Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Economic Vampirism--how the boomers are robbing GenX (and Millenials)
(05-17-2016, 04:51 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 04:34 AM)Galen Wrote:
(05-13-2016, 06:31 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Lots of Boomers don't have a pot to pee in as they retire / burn out / get pushed out of the work force.

As Peter Schiff has pointed out multiple times they are showing up in many of the new low paying jobs which is pushing out many entry level job seekers.  The Boomers did not plan because they assumed what was would always be in spite of the job they did wrecking everything.

Also some were single parents. Here in NZ, it was not possible for my mother to go out and work as there is a law stating that a child cannot be unsupervised until 16. So she could not go out and work. But even then when i hit 16 she should have planned for her retirement and for funeral costs. She has not planned for either and overspent which has hurt my future as i am left cleaning up her mess. I do not know the circumstances for single parents in America back when boomers were with little ones but I am sure it could have hurt their pocket much more than if they were with someone. But we cannot entirely blame the break up of families on boomers....the silents i hear started that trend and i can see why after listening to a boomer on the situation of GI's who stuck together. It was an eye opener.

Women are basically told to go back to work as soon as possible -- so go sling hash, run the cash register at the box store, make beds at the motel... it's as if we get the worst results possible in view of such prosperity as we have. Some prosperity!

The US has the flimsiest welfare state in the advanced industrial West. Unless you wish to call Brazil an advanced industrial society, America is the last such country to have abolished slavery, and after emancipating the slaves the property-owners of the South made sure that the ex-slaves had to endure a new form of serfdom that was also imposed upon poor white people. There is welfare, but one must be really messed up to use it.

We have people who weigh 400 pounds or more -- they are disabled due to their weight.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting article about genx vs millennials erdna3 4 2,224 03-14-2023, 08:42 PM
Last Post: dennok