for what they appreciate correct? Same thing here. It would be rude to disrespect music a person enjoys...and need i remind you calling certain music shit or garbage etc CONSTANTLY is disrespect. It is your opinion but so would be an opinion of a homophobe who disrespects gays constantly. Can you understand this? Can you understand that similarity. We may be different but you should be respectful just as you would a gay or a straight.

I qualify my statements by saying "generally speaking; some times it's OK," etc., and "I am open to any music." That's as far as I can go with it. My opinion is mine, and necessary to say. When culture declines, prophets speak. It's an old tradition.

Saying someone's opinion of some music is like being black or gay, sorry, uh, I don't quite follow you there. Does not compute. Bye.

Being a prophet does not excuse inconsideration. That is an insult to other boomers.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Thanks Dan. We really do need a place to sit him down and baby talk him about seeing differences in opinion regarding music.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

The 3T begins when the new pop acts all quit pretending to stand for anything noble or pushing to improve the listener. The folk-like acts of the Awakening era became nostalgia, and the new pop became strictly hedonistic. That's about when I made the complete break from pop to classical music.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Me too; of course I don't even consider many of the 3T styles even hedonistic, because music does give sensuous or sensual pleasure, and that's a good thing; but those styles are more aimed toward assaulting the listener. It's for head bangers. Of course, there's a lot of diversity in such a large category as 3T American pop and rock, and Taramarie doesn't get that generalizations are just exaggerations to make a point. And she likes to interfere with others' conversations where she doesn't belong, in her haughty belief that a 20-something year old hypersensitive and bi-polar art student is entitled to tell anyone and everyone how to behave. I was speaking to Rags about the 3T music HE likes, not about what she likes. But that fact seems to escape her.

I don't think Taramarie has very good taste in music right now. That is insulting to her for me to say that, she says. But it is not a moral judgement of her, and it's not a criticism of her as a person. And I think she COULD have "good taste," as I see it, if she is willing to open up to what she hasn't experienced. She won't listen to me, so it's none of my business now anyway. Most young listeners today just aren't exposed to much good music. She knows some, and I'm sure she knows good music that I don't know.

Bad taste is not a permanent condition anyway, so she's wrong to say it's like insulting gays. I know; I have learned and experienced a lot of music, and learned to like much that I didn't know of or like before. Sometimes she seems to be open minded, and sometimes she is just wacky and can't be talked to.

It's funny that the moderator split this off. Not only was it not relevant to the gun debate, it's not even a topic worthy of discussion at all.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 05:07 PM)taramarie Wrote: [quote='Eric the Green' pid='3624' dateline='1466632806']
[quote='taramarie' pid='3621' dateline='1466630922']
[quote='Eric the Green' pid='3612' dateline='1466629338']

Being a prophet does not excuse inconsideration. That is an insult to other boomers.

By definition, a prophet (whether a boomer or not) is going to speak out against prevailing trends of decline. Probably Amos was labelled "inconsiderate" too just for saying what he thought was the truth.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 11:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Me too; of course I don't even consider many of the 3T styles even hedonistic, because music does give sensuous or sensual pleasure, and that's a good thing; but those styles are more aimed toward assaulting the listener. It's for head bangers. Of course, there's a lot of diversity in such a large category as 3T American pop and rock, and Taramarie doesn't get that generalizations are just exaggerations to make a point. And she likes to interfere with others' conversations where she doesn't belong, in her haughty belief that a 20-year old hypersensitive and bi-polar art student is entitled to tell anyone and everyone how to behave. I was speaking to Rags about the 3T music HE likes, not about what she likes. But that fact seems to escape her.

I don't think Taramarie has very good taste in music right now. That is insulting to her for me to say that, she says. But it is not a moral judgement of her, and it's not a criticism of her as a person. And I think she COULD have "good taste," as I see it, if she is willing to open up to what she hasn't experienced. She won't listen to me, so it's none of my business now anyway. Most young listeners today just aren't exposed to much good music. She knows some.

Bad taste is not a permanent condition anyway, so she's wrong to say it's like insulting gays. I know; I have learned and experienced a lot of music, and learned to like much that I didn't know of or like before. Sometimes she seems to be open minded, and sometimes she is just wacky and can't be talked to.

It's funny that the moderator split this off. Not only was it not relevant to the gun debate, it's not even a topic worthy of discussion at all.

Corrections to be made.... 1. This is not all about what i like which makes me believe you are not listening. This is about EVERYONE'S different tastes and RESPECT that others are different.
2. I am not 20. It says so in my sig. I am an '84 baby. If you can count that means later this year I will be 32.
3. I have listened to your music just as you have mine. What you seem to not get your head around is that this is again, about respect for tastes and especially a certain era. Your slew of constant insults prove you do not care about being respectful that others like that sort of music and on top of it you said it was WRONG and the culture was wrong. That is totally messed up Eric.
4. I really do not care that you think i have bad taste in music. That is your right to believe that. But to say an entire era is wrong and shit shows a closed off mind as well as being insensitive. We should not have to change music just to suit your tastes.
5. I am not an art student. I graduated with my Bachelor in Multimedia design degree in march of this year.
6. Headbanger music often contains important messages if you listen but you cannot get past the sound to hear it nor understand the sound is to exaggerate the tone and message of the song. As you have said i am sensitive....so i understand why it is what it is. Someone who can objectively look at a song for what it is should be able to detach themselves emotionally from bias and examine it for what it is and represents. I could even do that with rap and i do not normally like that genre. I can do it with art without insulting what i do not like. Why cant you with music?
There now it is correct.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-22-2016, 11:28 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 05:07 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 05:00 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 04:28 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 04:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Being a prophet does not excuse inconsideration. That is an insult to other boomers.

By definition, a prophet (whether a boomer or not) is going to speak out against prevailing trends of decline. Probably Amos was labelled "inconsiderate" too just for saying what he thought was the truth.
You are fighting a loosing battle though if you want to change what has already happened. It has affected younger folk and we will always treasure the 3T for what it was. Truth is opinion and nothing more unless it has proof. Even that can be heavily opinion based.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-22-2016, 11:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Me too; of course I don't even consider many of the 3T styles even hedonistic, because music does give sensuous or sensual pleasure, and that's a good thing; but those styles are more aimed toward assaulting the listener. It's for head bangers. Of course, there's a lot of diversity in such a large category as 3T American pop and rock, and Taramarie doesn't get that generalizations are just exaggerations to make a point. And she likes to interfere with others' conversations where she doesn't belong, in her haughty belief that a 20-something year old hypersensitive and bi-polar art student is entitled to tell anyone and everyone how to behave. I was speaking to Rags about the 3T music HE likes, not about what she likes. But that fact seems to escape her.

I don't think Taramarie has very good taste in music right now. That is insulting to her for me to say that, she says. But it is not a moral judgement of her, and it's not a criticism of her as a person. And I think she COULD have "good taste," as I see it, if she is willing to open up to what she hasn't experienced. She won't listen to me, so it's none of my business now anyway. Most young listeners today just aren't exposed to much good music. She knows some, and I'm sure she knows good music that I don't know.

I normally am open minded. I listen to everyone. My problem with you is that you do not. You are closed off to an entire era and insult it to boot. Also it is insulting to say it is wrong and needs to be fixed. That is also closed minded. I on the other hand listen to other people's music and respect that is what they enjoy even if i do not. Anyway, I am off to get tea. We will have fun with this later.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-22-2016, 11:43 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 11:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Me too; of course I don't even consider many of the 3T styles even hedonistic, because music does give sensuous or sensual pleasure, and that's a good thing; but those styles are more aimed toward assaulting the listener. It's for head bangers. Of course, there's a lot of diversity in such a large category as 3T American pop and rock, and Taramarie doesn't get that generalizations are just exaggerations to make a point. And she likes to interfere with others' conversations where she doesn't belong, in her haughty belief that a 20-something year old hypersensitive and bi-polar art student is entitled to tell anyone and everyone how to behave. I was speaking to Rags about the 3T music HE likes, not about what she likes. But that fact seems to escape her.

I normally am open minded. I listen to everyone. My problem with you is that you do not. You are closed off to an entire era and insult it to boot. Also it is insulting to say it is wrong and needs to be fixed. That is also closed minded. I on the other hand listen to other people's music and respect that is what they enjoy even if i do not. Anyway, I am off to get tea. We will have fun with this later.

I do not preclude the possibility that the 4T will bring forth a marvelous collection of new popular music. If the last 4T says anything, then we are about due to discover some popular music with an omnibus appeal -- as was the case with the Big Band era. This was quite possibly the greatest popular music ever except for that of Franz Josef Haydn and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who then had much the same appeal as the Big Band music circa 1940. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart as the Glenn Miller of his day? He was extremely popular in his lifetime.

If anything, shutting off the popular culture of the 1980s and 1990s opened up a huge range of other culture to me.

Is the popular culture to be disparaged? Only if it is mindless or depraved. It is telling that IBM's supercomputer "Watson" draws its diction from Bob Dylan, truly a great lyricist. If America goes very bad very fast in this 4T (as by electing Donald Trump as President), then it could rediscover some humanistic values in Simon and Garfunkel; Peter, Paul, and Mary; Bob Dylan; Joni Mitchell; and maybe even the Beatles (if they are Brits -- so what?) and the Beach Boys. After being deadly serious and wrong one might rediscover some whimsy and what makes people truly human.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

You do not listen. As I said, I have discovered at least a few good songs that I didn't know before that you posted; you have not discovered anything new from what I have posted. Whether you were criticizing my attitude or not. so no, it's you who does not listen. Nor do you listen when I explain and qualify my statements about the 3T. No, go to the mirror boy, Tara. Take the huge moat out of your own eye, hypocrite. And no, it's not fun. It's stupid.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-23-2016, 09:07 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:

I do not preclude the possibility that the 4T will bring forth a marvelous collection of new popular music. If the last 4T says anything, then we are about due to discover some popular music with an omnibus appeal -- as was the case with the Big Band era. This was quite possibly the greatest popular music ever except for that of Franz Josef Haydn and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who then had much the same appeal as the Big Band music circa 1940. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart as the Glenn Miller of his day? He was extremely popular in his lifetime.

If anything, shutting off the popular culture of the 1980s and 1990s opened up a huge range of other culture to me.

Is the popular culture to be disparaged? Only if it is mindless or depraved. It is telling that IBM's supercomputer "Watson" draws its diction from Bob Dylan, truly a great lyricist. If America goes very bad very fast in this 4T (as by electing Donald Trump as President), then it could rediscover some humanistic values in Simon and Garfunkel; Peter, Paul, and Mary; Bob Dylan; Joni Mitchell; and maybe even the Beatles (if they are Brits -- so what?) and the Beach Boys. After being deadly serious and wrong one might rediscover some whimsy and what makes people truly human.

Well said. Of course, I say that the 60s (1963-1973) was easily the greatest pop/rock era ever, but we'll get to the forties later in the best songs ever thread. And we've just scratched the surface of the 60s, starting (going backwards) with its climactic and most-ambitious summit of achievement by The Who. Now THAT is some fun.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-23-2016, 09:47 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

You do not listen. As I said, I have discovered at least a few good songs that I didn't know before that you posted; you have not discovered anything new from what I have posted. Whether you were criticizing my attitude or not. so no, it's you who does not listen. Nor do you listen when I explain and qualify my statements about the 3T. No, go to the mirror boy, Tara. Take the huge moat out of your own eye, hypocrite. And no, it's not fun. It's stupid.
I have found music from you i liked yes new music. Just because i did not tell you does not mean i did not find new music from you. No your opinions do not qualify you to make blanket statements about an entire era and say it is wrong and needs to be corrected Eric. You feel it is totally fine that others change their tune so to speak but not you. Never you right? When it was about groping, the lady should look at it like it is a compliment. Her retaliating in anger is wrong. 3T music is wrong and that culture needs to be changed as it is shit and garbage. Please remember what you say. All of this tells me you think no wrong ever comes from you and that our reaction to what you think wrong despite the slap across the face. You know you are in the wrong here and you are trying to dodge it by turning it on me as you did horrifically with the groping incident. But not only me, everyone elses reaction also. Saying we all were wrong thinking this way. Trouble is, you are too idealistic and not looking reality in the face. That makes you blind to what people are saying to you. You are too busy thinking oh things should be this way, you should think that way, the culture is wrong and it should be how I see it. The world does not revolve around Mr Eric nor should it. It contains billions of people. We should look them in the face and notice the differences and let be. You trying to change them to suit you is arrogance and closed minded to that difference between you and them. What may be wrong to you may be perfectly fine for them. Have you tried listening to their side? Why they like the music they like? Why they do not like to be touched a certain way? Or does idealism prevent you from UNDERSTANDING their POV? See i hear all sides and my stance is, if everyone is pissed at a certain action or people favour stuff you do not like (and yes i hear you that you liked some music from the 3T like the unicorn song but you still call the era garbage and needs fixing AFTER you showed appreciation for my song) you should just accept that the majority likes it and move on. That is the open minded approach...accepting the differences. The closed minded approach would be to say something is garbage continuously and say it is wrong and needs to be changed despite the fact many adore that type of music or that era. You are not seeing the people and accepting it for what it is when you say these things. Instead likewise with the groping incident you instead say your reaction is wrong to that sort of touching because i think it is ok (despite the fact others are repulsed by the idea) .....example of you not listening to our reaction and in turn not respecting us. Likewise, people love a certain era and its music. It is wrong you say, it needs to be changed. It is shit, and garbage and my reaction to your blanket statement is wrong. This is all avoidance to change your own perspective and we are always the ones in the wrong because you are perfect. Think about that. You do not see differences nor accept them and say they are wrong if you do not agree with them and worse yet they need changing. I see everyone but you only see yourself and that we should follow your lead. That is a closed mind. Yes you have enjoyed some songs but you still stand by your word that the 3T is what you say it is and needs changing despite liking some songs. If you had not said that i would have left you alone. Just because it is not what you like does not mean we should change to suit YOU.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Some Xers and millies can't face the possible fact that the pop culture era of their youth was the worst ever since pop culture became a major element in society around the 1890s. Tara takes it personally, although it is no reflection on her or on millies in general, or even on most Gen Xers. Xers like Pharrell and the Maroon 5 group have already proven they can do better in the 4T than they did in the 3T. The mood has changed to something more like the last 4T. And a lot of 3T pop was created by boomers. They also set the styles (that I mostly don't like) in the early 80s. After all, the politics of the 3T in the USA was ALSO the worst ever, and boomers had more to do with that than the younger generations. And that these things happened together is no accident.

A lot of the problem was the media ownership concentration that the Reaganoids and even the Clintonistas allowed to happen during the 3T, which was dedicated to Galen's policy of letting business do whatever it wants. The result of his policies being adopted was a few media moguls only allowing "music" of the lowest common denominator to be broadcast or produced. In the 4T that strangehold has been challenged by social media like you tube, which has allowed alternative pop stars like Justin Bieber to find an audience. I think that will continue, and may extend far beyond contributions by teenagers.

Disillusionment and cynicism expressed by Xers in their music is also partly a result of the political policies and stagnation of the time.

To say that (in my opinion) the recent 3T was the worst culturally, not only in pop music but in broadcast TV, does not mean there weren't some good songs in it. All 3T pop culture is a big category, and I also exclude not only fringe phenomena like new age music and singer-songwriters, but pop culture beyond the United States, from this generalization. Just because Taramarie ignores what I say, does not mean I haven't said it.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-23-2016, 04:15 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Some Xers and millies can't face the possible fact that the pop culture era of their youth was the worst ever since pop culture became a major element in society around the 1890s. Tara takes it personally, although it is no reflection on her or on millies in general, or even on most Gen Xers. Xers like Pharrell and the Maroon 5 group have already proven they can do better in the 4T than they did in the 3T. The mood has changed to something more like the last 4T. And a lot of 3T pop was created by boomers. They also set the styles (that I mostly don't like) in the early 80s. After all, the politics of the 3T in the USA was ALSO the worst ever, and boomers had more to do with that than the younger generations. And that these things happened together is no accident.

A lot of the problem was the media ownership concentration that the Reaganoids and even the Clintonistas allowed to happen during the 3T, which was dedicated to Galen's policy of letting business do whatever it wants. The result of his policies being adopted was a few media moguls only allowing "music" of the lowest common denominator to be broadcast or produced. In the 4T that strangehold has been challenged by social media like you tube, which has allowed alternative pop stars like Justin Bieber to find an audience. I think that will continue, and may extend far beyond contributions by teenagers.

Disillusionment and cynicism expressed by Xers in their music is also partly a result of the political policies and stagnation of the time.

To say that (in my opinion) the recent 3T was the worst culturally, not only in pop music but in broadcast TV, does not mean there weren't some good songs in it. All 3T pop culture is a big category, and I also exclude not only fringe phenomena like new age music and singer-songwriters, but pop culture beyond the United States, from this generalization. Just because Taramarie ignores what I say, does not mean I haven't said it.
The thing is it still is the "worst" in your opinion. We millies and the xers do not need to change our minds on one persons opinion of a turning we enjoyed immensely. It is still just an opinion. Does not make it true for those of us who adore it. You cannot see us Eric. On a side note what is wrong with letting business do what it wants to do? Is that not freedom? Xers were crying out for what they saw wrong with the world. Keep in mind xers will be our hero's as they are the leaders of millies who will be the foot soldiers for what xers intend to fix.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-23-2016, 04:15 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Some Xers and millies can't face the possible fact that the pop culture era of their youth was the worst ever since pop culture became a major element in society around the 1890s. Tara takes it personally, although it is no reflection on her or on millies in general, or even on most Gen Xers. Xers like Pharrell and the Maroon 5 group have already proven they can do better in the 4T than they did in the 3T. The mood has changed to something more like the last 4T. And a lot of 3T pop was created by boomers. They also set the styles (that I mostly don't like) in the early 80s. After all, the politics of the 3T in the USA was ALSO the worst ever, and boomers had more to do with that than the younger generations. And that these things happened together is no accident.

Side note: that is cool you like Maroon 5. May as well mention while i am here i like Lightfoot. See is it not nicer to share music we like without bashing an entire turning?
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-23-2016, 04:38 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Side note: that is cool you like Maroon 5. May as well mention while i am here i like Lightfoot. See is it not nicer to share music we like without bashing an entire turning?

Or telling others what to say??

I mostly like Maroon 5's 4T music, but the ones you posted were pretty good. But I'm surprised you like them, they are so sexy.

Galen hates them, iirc.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-28-2016, 01:31 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

I mostly like Maroon 5's 4T music, but the ones you posted were pretty good. But I'm surprised you like them, they are so sexy.

Galen hates them, iirc.

Telling someone to stop bashing an entire turning (one you admit has some great music is ignorance as it is a smear as well as rude. I tell you to just enjoy the good music without repetitively snarking on what we like. You do not like people bashing on biebs after all and think it is ignorance to do so. Same thing here. For you it would be telling others what to believe as you did in fact say it was wrong and we should be aware it was wrong. So, rude too maybe? Thought we were done with this? Interesting you want to start it back up again.You want for people to connect together, older generation connecting with younger generations. You have to understand our mindset in order to do that. Music is a good start as it is memories and a voice (mindset of those of a generation).

Love Maroon 5. I have not yet heard a song of theirs i do not love. Yes they are very sexy.

Ah well that is his choice.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-28-2016, 01:31 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Galen hates them, iirc.
I believe i saw some Diana Ross on your best songs thread. Guess what? I have loved her songs since I was a wee one. I first heard her with a song she sung on the movie "The Land before Time" movie. Not sure if you have heard it. I was about 5 when i first saw the movie and heard her beautiful voice. It brings tears to my eyes. I will post it for you to hear.Such a sad and beautiful movie too btw.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-28-2016, 01:31 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 04:15 PM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: Some Xers and millies can't face the possible fact that the pop culture era of their youth was the worst ever since pop culture became a major element in society around the 1890s. Tara takes it personally, although it is no reflection on her or on millies in general, or even on most Gen Xers. Xers like Pharrell and the Maroon 5 group have already proven they can do better in the 4T than they did in the 3T. The mood has changed to something more like the last 4T. And a lot of 3T pop was created by boomers. They also set the styles (that I mostly don't like) in the early 80s. After all, the politics of the 3T in the USA was ALSO the worst ever, and boomers had more to do with that than the younger generations. And that these things happened together is no accident.

Never heard of them so its kind of hard to have an opinion about their music.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises
(06-28-2016, 02:12 AM)Galen Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 01:31 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 04:15 PM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: Some Xers and millies can't face the possible fact that the pop culture era of their youth was the worst ever since pop culture became a major element in society around the 1890s. Tara takes it personally, although it is no reflection on her or on millies in general, or even on most Gen Xers. Xers like Pharrell and the Maroon 5 group have already proven they can do better in the 4T than they did in the 3T. The mood has changed to something more like the last 4T. And a lot of 3T pop was created by boomers. They also set the styles (that I mostly don't like) in the early 80s. After all, the politics of the 3T in the USA was ALSO the worst ever, and boomers had more to do with that than the younger generations. And that these things happened together is no accident.

Never heard of them so its kind of hard to have an opinion about their music.

1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pop Stars By Decade gabrielle 1 657 01-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green