Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Economic Vampirism--how the boomers are robbing GenX (and Millenials)
(05-13-2016, 06:31 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Well they are evaporating from most work places. Retirements in large numbers. It took a while but it's finally happening. Meanwhile I'm seeing more and more Milles, as expected.

In truth, for every Boomer who was a Yuppie and did well, there are numerous Blue Collar ones who got screwed starting in the late 80s and early 90s when the obsession with cost reduction and outsourcing kicked in. Lots of Boomers don't have a pot to pee in as they retire / burn out / get pushed out of the work force.
Yet on the flip side there are more people continuing to work beyond age 65 than ever before. I am now 71 and am trying desperately to remain in the work force. One of the problems I have found stems from the fact that when I started out the workplace was still more benign and less cutthroat than today, and I have difficulty putting up with the mean spirited attitude in vogue these days, not to mention the sped-up pace of life in general.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting article about genx vs millennials erdna3 4 2,205 03-14-2023, 08:42 PM
Last Post: dennok