Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millennials Have Cooled on Hillary Clinton, Forcing a Campaign Reset
http://www.wsj.com/articles/millennials-...1474038301

Quote:Hillary Clinton’s once-commanding lead among young voters has nearly collapsed, several polls show, a factor making the presidential race much closer in recent weeks and prompting the Clinton campaign to move quickly to keep a core Democratic constituency in the fold.

In its most visible response, the campaign has begun sending the party’s most popular stars to college campuses to urge students not to sit out the election or back third-party candidates, who are drawing support from young voters.

“Elections aren’t just about who votes, but who doesn’t vote, and that is especially true for young people like all of you,’’ first lady Michelle Obama said Friday during a campaign event at a university in Virginia, a battleground state where polls show the race tightening....    http://www.wsj.com/articles/millennials-...1474038301
(09-17-2016, 11:23 AM)Dan Wrote: http://www.wsj.com/articles/millennials-...1474038301

Quote:Hillary Clinton’s once-commanding lead among young voters has nearly collapsed, several polls show, a factor making the presidential race much closer in recent weeks and prompting the Clinton campaign to move quickly to keep a core Democratic constituency in the fold.

In its most visible response, the campaign has begun sending the party’s most popular stars to college campuses to urge students not to sit out the election or back third-party candidates, who are drawing support from young voters.

https://theintercept.com/2016/07/25/robe...y-clinton/

It looks like Millies have gotten wise to Hillary's rat's nest of neoCON supporters who want to draft them into their wars of choice. Cool

I'm already way past draft age, but have 5 Millie nephews to look after amongst other reasons I don't like Cankles
Clinton.   Anyone But Clinton is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3.
---Value Added Cool
(09-17-2016, 08:38 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 11:23 AM)Dan Wrote: http://www.wsj.com/articles/millennials-...1474038301

It looks like Millies have gotten wise to Hillary's rat's nest of neoCON supporters who want to draft them into their wars of choice. Cool

They'll have to get past Hillary....
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
"The world we confront is too perilous and too complex to have as president a man who believes he, and he alone, has all the answers and has no need to listen to anyone ... At least on national security, I believe Mr. Trump is beyond repair. He is stubbornly uninformed about the world and how to lead our country and government, and temperamentally unsuited to lead our men and women in uniform. He is unqualified and unfit to be commander-in-chief."

-- Robert Gates
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

To have Trump as president, would be about as bad as having Terrormarie as president.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-18-2016, 08:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: To have Trump as president, would be about as bad as having Terrormarie as president.

Who is "Terrormarie"?
(09-19-2016, 04:17 PM)The Wonkette Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 08:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: To have Trump as president, would be about as bad as having Terrormarie as president.

Who is "Terrormarie"?

Oh Eric has found a millennial on the music thread who disagrees with him. He has thus found it suitable to label her a terrorist. Rolleyes

The last gasp of a dying generation. I wouldn't pay it much attention. You will be seeing that label thrown around a lot more often over the next few years.
The single despot stands out in the face of all men, and says: I am the State: My will is law: I am your master: I take the responsibility of my acts: The only arbiter I acknowledge is the sword: If any one denies my right, let him try conclusions with me. -- Lysander Spooner
(09-19-2016, 05:11 PM)Copperfield Wrote:
(09-19-2016, 04:17 PM)The Wonkette Wrote:

Who is "Terrormarie"?

Oh Eric has found a millennial on the music thread who disagrees with him. He has thus found it suitable to label her a terrorist. Rolleyes

The last gasp of a dying generation. I wouldn't pay it much attention. You will be seeing that label thrown around a lot more often over the next few years.

No, it's the quality of her posts that is the question, and her unprovoked attacks on me. I have never put you or Classic Xer on ignore. Disagreement is rarely a basis for insults or ignoring what is said. Boomers are not the dying generation, yet. That's the Silents and GIs, in general that is. "Terrormarie" was the name for her given to me by, Terrormarie. Of course, I have made variations on it too.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Guys could you try to cool it with the personal insult. I'd rather not issue warnings to anyone.
OK, I'm aware.

I notice here that some Millennials are more liable to lose their cool and be rather "mercurial," which is a well-known term derived from astrology. Mercury rules air sign Gemini, and I have linked civic generations to the air element. That's one way in which Gen Xers are better, in my opinion, than millennials. But that's an over-generalization; there's plenty of cool-headed millennials who are great with intellectual activities and networking.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-17-2016, 08:38 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

I'm already way past draft age, but have 5 Millie nephews to look after amongst other reasons I don't like Cankles
Clinton.   Anyone But Clinton is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3.

Rags,

NeoCons see the world as a chess game and work within institutional frameworks to play that game (e.g., Bush getting the Congressional authorization and a UN resolution).  One may despise the objective of their game, but one can work against it within that framework (e.g. call your Congressional critter, protest).

That is not Trump's way.  He has made clear he is willing to do war crimes, kill families of terrorists, expropriate the winnings of war (just how many boots on the ground do you think it would take to keep shipping oil from Iraq fields to Houston ports???), and use nukes.  He's not bright nor educated about much beyond real estate - Putin will make him his bitch.  That would be bad enough, but eventually even Trump will figure out he is being dominated - what do you think his reaction will be?  Even if there is time to call your Congressional critter or protest, Trump has made it clear that he will not care other than to shut down the press and any protests - Putin is his model.

The NeoCons are not against Trump because of their usual idiocy of pushing US hegemony.   They're against him because they are just smart enough to be terrified of the risk he poses for all human life on the planet.  If you think about that, it should terrify you as well.

As I've said elsewhere, there is a cycle in the US electorate whereby the luxury of Democrats in charge and bringing a relatively sane world lulls people into forgetfulness and focusing on relatively puny issues - and they wind up actually re-electing the GOP back into office and inevitably come to remember how badly the Right  Fs them each and every time.  One would have thought GW Bush's latest GOP disaster would have broken the cycle, but instead, we're about to elect a dangerous con man that will make what George did just a footnote. And yea, a big part of this cycle is new voters, this time the Millies, never having experienced, as adults, the big FU, from the GOP in charge.

I think you should print out your post here;  I think all Hillary haters should find something they've  written as well and print it out and store it somewhere safe.  Keep it as a reminder of how F'ing forgetful you were and the consequences.  Be honest and show it to the kids and grandkids and explain your forgetfulness and its consequences - maybe they will be the ones to break the cycle of stupid.
Take this notion -

[Image: trumpbirthcenter915.png?1474339130]

and apply to geopolitics to see what you get.

Maybe - Rags lifting the door from his fallout shelter, looking around at nuclear winter, and being happy that there are no more Clintons, neoCons, or well, just about anyone else in the world to play geopolitics.
playwirte Wrote:Rags,

NeoCons see the world as a chess game and work within institutional frameworks to play that game (e.g., Bush getting the Congressional authorization and a UN resolution).  One may despise the objective of their game, but one can work against it within that framework (e.g. call your Congressional critter, protest).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_America_Made

Uh, Robert Kagan's dropping acid or something. He's almost as delusional as Trump.  I didn't know acid flashbacks were for real until this year.

Here's what Hillary needs to do.
1. Buy a pair of steel toed boots.
2. Use them to kick all neoCONS out on the street.

Quote:That is not Trump's way.  He has made clear he is willing to do war crimes, kill families of terrorists, expropriate the winnings of war (just how many boots on the ground do you think it would take to keep shipping oil from Iraq fields to Houston ports???), and use nukes.  He's not bright nor educated about much beyond real estate - Putin will make him his bitch.  That would be bad enough, but eventually even Trump will figure out he is being dominated - what do you think his reaction will be?  Even if there is time to call your Congressional critter or protest, Trump has made it clear that he will not care other than to shut down the press and any protests - Putin is his model.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sp...SKCN0X600H
Oh, I really feel relieved now.  OK, gotcha.  I'll change my game plan as such.
1.  Gridlock is Good.  If the current Republican trend hold for the House and Senate, then getting Hillary as Prez would work.  I can live with 1990's gridlock just fine.
2. From the article above, it looks like incompetence of the MIC should also work in what I desire. So , Russia sanctions = no missiles for military satellite launches. 

3. "Senator John McCain, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, is pushing to end U.S. dependence on Russian engines used by United Launch Alliance to power its Atlas 5 rockets."  

Yup, McCain.  Newsflash man.  Neoliberal economic policy's gonna fuck yer NeoCON wishes sometime.
abcnews.go.com/Blotter/counterfeit-chinese-parts-slipping-us-military-aircraft-senate/story?id=16403599

The NeoCons are not against Trump because of their usual idiocy of pushing US hegemony.   They're against him because they are just smart enough to be terrified of the risk he poses for all human life on the planet.  If you think about that, it should terrify you as well.

Quote:As I've said elsewhere, there is a cycle in the US electorate whereby the luxury of Democrats in charge and bringing a relatively sane world lulls people into forgetfulness and focusing on relatively puny issues - and they wind up actually re-electing the GOP back into office and inevitably come to remember how badly the Right  Fs them each and every time.  One would have thought GW Bush's latest GOP disaster would have broken the cycle, but instead, we're about to elect a dangerous con man that will make what George did just a footnote.  And yea, a big part of this cycle is new voters, this time the Millies, never having experienced, as adults, the big FU, from the GOP in charge.

I think you should print out your post here;  I think all Hillary haters should find something they've  written as well and print it out and store it somewhere safe.  Keep it as a reminder of how F'ing forgetful you were and the consequences.  Be honest and show it to the kids and grandkids and explain your forgetfulness and its consequences - maybe they will be the ones to break the cycle of stupid.

I feel better now playwrite.  Thank you for getting me to search for alternative memes to go by.  Widespread incompetence will be the thing that shreds neoCON adventurism to itty bitty pieces from this time forward.  I'll toss a vote for Hillary as a proxy for a vote for gridlock.  I Heart  it, man. Cool

PS
I'll vote for the manipulator so I can do my part to manipulate actual actions to gridlock.

So, now, do you want me to be your neighbor?

---Value Added Cool
Rags: "1. Gridlock is Good. If the current Republican trend hold for the House and Senate, then getting Hillary as Prez would work. I can live with 1990's gridlock just fine. "

Depend on the neo-con Republicans to block Hillary from acting in the sphere where they can't block her anyway (foreign affairs)? No, won't work. All Republicans should be kicked out by the people wearing silver boots. Kick em out, and make it hurt! Bad!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Interesting personal message from a '68 radical to today's progressive millenials.

http://www.vox.com/2016/9/21/12987108/sa...n-humphrey
Great article. It could serve as an antidote for those millennials and Xers who see boomers only as corrupt and compromised authority figures who don't have a clue about life. No, the boomers of yesterday (1968) were much like the millennials of today (2016). And some of them made the same mistake as millennials might make this year. We got fooled again. The Revolution failed, and The Devil was triumphant, just like in the iconic Goya paintings depicting the same failures of the first Revolution.

quote:

Some supporters of Bernie Sanders seem intent on making the same mistakes we did in that fateful year of 1968. Some of the pioneering, innovative protesters who have created Black Lives Matter seem to share our 1968 disdain for electoral politics, as if elections and who is in power could be ignored in the struggle for profound social change.

Others, the perpetual Hillary haters of the left, once again suffer from a profound failure of imagination. Unable to imagine how bad it could become, they preach about refusing to be forced again to “settle for the lesser of two evils.”

Young people may play a pivotal role in this election. For the very first time, “millennials” now are as large a group of potential voters as my tired generation, the baby boomers. The pool of younger voters is also far to the left of the older voters. The young once again have a moral passion that could produce real change.

But there is a world of difference between pools of potential voters and actual voters. Whether young voters will actually vote this November, and whom they will vote for if they do vote, is still very much up in the air.

SOME SUPPORTERS OF BERNIE SANDERS SEEM INTENT ON MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES WE DID IN THAT FATEFUL YEAR OF 1968
Some Sanders supporters still say they will stay home. What is currently altering the dynamics of the race and whittling down Clinton’s lead is the attraction of younger voters to the third-party candidates, Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Jill Stein. Where Obama in 2012 received 60 percent of voters under 30, when Johnson and Stein are included in the polls, Clinton is receiving only 31 percent of those voters. A significant group of Sanders supporters cannot bring themselves to support Clinton, the candidate of the establishment, no matter what the threat from Trump and no matter how hard Bernie campaigns for her.

A recent YouGov poll shows only 60 percent of Sanders supporters choosing Clinton, with Jill Stein getting 11 percent and Johnson getting 6 percent and many still undecided. If Clinton could get 80 percent of the Bernie voters to support her, she would be back at her comfortable lead of early August. As pollsters turn to quizzing the smaller pool of “likely voters,” many of the groups that most oppose Trump diminish, as so many of those people do not actually make it to the polls.

The one irreducible fact of this bizarre election is this: The only way Donald Trump does not become president of the United States is if Hillary Clinton does. In any closely contested state, staying home or voting for a third-party candidate is, in its impact, a vote for Trump. It does not take a great leap of moral or political imagination to envision the damage a Trump presidency will bring to our nation and to the world.

The support for Sanders among younger voters, the organizers of the Black Lives Matters movement, and the urgent efforts of climate change activists, all led by young people, are all good signs and potentially powerful forces for change.

I only hope that our peculiarly American penchant for historical amnesia will not stop our new young leaders from learning from the mistakes of those of us who have gone before.

unquote

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-21-2016, 01:29 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Rags: "1.  Gridlock is Good.  If the current Republican trend hold for the House and Senate, then getting Hillary as Prez would work.  I can live with 1990's gridlock just fine. "

Depend on the neo-con Republicans to block Hillary from acting in the sphere where they can't block her anyway (foreign affairs)? No, won't work. All Republicans should be kicked out by the people wearing silver boots. Kick em out, and make it hurt! Bad!

It depends.  The house could, if it wanted to, can just defund anything it wanted to. As for neoCONS of either party, I think they agree to the same madness.
Since neoCONs , vile birds of a feather flock together, regardless of party should, for the benefit of mankind, should be spayed or neutered. Cool

Such a spay/neuter program is for the future betterment of mankinds' lot on earth, man Big Grin

As for gridlock, my plan is for Hillery to do the only thing I can think of that's worth a fuck, that is to gridlock the Republicans since I expect them to be majorities in both houses. IOW, I'm not voting for her, just voting for gridlock. Since it's a pox on both parties, I just want 4 years of nothing happening. In another 8 years, I'll be 62 and can just opt out even more.

---Value Added Cool
(09-20-2016, 08:46 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
playwirte Wrote:Rags,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World_America_Made

Uh, Robert Kagan's dropping acid or something. He's almost as delusional as Trump.  I didn't know acid flashbacks were for real until this year.

Here's what Hillary needs to do.
1. Buy a pair of steel toed boots.
2. Use them to kick all neoCONS out on the street.

Quote:That is not Trump's way.  He has made clear he is willing to do war crimes, kill families of terrorists, expropriate the winnings of war (just how many boots on the ground do you think it would take to keep shipping oil from Iraq fields to Houston ports???), and use nukes.  He's not bright nor educated about much beyond real estate - Putin will make him his bitch.  That would be bad enough, but eventually even Trump will figure out he is being dominated - what do you think his reaction will be?  Even if there is time to call your Congressional critter or protest, Trump has made it clear that he will not care other than to shut down the press and any protests - Putin is his model.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-sp...SKCN0X600H
Oh, I really feel relieved now.  OK, gotcha.  I'll change my game plan as such.
1.  Gridlock is Good.  If the current Republican trend hold for the House and Senate, then getting Hillary as Prez would work.  I can live with 1990's gridlock just fine.
2. From the article above, it looks like incompetence of the MIC should also work in what I desire. So , Russia sanctions = no missiles for military satellite launches. 

3. "Senator John McCain, chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, is pushing to end U.S. dependence on Russian engines used by United Launch Alliance to power its Atlas 5 rockets."  

Yup, McCain.  Newsflash man.  Neoliberal economic policy's gonna fuck yer NeoCON wishes sometime.
abcnews.go.com/Blotter/counterfeit-chinese-parts-slipping-us-military-aircraft-senate/story?id=16403599

Quote:As I've said elsewhere, there is a cycle in the US electorate whereby the luxury of Democrats in charge and bringing a relatively sane world lulls people into forgetfulness and focusing on relatively puny issues - and they wind up actually re-electing the GOP back into office and inevitably come to remember how badly the Right  Fs them each and every time.  One would have thought GW Bush's latest GOP disaster would have broken the cycle, but instead, we're about to elect a dangerous con man that will make what George did just a footnote.  And yea, a big part of this cycle is new voters, this time the Millies, never having experienced, as adults, the big FU, from the GOP in charge.

I feel better now playwrite.  Thank you for getting me to search for alternative memes to go by.  Widespread incompetence will be the thing that shreds neoCON adventurism to itty bitty pieces from this time forward.  I'll toss a vote for Hillary as a proxy for a vote for gridlock.  I Heart  it, man. Cool

PS
I'll vote for the manipulator so I can do my part to manipulate actual actions to gridlock.

So, now, do you want me to be your neighbor?

They're not going to be able to gridlock her nomination(s) to the SCOTUS.  And that, my dear friend, will change everything.
(09-18-2016, 08:25 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: To have Trump as president, would be about as bad as having Terrormarie as president.

What is "Terrormarie"?
(09-21-2016, 11:27 AM)playwrite Wrote:

Uh, still, ya wannna be my neighbor?

They're not going to be able to gridlock her nomination(s) to the SCOTUS.  And that, my dear friend, will change everything.

As long as we don't get corporate shills there, I'm content.  As far as neoCONs are concerned, like I said before, your post led me to information that indicates that neoCONs are pretty damn clueless on one end and free traders are making their situation worse by allowing weapons parts to be sourced from Russia and China. Big Grin   On top of that, our warfare woo-woos have their own corruption/incompetence nexus:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/09/1...474120760/

If GM or the suchlike had this sort of problem, they'd get their ass sued. However since we're talking about the defense department, no lawsuits, no clawbacks, nosiree. Cool

So there you have it, who needs enemies when you have a bunch of fuckwits running the Pentagram.
---Value Added Cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great Reset is not a "Conspiracy Theory" JasonBlack 3 1,024 06-13-2022, 04:11 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Will Millennials fulfill their "civic" role and vote in midterms? Eric the Green 1 655 04-02-2022, 08:16 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Grimes, the Great Reset and "capitalist communism" Einzige 1 1,347 06-06-2021, 09:27 AM
  Kerry reveals Biden's devotion to radical 'Great Reset' movement random3 4 1,437 02-16-2021, 07:15 PM
Last Post: random3
  What if the FBI is on to Hillary Clinton? nebraska 0 1,054 01-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Africans are being sold at Libyan slave markets. Thanks, Hillary Clinton. nebraska 0 1,182 12-31-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Hillary Clinton is honest and trustworthy Eric the Green 218 162,143 05-31-2017, 02:25 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Trump taps campaign aide Stephen Miller as senior adviser Dan '82 1 1,496 12-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Bill Clinton's lonely, one-man effort to win white working-class voters Dan '82 1 1,906 11-13-2016, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Yes, Hillary Clinton is still winning. And yes, the media is lying to you. naf140230 25 13,240 09-30-2016, 07:27 AM