Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most dangerous time since the Civil War
(01-11-2018, 04:12 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 04:11 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:   Besides, GIs were teaching K-12 as late as 1990, and by 1990, Generation X had started teaching.

GIs were teaching later than that.  My Junior year of High School was 1995-1996.  My English Teacher that year, whose name is unimportant, was a 1920 cohort.  Though she retired at the end of the year.  I must admit that she reluctantly admitted that she preferred my generation in comparison to the previous one as we by that time had largely repudiated the so-called counter-culture.

I am a bit older than you are and the GI's and Silents often looked at us older Xers much like they did the Boomers.  Unless you were there its hard to understand how much the Boomers scared the crap out of everybody and the worry was the Generation X would be just like them or worse.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most dangerous time since the Civil War - by Galen - 01-11-2018, 04:52 AM