Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Tell-all about Tulsi
(01-31-2020, 01:33 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 01:05 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:51 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 11:51 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 07:09 PM)Marypoza Wrote: so Vlad the Impuppeteer is interfering in the Syrian Civil War. That doesn't mean we should as well. it's an f-ing civil war Eric. We should stay out of it. that's what Tulsi meant when she referred 2 it as a regime change war, assuming u want the Govt 2 go in & take out Assad. That would be regime change. if the Govt did take out Assad, who should they replace him with? I believe the opposition 2 the Syrian govt is IS isn't it? they're monsters as well. 6 of 1 & 1/2 dozen of another. Assad may be a monster as u say, but l sincerely doubt he's responsible 4 right fascism in Europe & America. We have our own homegrown wingnuts 2 answer 4 that, starting with the Donald... 

The real problem with Assad and Putin is how far they've taken their efforts in Syria.  They are purposely targeting hospitals and schools.  That falls solidly in the category of genocide.  Can we fix it?  I doubt it, but some incredibly strong response is needed.  Trump won't spank his buddy Vlad, but whoever replaces him needs to impose sanctions that cripple the Russian economy.  Putin is already shaky, and an economic collapse may finally get his attention.

Not all strong actions lead to war.
As we've learned, the radical Islamic groups like ISIS or political remnants of dictatorships like the Baathist's that have druthers will set up shop in hospitals and schools which they know we won't just bomb like they're doing. If Putin is already shaky, then leaving it alone for now is probably best.

What a bunch of crazy rot, Classic.
Ok. You've seen what happened in Egypt and you've seem what happened in Libya, do we need to see what happens in Syria  for people like  you to learn what not to do again.

Yeah, and let's not forget Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and I think now Nigeria of all places as other Loser propositions
we've staggered into drunk on hubris.  Of course doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
---Value Added Cool
(01-27-2020, 02:14 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 05:44 AM)Marypoza Wrote: Eric--Younger generations love Tulsi, you say, but why does she only get 2% or less in the polls for the Democratic primary? 

-- bcuz younger generations typically don't get polled. Pollsters tend 2 call landlines, Millies generally don't have landlines. There sample #s are rediculously small- 500, 700 or so ppl out of a nation of 330 million? Seriously? Their #s tend 2 skew 50+ yo. Then there's the poll parameters- some only poll Dems. So if u say no I'm not a Dem they say ok thanx,click. Then there's the framing of the questions- like asking a dude who's never beaten his wife, when did u stop beating your wife. The questions r multiple choice & the responses generally do not include an other or none of the above category bcuz the pollsters want 2 4ce their respondents 2 answer within certain defined parameters. This is when l usually hang up on the pollster. My answer doesn't fit in2 any of their boxes, they insist that I change it 2 fit in2 1 of their boxes, l see we're @ an impasse, & so I hang up. Bcuz my survey is then incomplete, my polling data is lost. So this is why the only polls I trust r the 1s held on certain Tuesdays of this year.

All that said, Tulsi does better in online polls. Millies, who r already online, can vote in these polls. So can independents, who seem 2 like Tulsi. I've seen Tulsi poll as high as 7-8% in some of these polls. Still single digits, but higher than Amy K. I'm interested in seeing how well Tulsi- & Yang, & Tom Steyer, & Bernie 4 that matter- do in the open primaries where Indies can vote. I'm guessing Bernie's gonna blow them away but Tulsi & the others could do well too

Me, earlier-- Tulsi certainly is right about it being partisan. Ms Nancy could of started impeachment proceedings against the Donald 4 any # of offenses committed over the last 2 years. Hell  she could of started impeachment proceedings against dubya 4 war crimes when she had the chance. But noooooo (q the l8 gr8 John Bulushi) impeachment was always "off the table"".... until the Donald went after Groper Joe. Then she wants 2 impeach. But she withholds the articles til "after the election". Until Bernie surges in2 1st place. So then she sends the articles 2 the Senate, forcing Bernie 2 go 2  DC 4 a trial. & having 2 charter a jet 2 get 2 his events when it's not in session. This political af. Tulsi was smart & probably prescient not 2 get any of this shit on her

& there u go with that Assad crap again. Tulsi has denounced Assad since she returned home her fact finding mission w/homeboy Dennis. Meanwhile most of these candidates, Bernie excepted, stand w/Bibi, who is way more dangerous than Assad could ever hope 2b. Assad is a pisspot. New reports have come out that he didn't even use the sarin gas. Bibi otoh, authorizes genocide every gd mofo day. Yet he always gets a pass. Gimme a mofo break

Eric-- Bibi is a bad boy. He doesn't get a pass from me. But Assad has killed hundreds of thousands of this own people merely for protesting and asking for help. He is the worst monster of our time

--Assad is "the worst monster of our time" but Bibi, who practices genocide, is merely a bad boy? Seriously? Yes Eric u r giving him a pass.

Eric-- Yet Tulsi persists in saying that the rising of the people against him is a "war of US regime change." She praises Putin's horrific bombing of innocent civilians. She supported Obama's drone attacks even though they kill many innocents. That all makes Tulsi complicit and amoral.

-- Syria is in the midst of a civil war. It's an internal affair, a Syrian thing if u will, so yeah we should butt out. What if some foreign power had interfered in our Civil War. The Confederacy may still have slaves.

Who is Vlad bombing these daze? Receipts plz. The Yemenis ? No wait that's us

Tulsi does support "limited" use of drones, whatever limited means. Well nobody's perfect. But my guess is it's 2 avoid using ppl & endangering lives. On the whole Tulsi is anti-war & that's why the Millies like her. Afterall who is machine gun folder in these oil wars of choice? 

Eric--The impeachment process is not partisan. 

-- like hell

Eric -It was the impeachment of Bill Clinton that was that. It was that which debased impeachment. 

-- no argument there. U don't impeach over a bj

Eric-- No president has ever been more deserving of impeachment and conviction than Trump.  

--except he is not being impeached 4 any of his high crimes & misdemeanors. He is being impeached 4 going after Groper Joe. The Senate will not convict him so it is a waste of time & tax $ & it's being being used 2 hamstring Bernie & keep him off the campaign trail, which Bernie has found a way around. So yeah it is partisan & all it shows that Groper Joe is corrupt along with the Donald

Eric-- Tulsi is smart & probably prescient for not supporting it. Ms Nancy did it for political purposes. (there fixed it 4 ya Smile )

Nancy was too cowardly in her opposition to Bush, I agree, as was her caucus. Dubya was a war criminal, and funds for the war should have been cut off. As for impeachment of Trump, given the fanaticism of the mad 45%, I think it could be argued that Pelosi was wise to put off it until the evidence was solid. This was of course made more difficult by Trump's obstruction, which is greater by far than any previous president. If he is not removed from office, as seems likely given the mad 45%, then he is a mad dictator, and that's what 45% of the American people want.

-- then we need 2 vote Bernie 2 oust him in Nov don't we? Smile
Yep, you guys don't have land lines and we don't answer phones and waste time participating in polls.
Yeah, we down here get way too many phone-spams so we no longer answer unknown numbers. Look before you act you, know. Like what's this 202-xxx-xxxx number. That is not a local area code.
---Value Added Cool
(01-31-2020, 02:51 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Yeah, we down here get way too many phone-spams so we no longer answer unknown numbers. Look before you act you, know. Like what's this 202-xxx-xxxx number. That is not a local area code.

I've had calls from phone numbers in my phone book. "Oh, Xxxx is calling. I should answer" BAM, it's either spam or a pollster. Phone cloning isn't really legal, but it happens all the time.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(01-31-2020, 02:51 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(01-27-2020, 02:14 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 05:44 AM)Marypoza Wrote: Eric--Younger generations love Tulsi, you say, but why does she only get 2% or less in the polls for the Democratic primary? 

-- bcuz younger generations typically don't get polled. Pollsters tend 2 call landlines, Millies generally don't have landlines. There sample #s are rediculously small- 500, 700 or so ppl out of a nation of 330 million? Seriously? Their #s tend 2 skew 50+ yo. Then there's the poll parameters- some only poll Dems. So if u say no I'm not a Dem they say ok thanx,click. Then there's the framing of the questions- like asking a dude who's never beaten his wife, when did u stop beating your wife. The questions r multiple choice & the responses generally do not include an other or none of the above category bcuz the pollsters want 2 4ce their respondents 2 answer within certain defined parameters. This is when l usually hang up on the pollster. My answer doesn't fit in2 any of their boxes, they insist that I change it 2 fit in2 1 of their boxes, l see we're @ an impasse, & so I hang up. Bcuz my survey is then incomplete, my polling data is lost. So this is why the only polls I trust r the 1s held on certain Tuesdays of this year.

All that said, Tulsi does better in online polls. Millies, who r already online, can vote in these polls. So can independents, who seem 2 like Tulsi. I've seen Tulsi poll as high as 7-8% in some of these polls. Still single digits, but higher than Amy K. I'm interested in seeing how well Tulsi- & Yang, & Tom Steyer, & Bernie 4 that matter- do in the open primaries where Indies can vote. I'm guessing Bernie's gonna blow them away but Tulsi & the others could do well too

Me, earlier-- Tulsi certainly is right about it being partisan. Ms Nancy could of started impeachment proceedings against the Donald 4 any # of offenses committed over the last 2 years. Hell  she could of started impeachment proceedings against dubya 4 war crimes when she had the chance. But noooooo (q the l8 gr8 John Bulushi) impeachment was always "off the table"".... until the Donald went after Groper Joe. Then she wants 2 impeach. But she withholds the articles til "after the election". Until Bernie surges in2 1st place. So then she sends the articles 2 the Senate, forcing Bernie 2 go 2  DC 4 a trial. & having 2 charter a jet 2 get 2 his events when it's not in session. This political af. Tulsi was smart & probably prescient not 2 get any of this shit on her

& there u go with that Assad crap again. Tulsi has denounced Assad since she returned home her fact finding mission w/homeboy Dennis. Meanwhile most of these candidates, Bernie excepted, stand w/Bibi, who is way more dangerous than Assad could ever hope 2b. Assad is a pisspot. New reports have come out that he didn't even use the sarin gas. Bibi otoh, authorizes genocide every gd mofo day. Yet he always gets a pass. Gimme a mofo break

Eric-- Bibi is a bad boy. He doesn't get a pass from me. But Assad has killed hundreds of thousands of this own people merely for protesting and asking for help. He is the worst monster of our time

--Assad is "the worst monster of our time" but Bibi, who practices genocide, is merely a bad boy? Seriously? Yes Eric u r giving him a pass.

Eric-- Yet Tulsi persists in saying that the rising of the people against him is a "war of US regime change." She praises Putin's horrific bombing of innocent civilians. She supported Obama's drone attacks even though they kill many innocents. That all makes Tulsi complicit and amoral.

-- Syria is in the midst of a civil war. It's an internal affair, a Syrian thing if u will, so yeah we should butt out. What if some foreign power had interfered in our Civil War. The Confederacy may still have slaves.

Who is Vlad bombing these daze? Receipts plz. The Yemenis ? No wait that's us

Tulsi does support "limited" use of drones, whatever limited means. Well nobody's perfect. But my guess is it's 2 avoid using ppl & endangering lives. On the whole Tulsi is anti-war & that's why the Millies like her. Afterall who is machine gun folder in these oil wars of choice? 

Eric--The impeachment process is not partisan. 

-- like hell

Eric -It was the impeachment of Bill Clinton that was that. It was that which debased impeachment. 

-- no argument there. U don't impeach over a bj

Eric-- No president has ever been more deserving of impeachment and conviction than Trump.  

--except he is not being impeached 4 any of his high crimes & misdemeanors. He is being impeached 4 going after Groper Joe. The Senate will not convict him so it is a waste of time & tax $ & it's being being used 2 hamstring Bernie & keep him off the campaign trail, which Bernie has found a way around. So yeah it is partisan & all it shows that Groper Joe is corrupt along with the Donald

Eric-- Tulsi is smart & probably prescient for not supporting it. Ms Nancy did it for political purposes. (there fixed it 4 ya Smile )

Nancy was too cowardly in her opposition to Bush, I agree, as was her caucus. Dubya was a war criminal, and funds for the war should have been cut off. As for impeachment of Trump, given the fanaticism of the mad 45%, I think it could be argued that Pelosi was wise to put off it until the evidence was solid. This was of course made more difficult by Trump's obstruction, which is greater by far than any previous president. If he is not removed from office, as seems likely given the mad 45%, then he is a mad dictator, and that's what 45% of the American people want.

-- then we need 2 vote Bernie 2 oust him in Nov don't we? Smile
Yep, you guys don't have land lines and we don't answer phones and waste time participating in polls.
Yeah, we down here get way too many phone-spams so we no longer answer unknown numbers. Look before you act you, know. Like what's this 202-xxx-xxxx number. That is not a local area code.
Or caller ID that tells us they're calling. I participated a few times way back when but the questions were to vague to give a straight answer. I think you have to be devoted enough to want to participate in them these days. Which probably explains why they're so skewed in the liberals favor these days.
(01-31-2020, 02:42 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 11:51 AM)David Horn Wrote: The real problem with Assad and Putin is how far they've taken their efforts in Syria.  They are purposely targeting hospitals and schools.  That falls solidly in the category of genocide.  Can we fix it?  I doubt it, but some incredibly strong response is needed.  Trump won't spank his buddy Vlad, but whoever replaces him needs to impose sanctions that cripple the Russian economy.  Putin is already shaky, and an economic collapse may finally get his attention.

As we've learned, the radical Islamic groups like ISIS or political remnants of dictatorships like the Baathist's that have druthers will set up shop in hospitals and schools which they know we won't just bomb like they're doing. If Putin is already shaky, then leaving it alone for now is probably best.

Ok. You've seen what happened in Egypt and you've seem what happened in Libya, do we need to see what happens in Syria  for people like  you to learn what not to do again.

Yeah, and let's not forget Nam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and I think now Nigeria of all places as other Loser propositions
we've staggered into drunk on hubris.  Of course doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity.
Well, we did manage succeed with Germany, Japan and South Korea while the GI's were still in their prime.
(01-31-2020, 05:57 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Well, we did manage succeed with Germany, Japan and South Korea while the GI's were still  in their prime.

We tried the Domino Theory after World War II.  Supposedly, you have to keep autocratic powers from expanding early.  When there are front lines, tanks, and uniforms all around, we can do well.  

Then there is an insurgency.  We don’t seem willing to field the ratio of boots on the ground to population occupied in an insurgent war, and we don’t do so well.  We should likely not try to change a foreign culture with an insufficient force, but the politicians order the poor troops to go in anyway.  The result is sometimes worse than if we didn't go in at all.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(01-31-2020, 05:57 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:51 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: As we've learned, the radical Islamic groups like ISIS or political remnants of dictatorships like the Baathist's that have druthers will set up shop in hospitals and schools which they know we won't just bomb like they're doing. If Putin is already shaky, then leaving it alone for now is probably best.

Well, we did manage succeed with Germany, Japan and South Korea while the GI's were still  in their prime.

Well, the reason we can't do that stuff isn't because Millies are messed up or anything.  You need a healthy population, and an industrial base, and public works to build infrastructure.  So I'd credit the New Deal and businesses that actually built stuff here without all the lobbying for the WW II success.  As Trump said, Make America Great Again. So yup, make America Great Again with forbidding lobbing [really corruption/bribery] and updating the New Deal. Also, Trump is right on one thing, Globalism must die before any of this can be done. Also, the US Empire has to go. There is no industrial/worker base to sustain it.
---Value Added Cool
(02-01-2020, 04:40 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Well, the reason we can't do that stuff isn't because Millies are messed up or anything.  You need a healthy population, and an industrial base, and public works to build infrastructure.  So I'd credit the New Deal and businesses that actually built stuff here without all the lobbying for the WW II success.  As Trump said, Make America Great Again. So yup, make America Great Again with forbidding lobbing [really corruption/bribery] and updating the New Deal. Also, Trump is right on one thing, Globalism must die before any of this can be done. Also, the US Empire has to go. There is no industrial/worker base to sustain it.

After World War II, America had the only intact manufacturing infrastructure. We used our leverage after World War II, forbidding closed ports on colonies in order for the US to forgive the Lend Lease and similar war policies. As that rule on closed ports was followed, colonial imperialism was finished. They couldn’t hold the manufacturing jobs to the mother country by national policy. That resulted in some golden years for the US with the only intact infrastructure and the world open to export.

At that point, the government was progressive and the labor unions at their height. The working class was able to get a maximum fraction out of the manufacturing jobs. This was in many ways when America was Great, when jobs were available, and the workers got the benefit.

Then the other countries rebuilt their factories, only newer, better, and we had to compete. We cannot expect the damage to the world’s manufacturing infrastructure or the golden years for the US to come back. Neither will a few mostly European powers gain massive economic advantage through colonial imperialism, but small loss. America also spent a huge part of their budget on the military. They fell behind most rational countries in providing benefits to the people, the better to maintain a primacy they could not keep with the rest of the worlds infrastructure rebuilt.

Later, the corporations seemed to gain supremacy over the nations. The use of cheap labor abroad and the resulting increased profits for the corporations sent the manufacturing jobs overseas. All the gains of labor bargaining and costs of guaranteed benefits tended to go away as the manufacturing jobs went abroad. The elites as owners of the corporations loved it. Those who lost jobs to overseas did not.

I don’t see how the jobs could be expected to come back, but productivity has continued to go up. A program to move money back from the elites and corporations to the people seems possible. Just go after the division of wealth. With much of labor being automated these days, there are fewer job hours to go around. All sorts of things like hours per work week, when benefits are provided and the retirement age will have to be rethought to bring things back into balance.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(01-31-2020, 01:02 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 08:49 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 03:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 09:30 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 01:03 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Bibi is not way more dangerous than Assad. Yes Bibi is corrupt as f and has nukes and has killed thousands in Gaza and the West Bank. He and Trump are busy annexing Palestine. But Bibi is not relevant to the discussion of Tulsi, Assad, Putin and Obama and Tulsi's foreign policies. You are throwing him in here, even though we don't disagree about him.

Assad is a monster who has killed 500,000 people. Tulsi doubled down on her lie during the debate we all heard, saying the Syrian civil war is a US war of regime change. She approved of Putin's bombing of innocent civilians in Syria, which is a severe war crime. She approved of Obama's drone attacks. I have posted all these facts on this thread already.

Yes, we should stay out of Syria. But we were never in Syria, never proposed to invade and never proposed to throw him out by force of arms. Tulsi said we were in Syria, quite literally. It is her fantasy, and people believe it. Giving aid to rebels rising for freedom which they ask us for is not "involvement" in the war. It is valuable assistance against a genocidal tyrant murdering his people by the hundreds of thousands. 

The War in Syria started in 2011 with the people rising up for freedom in the Arab Spring. Reports of this mass movement for freedom, and protests against Assad's do-nothing policies in response to severe climate change-imposed drought, were broadcast by AP and other legit sources all over the world. Before long Assad was running them over with tanks and bombing them, just because they spoke out. The people formed the Free Syrian Army in response and fought bravely, and were on the verge of overthrowing the monster. They asked the US for aid, but none came. So some jihadis came in to help them instead. Assad promptly branded all the rebels as terrorists, and Tulsi believed him. After chemical attacks, Obama held off on this "red line" crossing by Assad in Summer 2013 and did nothing, but a phony program overseen by Russia to remove chemical weapons was carried out in response to Obama's threats. The US finally gave the rebels some aid, but it was too little too late. Meanwhile the Russians and Iranians and Hezbollah came into Syria with guns and bombs blazing. The tide turned as Assad and Putin bombed the whole country and chased out most of its people.  Trump and western allies finally launched a few bombs on government sites in response to further chemical attacks. Nothing changed.

Assad is responsible directly for the rise of fascism in Europe and America. He didn't create it, but he mightily stoked it, by unleashing hundreds of thousands if not millions of refugees fleeing Assad into these countries. It was the justification and reason for Trump's travel bans against Muslim countries. Today's refugee crisis, of which the Syrian refugees are the largest component, is the greatest refugee crisis and mass movement of peoples ever in history, and I predicted it decades in advance for this period in history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douma_chemical_attack

What happened?

"Three months after the attack, the OPCW released its interim report into what happened in Douma. The report found no evidence of organophosphorus nerve agents like sarin either at the site or in samples from the casualties — something of a surprise, because the suspected use of sarin had been one of the justifications for American airstrikes back in April, and alleged Syrian chemical weapons facilities their primary target. But the investigators did find something else. In the aftermath of the attack, video shot by gas mask-clad activists had fastened on the two yellow gas canisters: one lying on a bed, filmed on April 8 by Douma Revolution, and the second perched on a top-floor balcony and apparently recorded the following evening by the White Helmets. The OPCW located both those cylinders, one at the apartment block and the other in a different building nearly a kilometer away. Samples collected at both locations turned up “various chlorinated organic chemicals” along with “the residues of explosive” — not quite the same thing as saying that chlorine had been used as a chemical weapon, but evidence that seemed to head in that direction. In its final report, we might expect the OPCW to make a more conclusive judgement."

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/09/doum...nce-syria/

Let's stick to facts, not fake news and propaganda from any side.

-- what fake news?

Apparently the first gas attack in 2013 was saran gas. The second was chlorine, not saran. The fake news and propaganda comes from both sides. From the rebels, that the second attack was saran. From Assad and his apologists like Tulsi that the attacks did not happen or were caused by the rebels.

The article makes my point and seeks to clear up the distortions.

-- ok l thought u were referring 2 my receipts. NYT, the AP, CNN, Newsweek r generally accepted as sources. Thanx 4 posting that article. That is what l was talking about- the Govt bombs Assad's gas warehouse then comes 2 find out there was no evidence he used sarin gas. I didn't know about the chlorine gas, only googled 4 sarin. Still they only found 2 canisters, which is 2 canisters 2 many, but it's not like Assad is spraying the whole country with chlorine gas either. 1 of them was found on a bed. What makes u think IS didn't leave it there. The RN interviewed 4 the piece claimed they only treated treated ppl 4 smoke inhalation & rocket injuries the nite of that attack. The article also said the ppl living living in Damascus were getting tired of being shot @ by rocket volleys from Douma. So it's not like Assad vs the Syrian ppl as u claim. Evidently some Syrians don't like is either.. Like l said in the other thread Eric, there r no good players in the shitshow. They're gawdawful on all sides & we should just shy out of this mess

You need to cut yourself away from Tulsi and what she says about Syria. What's this about "the IS leaving it there?" Come on, the IS is in Eastern Syria and Western Iraq, what's left of it. The IS were a group of horrific killer gangsters who seized some open, mostly-deserted territory and wrecked havoc and terror. They have nothing to do with the fight against Assad, and never did. Assad invited them in so he could blame them. Again, you believe Tulsi too much. The rebels are not IS terrorists, and no they do not use poison gas. They don't have access to such weapons. They were merely the common people of Syria defending themselves and their right to speak. They lost, for now. Assad killed them or exiled them.

It is exactly Assad vs. the Syrian people, or at least it was for several years. It's not the Syrian peoples' fault that they were bombed out of their country and are not fighting there anymore. Only a few jihadis are left in a small north-western province now, as far as I know. The Free Syrian army and their people were the good guys. Tulsi is wrong; they were the good guys and Assad and his henchmen were the bad guys. That is definite fact. Anything else is pure propaganda. I know the facts. Tulsi DOES NOT.

I know Tulsi doesn't want the US to invade Syria, or Iran. That's fine. But the US has NOT invaded Syria. The West should have helped them more, but that doesn't mean we should have sent troops or made a major bombing campaign there. On the other hand, do I care if the USA bombed some of Assad's government buildings? Would I protest? Hell no!

The first gas attack in 2013 was sarin gas. The second was not, but you can't blame the Syrian people for thinking it was. It helps to know the facts and not propaganda and delusional lies from Tulsi.

Tulsi is a liar; she doesn't deserve your support. Bernie does; Tulsi does not. Don't get them confused. I have investigated her. Her voting record is to the right of Nancy Pelosi's. She is not a true progressive. She supports Putin's bombing of hospitals and schools. She supports Obama's drone attacks. She supports the war on terror. She is a Hindu nationalist who supports Modi and opposes Islam. She considered joining Trump's gang of thieves. She failed to vote to impeach him just for political purposes. She fails to supports people rising up for freedom and calls them terrorists. Shame on her! Tulsi Gabbard is not your friend. She is falling in the polls, and has been dropped from real clear politics' polling average. She discredited herself with all who have understood who she is, which is most voters. Much already posted here.

I am against cruel dictators wherever they are, and I root for the people rising up wherever they are. I support the rebels in Hong Kong, Iran and Iraq now, and those all over South America. The USA should not invade their countries or bomb them to change their regimes for them. But if they ask the USA and The West for aid, we should consider it. Allowing genocide to happen while doing nothing is wrong. 500,000 people being killed and millions forced out into Europe and other countries by a monster for no reason is our business. We are citizens of the world, and these were my fellow humans.

Sorry we disagree. I understand your point that we should avoid wars and taking sides in internal civil wars. I was passionately opposed to the US wars in Vietnam and Iraq and the US support for the Contras in Nicaragua, and I protested and wrote congress and the president against them. I campaigned hard for McGovern in 1972. I am against regime change wars.

-- so am I, which is why l support Tulsi wanting us 2 stay out of Syria. 

sorry it's taken me so long to reply 2 your rant Eric, but l didn't see it until now, being as it's tucked in between this side conversation that has developed here. Anyhow my comments were taken from that article you posted, not from anything Tulsi said
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
(02-05-2020, 05:16 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 01:02 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 08:49 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 03:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 09:30 PM)Marypoza Wrote: -- what fake news?

Apparently the first gas attack in 2013 was saran gas. The second was chlorine, not saran. The fake news and propaganda comes from both sides. From the rebels, that the second attack was saran. From Assad and his apologists like Tulsi that the attacks did not happen or were caused by the rebels.

The article makes my point and seeks to clear up the distortions.

-- ok l thought u were referring 2 my receipts. NYT, the AP, CNN, Newsweek r generally accepted as sources. Thanx 4 posting that article. That is what l was talking about- the Govt bombs Assad's gas warehouse then comes 2 find out there was no evidence he used sarin gas. I didn't know about the chlorine gas, only googled 4 sarin. Still they only found 2 canisters, which is 2 canisters 2 many, but it's not like Assad is spraying the whole country with chlorine gas either. 1 of them was found on a bed. What makes u think IS didn't leave it there. The RN interviewed 4 the piece claimed they only treated treated ppl 4 smoke inhalation & rocket injuries the nite of that attack. The article also said the ppl living living in Damascus were getting tired of being shot @ by rocket volleys from Douma. So it's not like Assad vs the Syrian ppl as u claim. Evidently some Syrians don't like is either.. Like l said in the other thread Eric, there r no good players in the shitshow. They're gawdawful on all sides & we should just shy out of this mess

You need to cut yourself away from Tulsi and what she says about Syria. What's this about "the IS leaving it there?" Come on, the IS is in Eastern Syria and Western Iraq, what's left of it. The IS were a group of horrific killer gangsters who seized some open, mostly-deserted territory and wrecked havoc and terror. They have nothing to do with the fight against Assad, and never did. Assad invited them in so he could blame them. Again, you believe Tulsi too much. The rebels are not IS terrorists, and no they do not use poison gas. They don't have access to such weapons. They were merely the common people of Syria defending themselves and their right to speak. They lost, for now. Assad killed them or exiled them.

It is exactly Assad vs. the Syrian people, or at least it was for several years. It's not the Syrian peoples' fault that they were bombed out of their country and are not fighting there anymore. Only a few jihadis are left in a small north-western province now, as far as I know. The Free Syrian army and their people were the good guys. Tulsi is wrong; they were the good guys and Assad and his henchmen were the bad guys. That is definite fact. Anything else is pure propaganda. I know the facts. Tulsi DOES NOT.

I know Tulsi doesn't want the US to invade Syria, or Iran. That's fine. But the US has NOT invaded Syria. The West should have helped them more, but that doesn't mean we should have sent troops or made a major bombing campaign there. On the other hand, do I care if the USA bombed some of Assad's government buildings? Would I protest? Hell no!

The first gas attack in 2013 was sarin gas. The second was not, but you can't blame the Syrian people for thinking it was. It helps to know the facts and not propaganda and delusional lies from Tulsi.

Tulsi is a liar; she doesn't deserve your support. Bernie does; Tulsi does not. Don't get them confused. I have investigated her. Her voting record is to the right of Nancy Pelosi's. She is not a true progressive. She supports Putin's bombing of hospitals and schools. She supports Obama's drone attacks. She supports the war on terror. She is a Hindu nationalist who supports Modi and opposes Islam. She considered joining Trump's gang of thieves. She failed to vote to impeach him just for political purposes. She fails to supports people rising up for freedom and calls them terrorists. Shame on her! Tulsi Gabbard is not your friend. She is falling in the polls, and has been dropped from real clear politics' polling average. She discredited herself with all who have understood who she is, which is most voters. Much already posted here.

I am against cruel dictators wherever they are, and I root for the people rising up wherever they are. I support the rebels in Hong Kong, Iran and Iraq now, and those all over South America. The USA should not invade their countries or bomb them to change their regimes for them. But if they ask the USA and The West for aid, we should consider it. Allowing genocide to happen while doing nothing is wrong. 500,000 people being killed and millions forced out into Europe and other countries by a monster for no reason is our business. We are citizens of the world, and these were my fellow humans.

Sorry we disagree. I understand your point that we should avoid wars and taking sides in internal civil wars. I was passionately opposed to the US wars in Vietnam and Iraq and the US support for the Contras in Nicaragua, and I protested and wrote congress and the president against them. I campaigned hard for McGovern in 1972. I am against regime change wars.

-- so am I, which is why l support Tulsi wanting us 2 stay out of Syria. 

sorry it's taken me so long to reply 2 your rant Eric, but l didn't see it until now, being as it's tucked in between this side conversation that has developed here. Anyhow my comments were taken from that article you posted, not from anything Tulsi said

There's nothing we can do in Syria now, so Tulsi's rants are totally irrelevant. A few years ago the US could have helped the rebels for freedom with financial aid and stuff like that, but that's not "going in to Syria." There's nothing that can be done until the international powers agree to bring peace and freedom to the country and depose Assad, which would not be us (the US) not "staying out of Syria," but the world doing its job to rid the world of a horrible and deadly cancer named Assad who is directly responsible for all problems in his country, and for much going wrong in the world. Maybe it will happen, someday. But the USA can't, and should not, go it alone or with a "coalition of the willing" and try to depose Assad. Russia would be in the way anyway. And no-one is proposing this.

The Turks did an evil thing by attacking the Kurds because of an imagined danger to their country, and Trump did an evil thing by not protecting them. But the Turks are doing a good thing by stopping the monster from eating up the only free province left in Syria, and causing massive real problems for Turkey.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(01-29-2020, 11:51 AM)David Horn Wrote: The real problem with Assad and Putin is how far they've taken their efforts in Syria.  They are purposely targeting hospitals and schools.  That falls solidly in the category of genocide.  Can we fix it?  I doubt it, but some incredibly strong response is needed.  Trump won't spank his buddy Vlad, but whoever replaces him needs to impose sanctions that cripple the Russian economy.  Putin is already shaky, and an economic collapse may finally get his attention.

Each situation is different. In any case, anyone should be able to see that Classic Xer is not in possession of any facts regarding Syria. Regardless of what you think should be done or not done about Syria, it should be obvious that Classic Xer is not aware of the facts. Hospitals and schools in northwestern Syria do not have IS or Baathists setting up shop there. It is simply a case of Putin bombing innocent children while the world stands by.

Leaving Syria alone now or not is NOT a decision to make for the USA. We have no alternative now but to leave it alone now. We left the field of the proxy war, and let Putin and Assad win. So talking about whether we should leave Syria alone now or not, is ridiculously irrelevant.

The people rose up in Egypt and Libya and threw out their dictator, but revolutions often do not work, and tyranny or anarchy often results. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. That says NOTHING about US policy. THE PEOPLE made the decision to revolt; the US did not impose revolt upon them, as the US did in Iraq, and in Nam. And I protested those latter interventions by the US vigorously, so there is no meaning to Classic's phrase "people like you." On the other hand, Classic Xer supports the folks who denounced the protesters to those interventions as "un-American."

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
The best thing anyone can do to help Bernie now is for Tulsi to drop out and allow her 3% in NH and 2% in the nation to help Bernie creep into the lead, and in the long run, Tulsi can also help by not discrediting Bernie by seeking the VP nomination.

She has a lot of growing up and wising up to do before she tries to run for national office again. Like, uh, learning to read.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-05-2020, 09:01 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 06:51 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: As we've learned, the radical Islamic groups like ISIS or political remnants of dictatorships like the Baathist's that have druthers will set up shop in hospitals and schools which they know we won't just bomb like they're doing. If Putin is already shaky, then leaving it alone for now is probably best.

Each situation is different. In any case, anyone should be able to see that Classic Xer is not in possession of any facts regarding Syria. Regardless of what you think should be done or not done about Syria, it should be obvious that Classic Xer is not aware of the facts. Hospitals and schools in northwestern Syria do not have IS or Baathists setting up shop there. It is simply a case of Putin bombing innocent children while the world stands by.

Leaving Syria alone now or not is NOT a decision to make for the USA. We have no alternative now but to leave it alone now. We left the field of the proxy war, and let Putin and Assad win. So talking about whether we should leave Syria alone now or not, is ridiculously irrelevant.

The people rose up in Egypt and Libya and threw out their dictator, but revolutions often do not work, and tyranny or anarchy often results. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. That says NOTHING about US policy. THE PEOPLE made the decision to revolt; the US did not impose revolt upon them, as the US did in Iraq, and in Nam. And I protested those latter interventions by the US vigorously, so there is no meaning to Classic's phrase "people like you." On the other hand, Classic Xer supports the folks who denounced the protesters to those interventions as "un-American."

Syria went the way I expected, a huge mess. Now for Iraq, their parliament voted for the US to leave the country. This is the parliament the US I think wanted. It's democratically elected which means the US needs to follow through in following the wishes of it's own creation.

As of now, I'm fully content to let Europe suffer from this. They have the problems from refugees from here and they, like the poodles they are, joined Obama's bombing campaign. So, I say unto the EU, the time form karma is now. From now on, Libya looms into y'alls future. Choose badly, and a flood tide of refugees will follow and that will shake politics to the ground as it's already doing.

And... In the wider scene, it's the dawning of the age of Ragnarök. It's like that virus comet on the eastern horizon. This and other events will smash globalism. The times ahead require resiliency, redundancy, and short supply chains. Globalism is antithetical to all and thus its demise. Cool 

And it's now Bernie or bust. He's not perfect, but slow Joe and empty suite Buttelzub ain't for me.

As for Classic, he's voting his interests. He's a small business owner. So yeah, he's gonna vote Republican because he hates all of those forms and small business [which he is] is indeed getting screwed over by the current system.

Perhaps he'd go for stripping every tax break and subsidy for everyone. Next , insert a 0-? bracket. I can't go with ditching occupational safety though.  Falls on the job happen quite a bit. I'd guess HVAC stuff is heavy so there''s that as well.
Dunno what other paperwork stuff he has though. Essentially, it's like this. Amazon has a way lower tax rate than Classic.
---Value Added Cool
One idea missing is that the migration is allowing people with more sympathy with western values a chance to westernize by simply moving west.  It does allow a few terrorists to leak in, but for the most part those with heavy autocratic, religious and tribal values are the ones that stay behind.  The result?  The places left behind like Syria and Iraq are getting worse by reverse mitosis. The old values are slowly being concentrated.
(02-06-2020, 06:40 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: One idea missing is that the migration is allowing people with more sympathy with western values a chance to westernize by simply moving west.  It does allow a few terrorists to leak in, but for the most part those with heavy autocratic, religious and tribal values are the ones that stay behind.  The result?  The places left behind like Syria and Iraq are getting worse by reverse mitosis.  The old values are slowly being concentrated.

Excellent points, but how does that play in the long run?  After all, Afghanistan is still pretty tribal, and some of the other 'stans', even moreso.  If the educated and openminded decide to leave, does the left-behind group degrade into some pre-modern tribal state, anarchy or something else entirely?  I'll be honest here: I haven't the foggiest idea.  

We're seeing similar activity in Central America, so this isn't a Muslim thing.  Doing nothing seems cruel, but doing something stupid is probably worse.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(02-05-2020, 10:35 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 09:01 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 01:05 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: What a bunch of crazy rot, Classic.

Syria went the way I expected, a huge mess. Now for Iraq, their parliament voted for the US to leave the country. This is the parliament the US I think wanted. It's democratically elected which means the US needs to follow through in following the wishes of it's own creation.

As of now, I'm fully content to let Europe suffer from this. They have the problems from refugees from here and they, like the poodles they are, joined Obama's bombing campaign. So, I say unto the EU, the time form karma is now. From now on, Libya looms into y'alls future. Choose badly, and a flood tide of refugees will follow and that will shake politics to the ground as it's already doing.

And... In the wider scene, it's the dawning of the age of Ragnarök. It's like that virus comet on the eastern horizon. This and other events will smash globalism. The times ahead require resiliency, redundancy, and short supply chains. Globalism is antithetical to all and thus its demise. Cool 

And it's now Bernie or bust. He's not perfect, but slow Joe and empty suite Buttelzub ain't for me.

I agree on Bernie, but I don't think Slow Joe and Empty Suit Buttlezub will be a bust. If one of them is nominated, I will vote for him. Except maybe for Tulsi (and maybe not even for her), I will vote blue no matter who rather than give any comfort or quarter with my vote to Drumpface Shithead, and use it as a PROTEST against him. Vote against Frumpty Dumpty or Bust!

Plaudits to Pelosi for tearing up the tissue of lies that was his state of the union speech.

As usual, on globalism, and on some other issues, you go for your red and black catch-all extremism and cut and dried exaggeration. Globalism is basically a good thing. We are all humans on one planet, and many issues must be dealt with globally, whether it's viruses, climate change, or genocide. The virus does the opposite of smash globalism; it requires it. 

But yes, globalism can be a bad thing too. Trade policies and economic rulership by global corporations that run over the little guys and the community and allow big companies to hire cheap labor abroad, ignore safety regulations, fire their people in the USA and send their factories overseas and all. Eventually we can hope that backward countries will catch up and a level playing field may evolve, but most of the time it's better to have a reasonable system of locks for trade that levels things out rather than sacrifices our own industry, and that of other developed nations.

A truly global system of governance, balanced with full rights and powers for states and countries, a true global federalism, would help keep bad monsters like Assad or the IS from screwing up the world. The UN should be empowered to be that guardian. But right now, such world cooperation is rare, and we still have bigger monsters like Putin that back up the smaller ones. So unilateral action (or a "coalition of the willing") by the USA to defend its varied interests or impose its ambitions, values and priorities on other peoples on its own decision is bound to fail, and it's a very bad idea. The USA has indeed demonstrated hubris and self-righteousness, on a cyclic basis, as it has come to consider itself the exceptional nation whose duty is to police and liberate the world and to keep it safe for corporate greed. Bernie would be a good president to rein in these delusions, and build our foreign policy on diplomacy first, imperialism never, and using the military legally and only as a last resort. Let's hope that an imperialist like Dubya Bush never gets to reside in the White House again.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-06-2020, 11:41 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 06:40 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: One idea missing is that the migration is allowing people with more sympathy with western values a chance to westernize by simply moving west.  It does allow a few terrorists to leak in, but for the most part those with heavy autocratic, religious and tribal values are the ones that stay behind.  The result?  The places left behind like Syria and Iraq are getting worse by reverse mitosis.  The old values are slowly being concentrated.

Excellent points, but how does that play in the long run?  After all, Afghanistan is still pretty tribal, and some of the other 'stans', even moreso.  If the educated and openminded decide to leave, does the left-behind group degrade into some pre-modern tribal state, anarchy or something else entirely?  I'll be honest here: I haven't the foggiest idea.  

We're seeing similar activity in Central America, so this isn't a Muslim thing.  Doing nothing seems cruel, but doing something stupid is probably worse.

It seems to take centuries for a civilization to switch  say from Agricultural Age to Industrial Age culture.  The transitions are often ugly, with civil wars and revolutions in the west, Napoleon and Fascism in Europe, communism in Asia.

I don’t expect it to be any easier in the Middle East.  Switching from tribal, religious and autocratic systems to modern isn’t easy.  You almost have to sit back and let the holders of the old values die off.

No easy solution available.
(02-06-2020, 05:58 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(02-06-2020, 11:41 AM)David Horn Wrote:

It seems to take centuries for a civilization to switch  say from Agricultural Age to Industrial Age culture.  The transitions are often ugly, with civil wars and revolutions in the west, Napoleon and Fascism in Europe, communism in Asia.

I don’t expect it to be any easier in the Middle East.  Switching from tribal, religious and autocratic systems to modern isn’t easy.  You almost have to sit back and let the holders of the old values die off.

No easy solution available.

The Jupiter religious Blue medieval meme, the Mars imperial Red bronze age meme, and the Saturn royalist Brown renaissance meme, are all later expressions and permutations of the Venus agricultural Venus meme of the neo-lithic age. It is a big switch indeed to transition beyond all these stages to the Uranus liberal Orange modernist early-industrial age meme at one fell swoop; not to mention to transcend the Mercury tribal Purple hunter-gatherer meme too.

Of course, usually all societies have some traces of the past stages of history within them and within their peoples. But the Middle East does seem unusually backward and abundantly mired in these Tribal and Agricultural Age cultures.

It's not likely that waiting will make the transitions happen, though the die-offs could speed it along if young people there are sufficiently tuned-in via their aspirations to modern and post-modern stages. We can see how violent the change has been so far, and how cruel the resistance to it by authority. Of course, as Syria demonstrated, the upholders of the old order can simply kill the young modernists off or exile them. The effect so far has been to arouse old tribal and nationalist hatreds in the places in Europe where they have fled. Time will tell if this regressed Europe is a passing phase. But it already tore the UK apart from the EU, which could mire down the UK in economic decline and national implosion for a long time, and subject the EU to possible break-up or domination by regressive societies where hatred and autocracy are making a comeback.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
An award winning and oscar nominated documentary brings Assad's crimes to light through the story of a couple who lived through it. Tulsi's lies and her denials that these people exist cannot cover up the truth.

PBS reports:
A recent onslaught of violence in Syria’s Idlib province, the last holdout of Syrians opposed to the regime of Bashar al-Assad, has prompted condemnation from the U.S. Hundreds of thousands have been driven from their homes. The offensive comes as two films about the Syrian war are nominated for best documentary in Sunday’s Academy Awards. Nick Schifrin reports on the poignant story of “For Sama.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/acclai...syrian-war

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ac...0464860023

"We're overthrowing President Bashar, even if only on the walls.

Nick Schifrin:

The pride these Syrians felt in taking on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, and the innocence of a doctor who became an anti-regime activist, and the camerawoman who helped him.

Waad Al-Kateab:

That two years of the peaceful demonstration, it give us, like, a lot of hope. It wasn't just, like, to change our life, but also something, like, you want to change the whole world."

"the Russian air force and Syrian bombardment on Aleppo were relentless. Their hospital is purposely bombed, killing 53 of their co-workers and friends."

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-07-2020, 01:53 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: An award winning and oscar nominated documentary brings Assad's crimes to light through the story of a couple who lived through it. Tulsi's lies and her denials that these people exist cannot cover up the truth.

PBS reports:
A recent onslaught of violence in Syria’s Idlib province, the last holdout of Syrians opposed to the regime of Bashar al-Assad, has prompted condemnation from the U.S. Hundreds of thousands have been driven from their homes. The offensive comes as two films about the Syrian war are nominated for best documentary in Sunday’s Academy Awards. Nick Schifrin reports on the poignant story of “For Sama.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/acclai...syrian-war

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ac...0464860023

"We're overthrowing President Bashar, even if only on the walls.

Nick Schifrin:

The pride these Syrians felt in taking on Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, and the innocence of a doctor who became an anti-regime activist, and the camerawoman who helped him.

Waad Al-Kateab:

That two years of the peaceful demonstration, it give us, like, a lot of hope. It wasn't just, like, to change our life, but also something, like, you want to change the whole world."

"the Russian air force and Syrian bombardment on Aleppo were relentless. Their hospital is purposely bombed, killing 53 of their co-workers and friends."

-- Eric Tulsi has denounced Assad several times. She doesn't want us involved in that mess & she's right. According 2 that article u posted. It's the usual Sunni vs Shia shitshow so yeah we need 2 stay out
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart