Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homelander/New Artist kids during quarantine
Here is a video of two Homelander/New Silent kids (both child actors) discussing their life during this pandemic. I found it interested how structured their home life seems to be and how close they appear to be with their parents. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yd2Ry3HTlE
Yep. In no particular order, I just wake up, join my online classes while eating breakfast, do work for them, work on personal projects, go on social media/YouTube, stream games, help mom cook, and go on walks... It already feels like the 50s Part 2

It's true that Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the most popular quarantine game right now. Me and my 2010-born sister absolutely love playing it, we do it every day, and it brought a ton of joy to us during quarantine. It couldn't have come out at a better time, March 20th. It's a wholesome peaceful game where you turn your deserted island into a beautiful town/city with adorable villagers living in them. The developers really made sure to sneak wholesomeness in every nook and cranny (pun intended). People have had their cancelled weddings, birthdays, and graduations in this game. [/url][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_JYZbrXGco]This Silent grandma put in 3500+ hours into the previous Animal Crossing game, New Leaf. Look at her unboxing New Horizons with her grandson! She even got a villager named after her! So yeah, the days of more violent and complex Call Of Duty and MMORPGs of the Unraveling are over. 

Okay but one thing that really surprised me is that its becoming more and more normal for popular, glamorous kids to be watching anime (Japanese animated shows for teens and young adults). I guess that's cool because you won't be bullied for it anymore, but I kinda miss the days when it was more niche. I used to be a huge anime fan by the way. It's weird, though. Nothing immediately comes to mind when I try to think of something a kid would be bullied for these days. That's a really good sign.
(05-23-2020, 12:19 AM)GeekyCynic Wrote: Here is a video of two Homelander/New Silent kids (both child actors) discussing their life during this pandemic. I found it interested how structured their home life seems to be and how close they appear to be with their parents. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yd2Ry3HTlE

I'm not seeing how else it could work.  They're home from school, but their schools still expect them to do the work, and the teachers can be if anything more demanding since they can draft the parents into service to assist them.  Of course, that means more interaction with the parents too.
(05-27-2020, 09:44 AM)Camz Wrote: Yep. In no particular order, I just wake up, join my online classes while eating breakfast, do work for them, work on personal projects, go on social media/YouTube, stream games, help mom cook, and go on walks... It already feels like the 50s Part 2

It's true that Animal Crossing: New Horizons is the most popular quarantine game right now. Me and my 2010-born sister absolutely love playing it, we do it every day, and it brought a ton of joy to us during quarantine. It couldn't have come out at a better time, March 20th. It's a wholesome peaceful game where you turn your deserted island into a beautiful town/city with adorable villagers living in them. The developers really made sure to sneak wholesomeness in every nook and cranny (pun intended). People have had their cancelled weddings, birthdays, and graduations in this game. [/url][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_JYZbrXGco]This Silent grandma put in 3500+ hours into the previous Animal Crossing game, New Leaf. Look at her unboxing New Horizons with her grandson! She even got a villager named after her! So yeah, the days of more violent and complex Call Of Duty and MMORPGs of the Unraveling are over. 

Okay but one thing that really surprised me is that its becoming more and more normal for popular, glamorous kids to be watching anime (Japanese animated shows for teens and young adults). I guess that's cool because you won't be bullied for it anymore, but I kinda miss the days when it was more niche. I used to be a huge anime fan by the way. It's weird, though. Nothing immediately comes to mind when I try to think of something a kid would be bullied for these days. That's a really good sign.

That's a far cry from the gory video games I used to play as a kid. It's nice to know bullying isn't as much a thing in schools nowadays. When I was in middle school, just having any tastes or mannerisms that could be considered feminine would make you the target of bullies.
(05-30-2020, 08:25 PM)GeekyCynic Wrote: It's nice to know bullying isn't as much a thing in schools nowadays.

Physical bullying isn't as much of a thing.  Psychological bullying is just as common.  It just takes forms that are difficult for adults to discern, so most of the adults don't realize when it's occurring.
(05-31-2020, 02:27 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(05-30-2020, 08:25 PM)GeekyCynic Wrote: It's nice to know bullying isn't as much a thing in schools nowadays.

Physical bullying isn't as much of a thing.  Psychological bullying is just as common.  It just takes forms that are difficult for adults to discern, so most of the adults don't realize when it's occurring.

Bullying is definitely still a thing, especially psychological bullying, I just haven't witnessed much myself because of the area I live in. I have friends around my age who've had very traumatic experiences with bullying (due to mental illness or appearance), and they only tell those they're close to.
Photo 
I liked this Tweet and how it speaks to children's concerns being deprioritized, as one would expect in a 4T:

https://twitter.com/jackmurphylive/statu...0518064141
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
This is the content of the Tweet; I couldn't figure out how to embed it.

Jack Murphy Flag of United States
@jackmurphylive
· Jun 4
The world's fucked up priorities in order:

PROTEST WHITE SUPREMACY
VV
PANDEMIC
VV
VV
VV
VV
VV
Economy
VV
VV
VV
VV
VV
VV
VV
VV
VV
VV
VV

My children's education, social lives, sporting events, and graduation.

I hope they never forget they're on the bottom.

Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages
Here's a great video of kids v. the coronavirus. Smile

Steve Barrera

Saecular Pages

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Homelander school shooter? sbarrera 6 2,404 12-07-2021, 12:41 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Rating Homelander start dates Ghost 1 1,141 11-26-2021, 12:28 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  New Artist kids now have their own superhero team GeekyCynic 9 5,128 01-05-2021, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Dustinw5220
  Halloween for Xer kids vs. New Silent kids GeekyCynic 3 2,517 10-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Camz
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,181 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  E-People: Civic/Hero or Artist? Ghost 11 6,481 06-05-2020, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
  Greta Thunberg - Civic or Artist? Bill the Piper 40 21,477 11-26-2019, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund