Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Opioid Crisis!~!~!
"Pain management" sounds like the low end of medical practice. There are basic rules, and one of them is to seek treatment of the cause of pain if such is possible. It is up to standard physicians to prescribe such painkillers as are necessary and appropriate for a patient, especially for short-term pain or for terminal pain so that the patient can live as normally as possible. The regular physician can say no to a patient who is abusing the painkillers.

I am getting treatment for back pain so bad that it imitated a heart attack, and I am starting with physical therapy. I have yet to receive any prescription painkillers. It would be easy for a physician to prescribe them. I would rather resort to chiropractic treatment) physicians may joke about it as "chiroquactic", but if it numbs the pain that can't otherwise be met, I will be satisfied. For me, opioids are a last resort. I am the sort of patient who decides to use fewer than might be appropriate so that I am reminded that I have a problem.

Pain is a symptom, and not the cause.It is the body's way of saying that something is terribly wrong.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-16-2018, 05:15 AM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by pbrower2a - 09-16-2018, 06:58 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by David Horn - 09-17-2018, 02:24 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-17-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by pbrower2a - 09-17-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-17-2018, 11:07 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-18-2018, 02:04 AM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by pbrower2a - 09-18-2018, 09:23 AM