Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moral vignette test
(03-02-2021, 04:07 AM)Captain Genet Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 08:44 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: If you are center-right, isn't that pretty traditionalist? Not to those extremes, but tending toward stability and status quo even though moderately-open to some change, that describes "center-right."
IMO traditionalism means religion, ethnocentrism and no diversity of food styles, fashion, architecture, etc. If cultural stability is based on rational thinking, I don't call it traditionalism. I am open to some change if it is constructive. Change for change's sake isn't a good thing. And some changes you promote, like legalizing drugs, isn't actually progressive but going back to the era of magicians and shamans.

Though unless you came up with your worldview totally alone, you are a traditionalist too. You are a follower of the tradition of Inclusivism, or social freedom as you call it.

Quote:Is this test based on terms invented and described by Jonathon Haidt? Seeing the word "sanctity" immediately calls him to mind.

I think it's a derivation of Haidt's original system, which had 5 moral foundations.

Well, Bill Genet the Piper, you are not the pied piper for me Smile

I suppose traditionalism can be defined that way, as well as defined also as upholding the traditional views of preserving the political status quo, as I think. Cultural traditionalism, in other words. Inclusivism fits me fine, but this "tradition" did not really exist much before the romantics came along in modern times since the Revolution, except for maybe among the Anabaptists and Levellers and maybe the early Christians.

Going back to magicians and shamans would be great, if updated; after all, cultural evolution has taken us beyond the oldest traditions in these fields. Shamanism and Magic are eternal practices and abilities, but not visible to many of you born at the opposite point on the cycle from the most-inspired cusp of artist-prophet, and lost within the secular saecular realms of traditional rationalism and tech worship. Today, these magical methods even blend with those of modern science and reason. Legalizing drugs and replacing jails with treatment centers and consciousness-expansion centers would be great, yes, and would handle the problem so much better than your repressive methods. 

But, so goes the cycle. We need you guys too.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Moral vignette test - by Captain Genet - 02-26-2021, 03:49 AM
RE: Moral vignette test - by David Horn - 02-26-2021, 09:47 AM
RE: Moral vignette test - by pbrower2a - 02-26-2021, 02:05 PM
RE: Moral vignette test - by Captain Genet - 02-27-2021, 06:09 AM
RE: Moral vignette test - by Eric the Green - 03-01-2021, 08:44 PM
RE: Moral vignette test - by Captain Genet - 03-02-2021, 04:07 AM
RE: Moral vignette test - by Eric the Green - 03-02-2021, 04:24 PM