Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Homelander school shooter?
(12-06-2021, 06:58 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 09:11 AM)galaxy Wrote: I definitely think the fact that his parents have been charged is notable. Perhaps it's a step in the direction of viewing these shootings as a systemic problem rather than individual moral failings by lunatics (which is a shift from a 3T way of thinking to a 1T way of thinking).

It's definitely a systemic problem, mainly that concerning the obsession with guns in the USA. The USA has by far more guns, more crime and more gun violence than other developed countries. This is also associated with the nation's racial and economic-inequality systemic problems. 

I don't think the fault of parents for shootings by younger people is a systemic problem. This is a problem with this single case, one of estraordinary negligence, gun carelessness and gun obsession by the parents, although the Sandy Hook case also revealed some careless actions by the shooter's Mother. I doubt however that parents do a worse job in the USA than they do in other countries. But the USA is definitely a big outlier in the other 3 concerns I have mentioned. What is notable is how nefarious, negligent and gun-obsessed the parents areas well as the young shooter in this case.

Distracting attention once again from the USA's gun problem onto parents is just another way of avoiding the issue, which has become a political problem of long-standing caused by one particular cruel and outdated political party, the Republicans of today, as well as by the gun lobby.

Churchill was right: we try everything else before we do the right thing.  I have no idea what will finally trigger an end to gun madness, but I hope it's not armed anarchy.  That would be nearly impossible to stop once it starts.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
First Homelander school shooter? - by sbarrera - 12-04-2021, 04:45 PM
RE: First Homelander school shooter? - by galaxy - 12-05-2021, 09:11 AM
RE: First Homelander school shooter? - by David Horn - 12-07-2021, 12:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rating Homelander start dates Ghost 1 1,185 11-26-2021, 12:28 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Homelander/New Artist kids during quarantine GeekyCynic 8 5,445 07-28-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: sbarrera