The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I think a 1981 start date for Millies/Heroes can work
Note: Some of these reasons may be not as important as others/arbitrary.

1. First to be born after Reagan got elected

I've heard some people say that 3T began when Reagan got elected on November 4, 1980. This would lead to the Reagan Revolution and many events that took place in the 80's. This can technically make 1981 babies the first "3T babies."

2. Among the first to have an unlikely chance of remembering the Challenger explosion

This reason is probably not as good as my other reasons, but the Challenger explosion appears to be the "do you remember when..." event that determines the Gen X/Millennial or Nomad/Hero cutoff. Since 1981 babies were the first to enter elementary school after it happened, they are likely the first to have an unlikely chance of remembering it.

3. Probably some of the first to not feel that impacted by the end of the Cold War

Like the one above, probably not that great of a reason as well. The Cold War was an event that persisted from the 1T until some parts of the 3T and made people try to put an end to the communist regime in eastern Europe. Generally, people will start to know the understanding of world events when they are around middle school aged, and because 1981 babies were the first to start middle school after the USSR collapse, they are probably also the first to not get that greatly impacted by it.

4. First to graduate high school after the Columbine shooting

The Columbine shooting was the first major modern school shooting and was the event that singlehandedly escalated the fear of schoolyard violence. It caused children/minors to be more sheltered, arguably made people question their parenting, and made issues like mental illness and bullying become more known on school grounds.

5. Probably some of the first to display stereotypical "Millennial/Hero" traits

It is a common stereotype for Millennials/Heroes to be labelled as a "left leaning" generation. On this website, 1981 babies seem to be the first that have a liberal lean:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014...itics.html

Messages In This Thread
Why I think a 1981 start date for Millies/Heroes can work - by Ghost - 08-08-2021, 04:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do S&H start Civic generations so early? Blazkovitz 24 12,336 09-04-2021, 09:42 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Are Heroes mostly brave - oder obedient? Hintergrund 27 15,898 05-18-2019, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund