Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're settling on a name for New Artists once and for all!
https://forms.gle/w1NwWwda5ei5aVor9

Here's a link to a form I made. Leave all your suggestions and ideas, on the form and on this thread if you want, who knows one might stick forever. That would be nice.
(01-14-2021, 05:09 PM)Camz Wrote: https://forms.gle/w1NwWwda5ei5aVor9

Here's a link to a form I made. Leave all your suggestions and ideas, on the form and on this thread if you want, who knows one might stick forever. That would be nice.

I'm sticking by 'the Masked generation'.  It is a nice parallel to the Silent and represents how they are the one generation whose needs and experience have been overlooked in the current Crisis in favor of their elders.
I don't think we can settle until after the crisis war.

My 12 year old is using Zoomer too, so I am starting to use that, along with "new Silents".  I continue to believe Zoomers are a transition between Millenial and new Silent, though.
I mean cute post but this has been decided already. The name is Zoomers. Its done. Go ask the GenZ reddit (I did). A month ago I hung out with a 15 year old cousin i hadn't seen in like a decade and he called himself a Zoomer outright.
Me and others in the Fourth Turning community disagree with that name, "Gen Z". There are so many flaws with it I don't know where to begin. From the lazy name to inaccurate dates that fail to take into account their historical relationship with the turnings and with other generations well. I agree with Warrren Dew- I prefer calling Zoomers the transition between Millennials and my generation.

I like the "Masked Generation" and "Gen Alpha", which Blazkovitz suggested to me. They're at least better than Gen Z. I have suggested "Quarantine Generation" in the past, but it's a mouthful so I'm not gonna stand by it.

Though it will be easier to come up with something more accurate after the Crisis War. As long as we collectively replace Gen Z with something better, I'm cool with that.
You disagree with the name Zoomers? Thats the name.

Generation Alpha are the ones being born after the crisis.

I got Howe on Twitter to respond to me with a new name he said "Quaranteens" lol, but you can't define a generation around just one of its historic moments . Even the GI Generation had more than WWII in the name due to the GI Bill being so important to their success.
(01-16-2021, 11:49 AM)Camz Wrote: I have suggested "Quarantine Generation" in the past, but it's a mouthful so I'm not gonna stand by it.

Quarantine makes sense as a theme - not just covid quarantine, but also social media quarantine in general.
See, I think the name "Zoomers" itself also captures the "quarantine" part of "quarantine generation" - which is to say, Zoom, the videoconferencing software that has accidentally become the de facto standard for such things as online classes.
(01-16-2021, 11:49 AM)Camz Wrote: I like the "Masked Generation" and "Gen Alpha", which Blazkovitz suggested to me.

I'm coming around to the Masked generation for the new Silents, not just because of the face masks, but also because of social media censorship and self censorship.  Alphas are the new Idealist generation; they have most likely not even started to be born yet.

I'll keep using "Zoomers" as a transitional phrase for a transitional generation.
(02-05-2021, 02:26 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-16-2021, 11:49 AM)Camz Wrote: I like the "Masked Generation" and "Gen Alpha", which Blazkovitz suggested to me.

I'm coming around to the Masked generation for the new Silents, not just because of the face masks, but also because of social media censorship and self censorship.  Alphas are the new Idealist generation; they have most likely not even started to be born yet.

I'll keep using "Zoomers" as a transitional phrase for a transitional generation.

Gen Z is the new artist generation, which started being born around 2003; Gen Alpha will begin a new letter cycle as a prophet gen. It will start coming around 2025. One letter per one whole generation, please! Gen Z could be "zoomers." I don't think naming a generation after the pandemic is wise for a whole generation yet. This Crisis may pass in a few months, while the great American divide persists and has persisted. It IS the Crisis/4T. But we'll see soon. Also, the Crisis was going on for a while before the pandemic showed up. But "Zoomers" might work if the pandemic persists, applied to at least a sub-generation: meaning those in school whose upbringing and education has been so distorted by the pandemic.

People here are often too hasty to decide on names for generations and turnings based only on current events. A long-term view is needed for this.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(02-05-2021, 09:55 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-05-2021, 02:26 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:

Gen Z is the new artist generation, which started being born around 2003; Gen Alpha will begin a new letter cycle as a prophet gen. It will start coming around 2025. One letter per one whole generation, please! Gen Z could be "zoomers." I don't think naming a generation after the pandemic is wise for a whole generation yet. This Crisis may pass in a few months, while the great American divide persists and has persisted. It IS the Crisis/4T. But we'll see soon. Also, the Crisis was going on for a while before the pandemic showed up. But "Zoomers" might work if the pandemic persists, applied to at least a sub-generation: meaning those in school whose upbringing and education has been so distorted by the pandemic.

People here are often too hasty to decide on names for generations and turnings based only on current events. A long-term view is needed for this.

These new Artists may be something else entirely. They may be a Bridge Generation. It's hard to know at this point, so names will have to wait for awhile.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
I'm just saying, my Zoomer prediction will age very well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the new artists Eric the Green 2 4,118 09-26-2016, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Odin