Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most dangerous time since the Civil War
(01-08-2018, 02:17 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Criticize the public schools all that you want, but you do not want a collection of minors lacking competent adults to keep them from doing stupid and destructive things.

Minors already have competent adults to attempt to prevent them from doing stupid and destructive things (nothing is ever 100%)...these people are called parents. The role of a school should be to instill facts and information into the minds of a person, not to take on the role of the parents in society.

Quote:There's a great range of talent among teachers. The bad ones operate with either extreme permissiveness or rigid discipline, or (worse!) alternate between one or the other (See very bad parents).. The really-good ones could do something other than teach. I do not mean cashiering in a retail store.

Not true. As the spouse of a Public School teacher I can tell you that by and large bad teachers operate under the aupices of tenure and monopolistic unions dominating a public institution. The really good ones usually get syphoned off to private education, or they eventually get burned out and seek other employment.

And there are worse things a former teacher can do than cashier in a retail store that involve far less stress than dealing with the inmates of what essentially amounts to interment camps for minors.

Quote:What is the alternative? Sending kids to work in farms, factories, and mines as they used to?

I hate to break it to you but the large majority of people are not academically minded and as such they might be better served by such a thing. I would say the largest disservice the last couple of generations have done to their children is to inhibit their economic libido. Of course all of this was done in the name of progress so that evil is a-okay according to the libtarded.

Quote:Life is complex 3enough thqat the old standby of a 'solid eighth-grade education' is now far from adequate.

I've met college graduates who were for all practical purposes functionally illiterate, so an AA is the equivalent to an eighth grade education in 1920. The only thing worse than someone with great capacity not being educated, is someone with low capacity being educated beyond their means.

Those who have great capacity but are not educated can in the course of time, and under their own power, educate themselves (I did, and do; my son does and is doing just that). On the other side someone with low capacity spending a long period of time in a classroom finds themselves in the real world, with no experience to rely on and confronted with an inability to adjust from the world of the ivory tower to the world of the street. Something I understand, PBR, that you have experience with.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most dangerous time since the Civil War - by Kinser79 - 01-09-2018, 02:23 AM