Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Opioid Crisis!~!~!
UPDATE: Senate passes bipartisan opioid package

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/17/politics/...index.html

The package has provisions that would give the US Food and Drug Administration the authority to require specific packaging for opioids, as well as a push for research on non-addictive pain killers, according to a previous statement from Alexander.

In 2016, more than 63,600 people died from an overdose in the United States -- and 42,249 of those deaths involved an opioid, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The legislation also includes the "STOP Act," which would attempt to help stop the flow of illegal drugs coming into the United States.

FIRST - 42,249 deaths in 2006 involved "an opioid".

I'm not doing independent research on this I refuse.  I would love to know the exact breakdown of these random figures.  I want to know how many people died in the United States that same year with "alcohol in their body".  Or anything else.  A frakking opioid in conjunction with other medication (or not) combined with irresponsible users = death.  I also want to know how many of those deaths were suicides (we can never know that truthfully) or the age of the people who died (because I would BET many were young party people).

Yet, those who really need these medications are facing the crackdown.

If you don't think ppl need opioids or there is no need in our civilization for such medication, no one is forcing you to respond to this post.  Don't irritate.  

Everything I hear is about suppressed breathing and "passing away in sleep" while using too much medication or using in conjunction with other suppressants LIKE ALCOHOL.  Alcohol is THE number one suppressant/depressant which does not require the frakking postal service or a prescription, just go find a 7-Eleven near you with ca$h.

Yet the legislation wants to govern packages from outside the U.S. to see if someone is mail-ordering oxycodone.  Let's just say you need to trust when people say it is way easier to get a prescription than to learn the dark net and order it online.

And yes, all these companies got millions of people hooked on the same villainous drugs and they are fully shielded while the bodies and brains of human beings might really be helped by things like benzodiazepines which have nothing to do with OPIUM yet are under more attack than most drugs except maybe fentanyl.  

If this narrative is real, WHY are whole LOW INCOME CLINICS shutting their entire mental health facilities over the idea they don't want to be on the hook for dead patients who overdose?

Do you know doctors are now handing out STINTS for patients who use these drugs which is meant for you when you are overdosing you can rush to find the stint which has some flushing agent and nullifies the toxin thus keeps you alive.  But really, it's about the doctor not wanting to have a death on their record.  So they actually give patients now a stint with this drug (to save yourself when you are overdosing) and you sign a document noting that you exonerate the doctor of any wrongdoing basically saying you know you may die from said drug and you assume responsibility.

America?

If you have the cash, you can get a real psychiatrist and get what you know works for you.  If you is po, like they say GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

This is being called "the nation's worst public health crisis, and there is a bipartisan sense of urgency to send the bill to the President quickly."

THE WORST PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS?  There is no other crisis of public concern which needs immediate bi-partisan support rushed through right quick even when nothing else is being accomplished?  Fear is always the best story.  I still want to know the specifics on those numbers.  No, doctors don't even know.  Ask one.  Ask one for where do they get their information, from whom, do they have a breakdown and what do THEY actually think of it?  If their licenses are not at risk (say, ask an endocrinologist) and they will smirk at you in a wink nod that it's all bullshit.

Messages In This Thread
The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-16-2018, 05:15 AM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by pbrower2a - 09-16-2018, 06:58 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by David Horn - 09-17-2018, 02:24 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-17-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by pbrower2a - 09-17-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-17-2018, 11:07 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-18-2018, 02:04 AM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by pbrower2a - 09-18-2018, 09:23 AM