Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Price Tracker
We used to have this on the old 4TF. I was going to continue what I had from the old series, but I can't find it. The old gas station I used for consistent pricing got replaced by a vaping store anyway, so here goes:

MAPCO at the corner of 41A and Jack Miller Boulevard, Clarksville, TN:

$1.799/10 per gallon.
In my area, gasoline prices are still running at around $3 per gallon, with no decrease from the crude price decreases.
I have seen them drop to around $1.40 in parts of southwest Michigan. Nice bargain, except that there's no place worth going.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(03-27-2020, 11:04 AM)JDG 66 Wrote: We used to have this on the old 4TF. I was going to continue what I had from the old series, but I can't find it. The old gas station I used for consistent pricing got replaced by a vaping store anyway, so here goes:

MAPCO at the corner of 41A and Jack Miller Boulevard, Clarksville, TN:

$1.799/10 per gallon.
The Old Archive is Here:

http://generationaldynamics.com/tftarchive/
Prices are determined more by state fuel tax, or lack of it, than crude oil price.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(04-07-2020, 04:04 PM)David Horn Wrote: Prices are determined more by state fuel tax, or lack of it, than crude oil price.

I live in PA and I used to work in Wilmington, DE. The difference in gas prices (DE was cheaper by 30-40 cents a gallon) was enough to justify only filling up in DE. But even here in Southeast PA the prices can vary significantly from locale to locale.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
Here's the cheapest gas near me now:

HONEYBROOK EXPRESS 2500 Conestoga Ave, Honey Brook, PA
$1.85 per gallon
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
(04-07-2020, 04:26 PM)sbarrera Wrote: [A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Brief tangent.

I sort of take the opposite tack from Hagakure.  I see the S&H Crisis sequence as solving problems that occurred commonly in the Agricultural Age, and were no longer tolerated shifting into the Industrial Age pattern.  Swapping in democracy, freeing slaves, opposing the Robber Barons, suppressing the fascists, all were good things.  Overall, I would not look back with fondness, except perhaps for the New Deal through Great Society progressive time.  Even then, the home PCs are better now, and I don't miss the live draft cards, coat hanger abortions, smelly streams, overt racism, glass ceilings, and other flaws which still existed through much of that time.  I still see a very real arrow of progress.

Making the best out of every generation I could agree with though.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(04-07-2020, 05:08 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 04:26 PM)sbarrera Wrote: [A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Brief tangent.

I sort of take the opposite tack from Hagakure.  I see the S&H Crisis sequence as solving problems that occurred commonly in the Agricultural Age, and were no longer tolerated shifting into the Industrial Age pattern.  Swapping in democracy, freeing slaves, opposing the Robber Barons, suppressing the fascists, all were good things.  Overall, I would not look back with fondness, except perhaps for the New Deal through Great Society progressive time.  Even then, the home PCs are better now, and I don't miss the live draft cards, coat hanger abortions, smelly streams, overt racism, glass ceilings, and other flaws which still existed through much of that time.  I still see a very real arrow of progress.

Making the best out of every generation I could agree with though.

I see that quote as basically saying - "you can't turn back time. You can't bring back the past." So it is a repudiation of the MAGA perspective.
Steve Barrera

Saecular Pages
(04-08-2020, 08:23 AM)sbarrera Wrote: I see that quote as basically saying - "you can't turn back time. You can't bring back the past." So it is a repudiation of the MAGA perspective.

Ah. That makes sense. Smile
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(04-07-2020, 04:26 PM)sbarrera Wrote: Here's the cheapest gas near me now:

HONEYBROOK EXPRESS 2500 Conestoga Ave, Honey Brook, PA
$1.85 per gallon

I live in central Virginia, so no racing to the border for us.  Rounding up from the ridiculous 9/10 adder, the best price for 87 octane: $1.42; for 92 octane: $2.02.  Diesel is still relatively pricey at $2.45.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lawmakers Send Newsom Bill That Could Ban Gas Generators chairb 0 645 10-21-2021, 05:27 AM
Last Post: chairb
  California to ban all new gas-powered cars by 2035 under order from Gov. Gavin Newsom girlmonday 18 4,189 03-08-2021, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Washington state introduces bill to increase state gas tax random3 0 719 02-19-2021, 03:36 AM
Last Post: random3
  City to ban natural gas hookups in new buildings by 2030: mayor random3 10 1,951 02-04-2021, 09:01 PM
Last Post: random3
  Alderman proposes higher fines, more inspections for gas stations nebraska 0 1,257 01-20-2018, 06:40 AM
Last Post: nebraska