Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the authors' charts
(07-17-2016, 11:06 AM)Remy Renault Wrote: But to what extent does it all just become self-fulfilling prophecy? Aren't you just better served pursuing your goals and not allowing the stars to dictate when you'll reach fulfillment?
I do have problems with using astrology to make personal predictions. Of course that's what most people think it's for, and ask astrologers for. "Development psychologists" also claim to lay down a pattern of when all people go through all the same phases. Nonsense.

A personal chart is a mirror of your soul. For those who want a more intimate knowledge of the personal tendencies and aptitudes they have, it's a great tool. But it can be a problem if people think you have to be limited by what the chart says. There's no basis for conceiving such limits. But it can offer clues about what your real goals actually are, and the best paths to follow. If you are sure about this, no need to consult your chart. But for people who are confused and disoriented, it helps to know that your own personal purpose in life is actually cosmically and divinely-given, not arbitrary.

Quote: I have Saturn retrograde in Sagittarius, which suggests no early life success. I'm 27, and predictably, I have plenty of old classmates from both high school and college with the same placement who are doing just fine. So maybe it's all nonsense or many astrologers misinterpret what certain placements actually mean. I have no idea.

It's not nonsense, of course Smile Astrology works, and it harmonizes with modern physics and psychology too.

But certainly astrologers misinterpret. That one about Saturn retrograde would be a lulu. Saturn is retrograde for over a third of the year, every year. There's no way everyone born in an over 4 month period every year would have "no early life success." Any "astrologer" who says that, would be about as much an astrologer as Donald Trump is a potential president. Sometimes because astrology has a bad reputation, as if only dumb people would pursue it, it can attract some people who think they can get away with any level of stupidity in using it. As for example, dumb thinking like that. But actually astrology is the most venerable science there is, and it takes skill and intelligence to use it correctly.

But I would read up on the Saturn Return, which you are approaching. It's nothing to fear, but it might help to know what kind of phase it is, so you can make the best use of it you can. Google it; there's good articles on it.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
the authors' charts - by Eric the Green - 05-26-2016, 01:59 PM
RE: the authors' charts - by Remy Renault - 07-16-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: the authors' charts - by Eric the Green - 07-16-2016, 10:37 AM
RE: the authors' charts - by Remy Renault - 07-16-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: the authors' charts - by Odin - 07-16-2016, 01:22 PM
RE: the authors' charts - by Eric the Green - 07-16-2016, 11:12 AM
RE: the authors' charts - by Eric the Green - 07-16-2016, 04:58 PM
RE: the authors' charts - by Remy Renault - 07-16-2016, 07:19 PM