Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What belongs exclusively to the current Fourth Turning?
Other people thought of:

Streaming video services. Well of course. In 2009 I bought a house. I got basic cable along with the other utilities. A little later, a got Netflix streaming. I had been using their disc-at-home model for some time. It wasn't long before I cut the cord on that cable. Now I have Hulu and Amazon Prime Video as well. Might as well count Spotify in there. There's never enough time for it all but it is affordable so who cares?

The sharing economy. Platforms like Uber, Lyft, AirBnB. There's not a lot of good data on its extent, but it certainly has been facilitated by the smartphone.

The Occupy Movements. It all started right after the Global Financial Crisis with Occupy Wall Street. And their flip side, the Tea Party-types. Now we have Black Lives Matter, Anonymous and the #resistance versus the alt-right and MAGA deplorables on the other.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages

Messages In This Thread
RE: What belongs exclusively to the current Fourth Turning? - by sbarrera - 07-01-2018, 05:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theater Production about the Fourth Turning sbarrera 10 5,689 11-18-2019, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event? TheNomad 31 15,690 07-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TheNomad