Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importation of inapt life forms as ecological disaster
(05-21-2016, 12:27 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Those Nile Crocs are not exactly new.  They escaped from the Miami zoo during Hurricane Andrew and migrated down to the Glades.  There is no mystery for anyone whose lived in Florida any length of time to know why Nile crocs showed up.

Zoo + Category 5 hurricane = Nile Crocs in the glades.

As for exotic reptiles from the pet trade ending up places they don't belong...look no further than the Burmese Python epidemic.  I killed three this past year.  I'm unsure if they are edible, but they don't belong in my hunting swamp.

Good update. Nile crocs and Burmese pythons do not belong in Florida. The American alligator, the Florida crocodile, the black bear, and the Florida panther are all dangerous enough -- and native to Florida.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Importation of inapt life forms as ecological disaster - by pbrower2a - 05-21-2016, 08:09 PM