Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're settling on a name for New Artists once and for all!
(02-05-2021, 09:55 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 02:26 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 11:49 AM)Camz Wrote: I like the "Masked Generation" and "Gen Alpha", which Blazkovitz suggested to me.

I'm coming around to the Masked generation for the new Silents, not just because of the face masks, but also because of social media censorship and self censorship.  Alphas are the new Idealist generation; they have most likely not even started to be born yet.

I'll keep using "Zoomers" as a transitional phrase for a transitional generation.

Gen Z is the new artist generation, which started being born around 2003; Gen Alpha will begin a new letter cycle as a prophet gen. It will start coming around 2025. One letter per one whole generation, please! Gen Z could be "zoomers." I don't think naming a generation after the pandemic is wise for a whole generation yet. This Crisis may pass in a few months, while the great American divide persists and has persisted. It IS the Crisis/4T. But we'll see soon. Also, the Crisis was going on for a while before the pandemic showed up. But "Zoomers" might work if the pandemic persists, applied to at least a sub-generation: meaning those in school whose upbringing and education has been so distorted by the pandemic.

People here are often too hasty to decide on names for generations and turnings based only on current events. A long-term view is needed for this.

These new Artists may be something else entirely. They may be a Bridge Generation. It's hard to know at this point, so names will have to wait for awhile.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: We're settling on a name for New Artists once and for all! - by David Horn - 02-06-2021, 08:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the new artists Eric the Green 2 4,134 09-26-2016, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Odin