Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(11-11-2016, 02:03 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 06:52 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 05:47 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'm not fighting with Bob. I pointed out to Bob where his partisan views of me were way off again. I associate Bob with a party that regularly engages, encourages, supports and allows the use of anti-white sentiment. The Democrats aren't very smart people. Smart people don't do or allow stupid shit that creates a bigger issue for themselves. Are Democrats capable of pulling their heads out of their asses and using them as intended. We'll see.

I don't see myself as anti-white.  I am white.  I associate with whites.  Remember how during the election Trump pointed out a black guy at one of his rallies?  I can't do this at the moment.  I'm somewhat reclusive, have a small number of close friends and social groups...  Oh.  Wait.  One of the gamers in my Pathfinder RPG circle is black!  I guess I'm at least as integrated as Trump.  I can point at a black person too!  I guess I forgot as her skin pigmentation just doesn't matter to the group at all.  Not a whit.

But I'm not anti-white.  I'm anti-bigot.  It seems to me that many among the Trump deplorables have difficulty distinguishing between the two.  I favor equality, civility, mutual respect, and much else mentioned among Jefferson's self evident truths.  These are core values.  As is typical of humans, I get intense and emotional about defending and advocating my core values.

It is quite possible to dislike racists without disliking whites.  Deplorables might not be able to see this.  Some are so obsessed with the black-white conflict that it becomes us or them at a primal level.

Anyway, in many respects, don't expect Democrats to always be logical and rational.  They have core values that aren't going to shift.  They see the world from a different angle.  They do not see striving for equality, harmony and inclusiveness as stupid.  They are more apt to see it as virtue.  This in the short turn my lead to conflict, but sometimes conflict is appropriate or necessary.

This conflicts unfortunately. They will not listen if you call them names. They do not see it as respectful, civil and showing mutual respect. It is not the right way of going about the issue and it does not show to them you stand by your word that you are civil and show respect. I put a list up here of ways that you can though.

OK, I might have misremembered, but wasn't it Civic who claimed the title 'deplorable' is considered a title of pride among certain groups of people?  Also, 'deplorable' is becoming a code word for 'racist', those who believe white male protestants have a superior place in the world and should be able to harass and insult without hindrance from those promoting political correctness.  Is there a proper politically correct yet descriptive word or phrase for such people that isn't insulting?  Should there be such a word or phrase?  Could you suggest such a word or phrase?

Not all Republicans belong to this class.  One can advocate supply side economics without advocating insulting abusive prejudicial behavior and vice versa.  I disagree with both, but I disagree with supply side in an intellectual way, while the other is a more emotional values driven thing.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,905 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,611 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,626 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,901 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,838 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,269 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,663 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,105 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green