Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Opioid Crisis!~!~!
I couldn't help myself and looked at just a few numbers.

Annually in America there are (adjusted for expected age-related deceased) 2M deaths.

According to this article, 63,000 of those were from overdoses and 42,000 had "opioids in their system" (totally vague and unconvincing definition to pass a bi-partisan bill in the current climate, something else is behind it, please someone offer what it may be?).

MATH

The overdose number is 3% of annual deaths in America.  If you want to specify the "opioids in their system" it is 2% of annual deaths.

Even the term "overdose" is a misnomer.  It simply implies someone died "with opiates in their system".  We have no reasonable understanding of what other factors were happening to say what KIND of overdose it was.

Now, connect that to the idea millions of people are receiving a fist in the face with mental health right now.  This is not just about opiates at all.  Benzodiazepines are being attacked.  People who have experienced real treatment are under literal assault.  It is not good to fuck with a person's mental health regime.  If you don't have one of those, just stfu and be lucky you don't have that.  

If ppl cannot talk about what may be behind this high-profile "salvage of life" by this bill seeking to scan the mail for Chinese postage containing oxy, just stay out of it.  The bill basically says it wants to stop ppl from importing drugs from other countries.  Po people don't do things like that.  They barely have obamacare and that is under high assault.  We all know why.

I continue to say there may in fact be an opioid problem but it's not at all what the news keeps saying.

The sludge of congress moves with unilateral bipartisanship to save 2% of Americans classified as "overdosing with opioids in their system"?  Does this seem right?  In this climate where nothing is possible, no one is communicating, but something like this unites everyone?  Please cynics, come forward.

IN AMERICA: CAUSE OF DEATH

1) Heart disease: 633,842 (30%)
2) Cancer: 595,930 (about 30%)
3) Chronic Lower-Respiratory Diseases: 155,041 (10%)
4) Accidents (unintentional injuries): 146,571 (7%)
5) Stroke: 140,323 (about 7%)

Guess what?  Any of those TOP 5 KILLERS IN AMERICA could have opioids in them when they died.  Thus, possibly transferring them into the CROSS-SECTIONAL data where someone "overdosed".  I am astonished it lists right here "Accidents (unintentional)" as a real thing!  So, unless you left a suicide note you will NOT be in this category! 

This is to show everyone how LOW 2% is (and just trust everyone the data is not false - RIGHT).  People's lives are being interrupted, treatment denied, medication withheld.  I explained earlier it isn't just a news story for me.  A friend of mine just last week went for surgery to remove part of his bowel due to crohn's disease and they would not agree to reasonable pain management.  I know others who are NOT HAVING SURGERY BY CHOICE because doctors are out-of-control with wanting to give people a fucking TYLENOL for SURGERIES.

It the reader cannot stand behind that as BARBARIC I am sure you simply have no personal experience with these matters - and should think before you speak.

Again, racing around with loud bipartisan support in a time when congress is doing nothing, the bill targets IMPORTS FROM CHINA FOR PEOPLE IMPORTING OPIUM PRODUCTS.  And that is translating into scaring the hell out of doctors to such a level where patients are experiencing barbarism.

Messages In This Thread
The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-16-2018, 05:15 AM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by pbrower2a - 09-16-2018, 06:58 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by David Horn - 09-17-2018, 02:24 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-17-2018, 11:38 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by pbrower2a - 09-17-2018, 06:52 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-17-2018, 11:07 PM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by TheNomad - 09-18-2018, 02:04 AM
RE: The Opioid Crisis!~!~! - by pbrower2a - 09-18-2018, 09:23 AM