Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drowsy driving
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/drow...90f7ea5c6f

Do not drive drowsy! It's can be as dangerous as driving drunk.

...I'm tempted to believe that drowsy driving often intensifies the menace of drunk driving.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Cars with computerized driving will make driving while drunk, drowsy, angry, or texting practically impossible.

I have a suspicion that drunk drivers are often angry or drowsy, accentuating the bad effects of drunkenness.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(08-12-2016, 11:19 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Cars with computerized driving will make driving while drunk, drowsy, angry, or texting practically impossible.

I have a suspicion that drunk drivers are often angry or drowsy, accentuating the bad effects of drunkenness.

I have something to confess: I have sleep apnea, and inadequate sleep in the previous night has caused me to doze off in the middle of the afternoon. I usually get adequate warning --  about five minutes, in which time I usually have the chance to pull off the road. I have experienced it two miles from home and had to pull off into a parking lot. I try to avoid highways with long distances between exits, which most particularly means two long stretches of the Indiana Toll Road. 

I now use a C-PAP machine which makes such incidents far rarer.

(01-19-2020, 05:39 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I have something to confess: I have sleep apnea, and inadequate sleep in the previous night has caused me to doze off in the middle of the afternoon. I usually get adequate warning --  about five minutes, in which time I usually have the chance to pull off the road. I have experienced it two miles from home and had to pull off into a parking lot. I try to avoid highways with long distances between exits, which most particularly means two long stretches of the Indiana Toll Road. 

I now use a C-PAP machine which makes such incidents far rarer.

Glad to hear you are able to overcome you condition. I agree that drowsy driving is dangerous. My solution is usually to get some coffee at a gas station, or to roll the window down (hard to doze off with the wind in your face).

Frankly, all kinds of distractions are a danger when driving, even something as simple as messing with the radio. We didn't need texting on cell phones to come into existence for distracted driving to be a thing, though the cell phone makes it pretty bad since it demands significant focus and attention and since everyone has one now.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buy Real and Fake Passports, ID Cards, Driving Licenses, SSN, Birth Certificates, Dea dominicadomi 0 60 02-22-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: dominicadomi