Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your parenting style (whether or not you have kids)?
Yes. I want any of my kids (if I had them) obeying the law. Civil disobedience will be expected, but I will not accept even speeding.

As for college -- I miss the days in which college was as inexpensive as a hobby. College kids must do real, humbling work so that they not become narcissists. Factory work, farm labor, domestic service, sales-clerking, or fast-food work will well serve to destroy Trump-like, degrading and destructive narcissism.

If at all possible there will be a pet -- maybe a cat from which one graduates to a dog. Part of the responsibility will be to teach the dog to respect the cat -- if the cat needs any help. Dogs compel good behavior by us. A hint: Donald Trump has never had a pet dog. Dogs do not get along well with sociopaths unless specifically trained (think of Hitler's dog Blondi, a gift from the SS).
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is your parenting style (whether or not you have kids)? - by pbrower2a - 10-05-2022, 04:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Content vs Style tg63 6 7,181 08-01-2017, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Kinser79
  Concrete jungle: why brutalist architecture is back in style Dan '82 4 3,444 10-15-2016, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew