Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New moderators
Hi, I apologize for let the forum run on auto pilot, effect immediately I have made John J. Xenakis and David Horn moderators. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to take more permanent actions.
Well, it seems that lots of unwelcome posts have disappeared.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(01-08-2021, 02:57 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Well, it seems that lots of unwelcome posts have disappeared.

Yes, but the tools are still a bit confusing.  For Spammers, it does help to ID them as such, rather than one of the other options on the Report list.  Spammers can be deleted, en masse.

Other than that, Xenakis and I will just have to learn our newly acquired craft.  FWIW, we're born 1 year apart to the day.  Beware the wrath of Aries!  Big Grin Angel
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Technically I was born when the sun was in front of Ophiuchus...
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

One thing we have learned about the Internet-a web site will soon be overwhelmed by spam without constant over watch by moderators

Thank you, moderators. This task must be less than thrilling.
(01-09-2021, 11:15 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 09:35 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 02:57 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Well, it seems that lots of unwelcome posts have disappeared.

Yes, but the tools are still a bit confusing.  For Spammers, it does help to ID them as such, rather than one of the other options on the Report list.  Spammers can be deleted, en masse.

Other than that, Xenakis and I will just have to learn our newly acquired craft.  FWIW, we're born 1 year apart to the day.  Beware the wrath of Aries!  Big Grin Angel

Glad you guys are now able to get rid of spammers. Couldnt believe it when i came back to see whats up to see mostly just spam. Aries more wrathful than scorpio out of pure curiousity?

Aries is the God of War, so there's that, and being the first sign of the zodiac, we're perpetual children as well.  That may be all it takes.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
This is great news! The spam really was getting out of control. Thank you to the new moderators.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
glad 2 see all the spam is gone. Have fun John & David
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart
(01-29-2021, 09:45 PM)Marypoza Wrote: glad 2 see all the spam is gone. Have fun John & David

The true saviors of this website.
(01-30-2021, 09:11 AM)beechnut79 Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 09:45 PM)Marypoza Wrote: glad 2 see all the spam is gone. Have fun John & David

The true saviors of this website.

Can't claim messiah status, and the fun is ????, but keeping this place functional has it's rewards.
** 01-Feb-2021 World View: Saviors

(01-29-2021, 09:45 PM)Marypoza Wrote: > glad 2 see all the spam is gone. Have fun John & David

(01-30-2021, 09:11 AM)beechnut79 Wrote: > The true saviors of this website.

David Horn is doing most of the work (having most of the fun??), but
it's nice to see the forum thriving again.